Status: Updating when I have the time.

I Have Loved, and I Have Lost

Chapter 13

I awoke to the sound of soft snores coming from beside me. I rolled over to come face to face with Oli’s face. His eyes were closed, his long dark eyelashes acting as curtains, his pink lips slightly parted and his bangs falling over his eyes. The duvet was draped over our waists, revealing his shirtless, tattooed chest. He looked so peaceful as he murmured something and shifted a little. I laughed softly to myself, wondering why I was here at Oli’s. Lily was expecting me home last night. The last thing I remember was being in Oli’s car and reluctantly letting sleep overcome me.

“Mornin’ love,” Oli mumbled sleepily, his voice raspy.

“Morning Oli,” I grinned, jabbing him in his ribs. He groaned and grabbed my index finger, pinning it to the bed.

“Did yeh really ‘ave t’ do tha’ doll?” He asked, doing his best to glare at me. I just grinned widely at him and nodded whilst trying to wriggle my finger out of his hand.

“Olls, why am I in your bed? I was meant to go home last night.”

“Yeh passed out in m’ car an’ it was a bit late t’ be droppin’ yeh off ‘ome, I figured Lily would be sleepin’ an’ I didn’ wanna wake either of yeh.” I smiled at how sweet he was.

“Thank you.” He smiled back and me, muttering a ‘you’re welcome’ in his thick accent.

“Mm, wha’ do yeh wanna do t’day?” He asked, shaking his hair out of his eyes and propping himself up onto his elbows.

“Hm, I really don’t mind.” I smiled; I was in a really good mood.

“’ow ‘bout we start wi’ breakfast an’ figure out wha’ t’ do after tha’?” He questioned. I nodded, stretching. Oli bolted up and grabbed my sides, tickling me madly mid-stretch. I fell backwards so that I was led down, trying to escape his grasp as he continued to tickle me.

“Ol… Oli please… stop!” I gasped, laughing breathlessly. He stopped without warning, staring into my eyes as his face hovered above mine.

“Tha’s wha’ yeh get for jabbin’ me earlier.” He said lowly, a smirk appearing on his lips.

“You’re evil.” I glared, wriggling from underneath him. He just grinned back at me as we got out of his bed. He slipped a pair of basketball shorts on, not bothering to put a shirt on.

We made our way up to the kitchen to find the house empty, apart from Tom who was eating a bowl of cereal on the couch whilst watching TV.

“Mornin’” He mumbled through a mouthful of cheerio’s. I laughed as I said good morning back to him.

Oli dragged me into the kitchen and made us breakfast and coffee whilst we spoke about what to do today.

The calendar hung on the wall by the breakfast bar caught my eye.

“It’s nearly Halloween!” I gasped, grinning.

Halloween was one of my favourite holidays ever.

My mom used to take me trick or treating every year when I was a kid and I’d never forget the fun we’d used to have.

“Indeed it is.” Oli smirked.

“We should have a party or something.” I beamed, wondering if Lily would let me have a party at hers. It was kind of small though.

I watched as it went through Oli’s mind and he slowly started planning it. A grin spread across his face and he looked me in the eyes.

“We could ‘ave it ‘ere. ‘m sure m’ mum an’ dad wouldn’ mind. They normally go t’ m’ aunt an’ uncles for ‘alloween anyway.”

“Ah, that’d be so cool if you could have a party!” I squealed, thoughts of outfits flashing through my mind.

“I’ll ask ‘em later.”

“Sweet.” I beamed.

The sound of my ring tone broke the comfortable silence that had formed between us and I jumped up, racing down to Oli’s bedroom to get my cell.

“Hello?” I panted into the phone, slightly breathless from running down the stairs. I smiled, blowing my bangs out of my eyes.

I honestly don’t know why I’m in such a good mood this morning.

“Hey babe, have you been running?” Chace asked his voice smooth and comforting.

“Yeah, I just ran down the stairs.” I laughed softly.

“Down stairs? Lily lives in an apartment, right?” I sighed, knowing how he’d react when I said I was at Oli’s.

“I’m not at Lily’s babe; I’m at Oli’s.” I told him, biting my lip as I waited for his reply. I heard him sigh deeply and the tension between us could be cut with a knife.

Oli’s POV

I tapped on the breakfast bar as I tried not to listen to Silver having an argument with her boyfriend. I knew I was the cause of the argument. Well the fact that she was here is what the problem is. I felt terrible that I was causing arguments between them and ultimately upsetting Silver – that was the last thing I’d ever want to do.

I hopped down from the stool and went into the living room where Tom was still sat on the sofa.

“Yeh really like this lass, don’ yeh?” Tom smirked.

“Shut up Tommeh, she’s only downstairs!” I whisper yelled at him.

His smirk grew wider and he shrugged.

“She’s got a boyfriend though, righ’?” I nodded slowly. “Then again when ‘as tha’ ever stopped yeh?”

I shook my head and walked away from him. This was not the case with Silver. I didn’t want to ruin her relationship; I cared about her way too much to upset her.

I stopped in the kitchen and couldn’t hear her yelling anymore. Instead I heard soft sobs coming from my bedroom.

I let out a sigh and poked my head around the door, seeing Silver sat on the floor with her back against my bed. Her head was lent against her arms, her hair covering her face. My heart sunk and I closed my door behind me before going down the stairs and over to her shaking body.

“S, are yeh alrigh’ love?” I asked softly, placing my hand on her shoulder.

She shook her head, letting out a sob.

“Oh, doll…” I whispered, pulling her into my lap.

She clung to my shirt, her head tucked under my chin.

“He’s so paranoid…” She managed to sob out. “He doesn’t get it that we’re just friends. It’s so frustrating!”

“’e’s jus’ bein’ a guy love. Yeh’re a beautiful lass, ‘e’s bound t’ be paranoid when yeh’re thousands o’ miles away wi’ hot lads like me.” I tried to lighten the mood, making her chuckle slightly.

She pulled away, wiping her tear stained cheeks. The tip of her nose had turned a light shade of pink and her eyes were watery. I really didn’t like seeing her like this.
♠ ♠ ♠
(: