Status: Updating when I have the time.

I Have Loved, and I Have Lost

Chapter 5

I woke up on the couch, stretching as I sat up. My eyes were puffy and my head hurt from crying so much. I groaned as I padded over to the kitchen, making myself a mug of coffee.

“Oh, you're up.” Lily spoke almost nervously, shuffling into the room in a tiny silk night dress. Her hair sticking out in odd places.

“Good night?” I asked, handing her a mug full of coffee.

“Lils, where's m' shirt love?” A male voice called from her bedroom. My mouth fell open as she looked at me.

“It's uh.. oh it's 'ere.” She replied, picking up the black button down shirt that was led on the floor near the front door.

“Oh.. ello.” A tall, dark haired guy smiled awkwardly at me from the bedroom door. He was young, probably about the same age as Lily. His hair was a chocolate brown color, his eyes matching. He was in a pair of dark wash jeans and no shirt, revealing his toned torso. He was tanned and attractive to say the least.

“S, this is Adam. You met him the last time you visited me with your mom.” Lily said softly. I studied 'Adam' carefully, he did look familiar. I think I remember him being one of her close friends from uni or something. It was quite a while ago since we'd met.

“Er, Lil I gotta get to work love. I'll call yeh later. Nice meetin' yeh again, Silver.” Adam smiled politely, pulling the shirt Lily had just handed to him over his head before leaving the apartment.

“So.. you and Adam had fun then.” I smirked, hopping up onto a metal stool by the bench.

“Shut it, S. I really like 'im.” She sighed, reaching up into the cupboard for some aspirin.

“So, you're over James?” I questioned, sipping my coffee.

“I think so. Adam's the complete opposite from Jay. 'es sweet 'nd funny. Jus' nice t' be 'round, y'know?” I nodded, understandingly.

&&

I walked through the aisle, chucking whatever looked good into the cart. Lily had been too hungover to shop today so I'd offered, eager to escape the apartment. My eyes scanned the different selections of ice-cream as I tried to choose one. Mint chocolate chip, vanilla, strawberry, Napoleon.. etc. I scanned the different selections of Ben and Jerry's, seeing as they were my favorite.

“Ice-cream, aye?” A velvety smooth voice purred into my ear. I spun around abruptly to be faced with Oliver Scott Sykes. I let out an annoyed sigh before turning back to the ice-creams, grabbing cookie dough flavor and chucking it into the cart. I began walking off down the aisle before Oli grabbed my wrist gently bringing me to a halt.

“What?” I snapped, folding my arms across my chest in annoyance.

“Why are yeh so touchy, love? Only tryin' t' be your friend.” Oli winked. Ugh!

“Oli, leave the poor lass alone would yeh.” A tall guy with shaggy brown hair laughed lightly as he walked over to us.

“Do as your friend says Oli and we wont have a problem.” I turned around and walked into the next aisle, away from the two boys I'd left standing by the ice-cream.

“Why would we 'ave a problem, love? You're not very friendly are yeh?” Oli smirked, walking alongside me.

“Don't you have somewhere better to be?” I snapped, beginning to get angry that he was stalking me.

“Nope,” He grinned, popping the 'p'. “I work 'ere, love. I don't think they'd be 'appy if I jus' walked out.” He laughed lightly. It was now that I noticed the green apron hanging loosely from his neck, covering the front of his body.

“Great, now I'm gonna have to shop somewhere else.” I muttered under my breath, walking away from him.

“I 'eard tha', love.” He chuckled, catching up with me by using his long legs to his advantage. Would this guy ever give up!?

“Look, I don't know why you're practically stalking me but can you please just stop? It's doing my fucking nut in.” I told him straight, earning nothing more than his signature smirk that he seemed to wear all the time.

“Love, I'm the one tha' works 'ere. Yeh came 'ere, I can' exactly leave. So I guess yeh're the one stalkin' me.” He grinned. I groaned in frustration and stormed off down the aisle, only to be followed by Oli.

Once I'd finished my little shopping trip, Oli on my tail the entire time, attempting to make conversation but only getting ignored by me, I went back home, that was thankfully just around the corner from the store. I emptied out the bags and filled the cupboards, fridge and freezer with the food that I'd bought.

“Thanks S. I really appreciate yeh doin' tha' for me.” Lily smiled gratefully.

“No problem.” I replied, taking a chocolate chip muffin I'd bought and entering my bedroom.

“I've jus' got t' pop int' work to pick up somethin' Tom's droppin' off for me, yeh wanna come?” Lily asked, poking her head around the door. I nodded and followed her out to her car, relaxing in the passenger seat as she drove towards the studio.

“Tom, yeh 'ere love?” Lily called as we walked into the studio. It was huge, the walls painted white. Everything was white apart from all the different pictures hung up on the walls. It made them stand out. They all looked beautiful.

“'Ere Lils.” A guy a bit taller than me grinned, popping up from behind the desk.

“Alrigh' Tom, this is me niece, Silver. S, this is Thomas. He's been 'elping me out at gigs and stuff. Came 'ere on work experience 'an well, 'es got talent.” She smiled at Tom who beamed at me.

“Nice t' meet yeh, lass.” He smiled politely.

“You too.” I smiled back. He seemed nice, very welcoming and friendly. His eyes were a gorgeous baby blue, his face boyish and baby-like, his hair was a charcoal color making his skin look a little pale.

“S, yeh can look 'round if yeh like. I jus' gotta sort some things out with Tom.” I nodded slowly, walking over to a photograph that hung on the wall. It was black and white of a guy, I was guessing the lead singer of some sort of band, crouched down on the floor screaming into a microphone that he clutched tightly in his tattooed hand. His head was down so his long hair was shielding his face from the camera but he still looked pretty attractive. He was skinny, wearing a light t-shirt with some sort of drawing on it and dark skinny jeans. The lights behind him were shining towards the camera, casting a shadow in front of him.

“Yeh like it?” The same annoyingly perfect voice from the store asked into my ear. I jumped a mile feeling his hot breath tickle my neck.

“I thought I told you to leave me alone!” I sighed heavily.

“I can' resist yeh, love.” He smirked. “Nah, I 'ad t' walk pick Tom up on my way back from work. Didn' know Lily was your auntie.” I nodded slowly.

“Why'd you have to pick Tom up? You hanging around with kids younger than you now?” I snorted.

“Nah, 'es me younger brother. Duh.” He stated matter of factly.

“Oh..” I mumbled.

“So, d'yeh like the photo?” He asked, staring at me intently.

“Yeah, it's incredible. The lighting looks awesome.” I smiled at the photo.

“Glad yeh like it it, love.” Oli smirked.

“Why? Did you take it or something?” He shook his head.

“Nah, Tom took it. But tha's me.” He smiled, pointing to the guy screaming into the microphone.

“Really? Are you in a band or something?” He nodded, grinning. It was obviously something he was proud of.

“We're called Bring Me The Horizon. Yeh should come see us some time. I'm sure Jake'll bring yeh.” He winked.

“Why would you say that?” I asked, getting defensive.

“'Cause the two of yeh seem close, tha's all.” He laughed, walking over to Tom and Lily. I followed him, leaning on the desk with my elbows. I felt Oli slap my ass lightly as he walked behind me, winking when I shot him a glare. I was sure I'd kill him before we left school.

“S, yeh wanna go wait out in th' car? Yeh look bored love.” Lily asked, looking up from the collection of photo's Tom had handed to her.

“Sure.” I nodded, taking the keys from her.

I walked out of the studio and out into the parking lot, unlocking the car using the button on the keys.

“Can I at least 'ave your number?” Oli asked, hot on my tail.

“No.” I yelled over my shoulder, reaching the car.

“Why not?” He breathed onto my neck from behind me.

“Because.. I don't need a reason.” I growled as I turned around to face him.

“Why are yeh so against me?” He asked seriously.

“Because you seem like an arrogant ass hole.” I replied truthfully. He looked a little hurt as he stared back into my eyes.

“'m not, love.” He whispered, leaning his face closer to mine so that his hot breath tickled my skin. “I'll prove t' yeh tha' I'm not an arrogant ass 'ole.” He pressed his lips onto mine gently, moving his mouth against mine as I stood frozen in shock. He chuckled lightly before grazing his warm tongue against my bottom lip, as if asking for entry. I put my hands on his chest and pushed him away harshly, finally snapping back into reality.

“Oli, you fucking twat! I have a boyfriend!” I yelled, anger pulsing through my body.

A smirk appeared on his lips; “I should o' known, pretty bird like you.”

“I tell you I have a fucking boyfriend and all you can say is that!? Not even an apology.” I screamed.

“Why would I apologize for somethin' that deep down, yeh wanted t' 'appen.” He grinned back at me. I wanted to slap that grin off his stupid face but I saw Lily and Tom appear behind him as they walked out of the studio.

“Stay the fuck away from me, Oliver.” I growled, my voice low enough that Lily and Tom weren't able to hear. He only smirked back at me before him and Tom left. Me and Lily got into her car, me sighing and sinking into the passenger seat.

“So, yeh know Oli then.” Lily smirked as she pulled out of the parking lot.

“Unfortunately. I have to sit by the twat in Chemistry.” I sighed, earning a raised eyebrow from Lily.

“Yeh don' get on?”

“Ha! Hell no.”

“Oh, 'ow come? Oli's always seemed nice t' me. Sure, 'es 'ad 'is fair share o' girls an' gets 'round a bit, but 'es alrigh' once yeh get t' know 'im.” She smiled.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comments guys? Anyone?
♥