Status: Updating when I have the time.

I Have Loved, and I Have Lost

Chapter 3

“C'mon girl, get out' bed! Yeh got school, 'member?” Lily reminded me, shaking me from my sleep.

Yeah, thanks for considering that I'm sleeping!

I groaned and rolled out of bed, quickly hopping into the shower and getting ready for my first day at my new school. Luckily they were starting nearly at the end of the week; on a Thursday, so I only had to put up with two days of this before the weekend.

Lily dropped me off at school before going to work as a photographer for a few local bands. Apparently there was some music thing going on today that she needed to be there for.

She'd pointed me in the direction on the reception area before leaving me in the parking lot of the school surrounded by unknown English students. I bit my lip nervously and walked in the direction she'd pointed me in, suddenly feeling a little self conscious. I don't know why I felt like that. I didn't normally care what people thought of me. I was me and if they didn't like who I was then they didn't need to aknowledge me.

I found my way to the reception where I was handed a timetable, map and showed to my tutor base. I walked into the already full room and mentally groaned; everyone was already talking in their own little friendship groups; I was an outsider. I walked over to the teacher who was sat at her desk at the front of the classroom, ignoring the curious stares I was receiving. A name card thing on her desk informed me that her name was Miss Johnson. She was young and fairly tall, although she did have heels on. She seemed like a generally nice person, I was sure we'd get along.

“Guys, quieten down!” She called over the many babbling voices.

Please don't make me introduce myself.

“Oi, shut it!” The class quietened down and continued to stare at me.

“Thank you. This is Silver, she's just came here all the way from California so be nice. Silver, you can sit over there by Oli and Jessica.” She smiled warmly, pointing to an empty seat in the right aisle of chairs.

“And so we meet again.” A velvet voice purred from beside me, his accent thick.

I turned to look at him, studying his tattoo's, his face, his hair, his smile and those gorgeous honey eyes.

“Excuse me? I don't think we've met before.” I hissed, swinging my legs around to face him.

“Oh, we 'ave. The other night, yeh bumped int' me. I'm th' ass 'ole tha' needs t' watch where 'm goin'.” He smirked.

Oh shit, it was him!

I felt my cheeks flush a light shade of pink but shook it off.

“Oh, it's you.” I spat, grabbing my bag as the bell rang and everyone stood up.

“Name's Oli by th' way, love. Wha's yours, I didn't quite catch it?” He pressed, following me towards the front of the class. I ignored him and focused on getting the hell out of there.

“Silver, do you know where you're going?” Miss Johnson asked.

“Er, not really. But I have a map.” I laughed lightly.

“I'll show 'er 'round.” 'Oli' purred from directly behind me.

Miss Johnson gave him a funny look.

“I don't think that's such a good idea, Oliver. I'm pretty sure Silver doesn't want to be sexually harassed on her first day.” Miss Johnson replied, a smile hinting on her lips.

“Cheers Miss,”

“I'll show 'er 'round, Miss.” A small girl with long blond hair piped up.

She was one of the last to leave the classroom and fairly pretty. Her eyeliner was thick and she had a checked red shirt on, showing off the tattoo's that covered her right arm. She had snakebites and her septum pierced. I'd always wanted snakebites but Chace had begged me not to get them, saying that I didn't need piercings to make me prettier. How cheesy.

“Ugh,” Oli sighed, rolling his eyes.

“Thanks Kitty, I'd appreciate that. Silver, I'll see you after lunch.” Miss Johnson smiled politely as 'Kitty' pulled me out of the room, Oli slouching behind.

“Man whore.” Kitty coughed as Oli walked past us.

“Slag.” Oli muttered, joining his friends.

“Er, I take it you two get along well.” I mumbled sarcastically.

“Silver, meet Oliver Sykes. Th' biggest man whore Sheffield 'as ever seen.” Kitty informed me, glaring daggers at Oli.

Hm, I wonder what she had against him, apart from supposedly being a man-whore.

“What 'ave yeh got first?” Kitty asked, turning her gaze to me.

“Er, chemistry with Mr Tomlin.”

“Okay, I'll walk yeh there then I'll meet yeh outside th' class after 'cause I got physics.” Kitty stated, leading me through the busy school.

She pushed me inside the class room gently, knowing I was nervous.

“See ya in an hour.” She smiled before running off down the hall.

I walked over to the desk at the front of the class and handed the old guy my slip, informing him I was new. Thankfully, he didn't introduce me. He simply pointed to an empty chair at a lab table in the back right hand corner. I smiled to myself as I placed my bag on the desk and sat down on the stool. I had the whole table to myself. The bell rung loudly from directly behind me and the old, mad-professor looking teacher began to drone on about atomic elements.

“Nice of you to join us, Mr Sykes.” Mr Tomlin spoke grumpily.

I looked up to see Oli walking towards me, a smirk on his lips.

“Your in me seat, love.” He smiled down at me.

“There's an empty seat right there. I'm sure it wont hurt for you to sit there for this lesson.” I replied bitterly.

I knew he was only trying to be nice, but what Kitty had said kept whirring around in my mind.

He's just a man whore.

“But that's my seat, doll.” His voice was low so Mr Tomlin wouldn't hear.

Although, I'm pretty sure he wouldn't be able to hear if I was screaming back here. I'd noticed his hearing-aids on my way in and I'd heard him make a few students repeat themselves as he 'didn't quite catch it' or they 'weren't speaking properly'.

“Just sit down.” I sighed, attempting to focus on something to do with element groups.

I heard Oli sigh from behind me before two hands wrapped around just underneath my arms, either side of me, before lifting me to the stool that was beside me. Oli grinned, sitting down on the stool I was just on.

“What the fuck!? Don't ever fucking do that again!” I glared at him, the smirk remaining not leaving his lips.

I was pissed off at him for picking me up like I was some sort of rag doll or a small child. He didn't even fucking know me!

“So then love, 'ow come yeh moved t' Sheffield?” Oli asked interested.

“I don't think that's any of your business.” I snapped at him for interrupting my thoughts.

“Oo, feisty. I like it.” He smirked, leaning a little closer to me.

I scooted away from him and started clicking my pen repeatedly. I missed home. I missed my friends. But most of all, I missed Chace. I just wanted to feel his arms wrapped securely around my body, breathe in his familiar scent and taste his lips on my own.

“Love, stop. Yeh don't know 'ow annoying that is.” Oli laughed, placing his hands on mine to get me to stop clicking my pen.

I pulled my hands away abruptly and stared out of the window I was sat by, biting on the end of my pen absent mindedly. I just wanted this day to end already. I wanted to go home.

The bell rung loudly after fifty minutes, allowing me to go to my next lesson. Maths. I hated maths, I was never any good at it. Luckily, Kitty was in my class and the teacher let me sit next to her so I wasn't too lonely. All through the day I had random strangers staring at me curiously and asking me any question that popped into their little minds. Why I was here? Where I was from? What's California like? It got really annoying after third period but everyone was eager to know everything about me like I was some sort of shiny new toy. Oli was in a lot of my lessons and wouldn't stop making the effort to find out more about me. At lunch I'd attempted to make Kitty explain why she despised him so much but she only shrugged it off and said it was nothing.

“So, are yeh busy t'night?” Kitty asked as we walked away from the school.

“Nope,” I sighed, kicking a stone out of my way.

“Good. Fancy comin' to a party. Yeh 'ave t' come, Silver. We need to get yeh introduced t' some people.” She grinned mischievously.

“Sure, where is it?”

It probably wasn't the best idea going to a party, seeing as that's the reason I was here. 'Too much partying'. But what the hell. It's not like they could send me any further away from my friends as my dad was an only child and mom only had Lily, making me have no other relatives seeing as all of my grandparents had passed away when I was younger.

“It's my brothers friend, Lee's party. I'll pick yeh up at seven.” She smiled, climbing into the passenger seat of her brothers car.

I nodded and let my eyes scan the car park for Lily's car. I soon noticed the small, black mini and strolled over to it, climbing into the passenger seat.

“Hey, 'ow was your first day at school?” Lily asked softly, pulling out of the parking space she was in.

“Fine,” I smiled, staring out of the window.

“Make any new friends?”

“Yep. Mind if I go to a party tonight? My friend, Kitty, asked me and I really wanna go.” Even I could hear the small whine in my voice.

“Do yeh really think tha's a good idea? I mean, after all it is the reason you're dad sent yeh 'ere.”

“Please Lily, I just need to make some friends here. You honestly don't know how much I miss my friends right now.” I sighed and she nodded understandingly.

“Fine. Jus' don't come back too drunk, yeh 'ave school tomorrow.” She smiled softly.

I grinned and went into my room as soon as we got in to go and pick out an outfit. Lily came in after getting changed out of her work clothes to come and help me.

Dead on seven, Kitty's brothers car pulled up outside with Kitty in the passenger seat. I smiled and climbed into the back seat.

“Iya Silver, this is me brother, Jake.” Kitty stated.

I looked at his soft face through the rear view window as he smiled warmly at me. He was attractive to say the least. His hair was dark, unlike Kitty's, and his eyes were a gorgeous blue color.

We arrived outside a house a few minutes away from Lily's flat. There were a few people arriving and entering the house as we got out and walked inside. The music was loud as people were packed into the house. Jake took mine and Kitty's hands and pulled us into the kitchen so we wouldn't get lost. This was definitely my kind of scene; loud music, alcohol, dancing and attractive guys. Although, I could only look. I hated people who cheated.

“Jake, yeh made it.” A guy smiled, giving Jake a quick 'man hug'.

“Hey Kitty-Kat.” He grinned, pulling her into a hug.

“I don't think we've met,” He smiled kindly down at me.

“Silver.” I smiled back at him.

“Cute name.” He smirked, giving me a hug as well before handing us all drinks.

&&

We'd been here for four hours now and I was well and truly pissed. I stumbled outside to get some fresh air. It was so damn hot inside, especially after dancing for the majority of the night.

“Yeh look hot lass.” An annoyingly perfect voice purred from in front of me.

I looked up, not quite making out the guys face. I recognized his voice, just couldn't put a face to it. I lent backwards against the wall to stop myself from falling.

“Excuse me?” I snapped to the stranger.

“I mean hot as in boiling, love. Although, yeh do look fuckin' smokin'.” I could hear the smirk in his voice, I just couldn't quite make it out.

“Right. Uh, who are you?” I slurred drunkenly.

“It's Oli, babe. How much 'ave yeh 'ad t' drink, S?” He asked, amusement clear in his tone.

“One, don't call me babe. And two, you ask too many questions.” I slurred, pushing past him.

I stumbled into his chest and he caught me, putting one hand on my right hip and the other on the small of my back to steady me.

“Whoa, didn't know yeh were this int' me. We barely know each other.” He smirked.

“Oh trust me, I'm not into you. Now get off me.” I shook him off and marched past him, unable to walk in a straight line I knocked into someone.

I could hear Oli chuckling behind me as the person I'd bumped into dropped their drink and muttered 'fuck' under their breath.

“Oh, ello S.” Jake grinned

“Hiya! Do you know where Kitty is?” He chuckled at me trying to talk properly.

“She got m' dad to come pick 'er up 'cause she threw up. Don't worry, I'll still drive yeh 'ome.”

“Thank you Jakey,” I beamed, hugging him again.

“When d'yeh wanna leave?”

“When ever you want to.” I giggled.

“C'mon, lets get yeh 'ome.” He smiled, wrapping an arm around my waist to support me as we walked out to his car.

“Wait!” I yelled, stopping dead in the middle of the front yard.

“What?” He asked worriedly, looking around.

“Have you been drinking?” I hiccuped.

“Do yeh really think I'd drive yeh 'ome if I had?” He laughed lightly, dragging me to his car and placing me in the passenger seat.

I lent into Jakes side, closing my eyes as we waited for Lily to answer the door. Jake, being the gentleman that he is, insisted that he walk me to the door. Plus, I couldn't actually walk a few steps on my own without falling flat on my face.

“Er, ello. Silver, what are yeh doin'?” Lily asked, confused.

I looked up at her in her shorts and T-shirt, dressed for bed.

“Ello.” I grinned in my best British accent before thanking Jake and stumbling inside.

“Who was that boy?” Lily interrogated.

“Kitty's brother. Nighty night.” I waved, walking into my bedroom and falling onto my bed fully-clothed.
♠ ♠ ♠
Er, so I've already written a few chapters for this story and I've got a ton of new ideas bouncing around (:
Can't wait to hear what you guys think.
Comments/Subscribe?
♥