Status: Not Active as of now.

I Am...Somebody!

Image

Civil Rights
–plural noun
1. rights to personal liberty established by the 13th and 14th Amendments to the U.S. Constitution and certain Congressional acts, esp. as applied to an individual or a minority group.
2. the rights to full legal, social, and economic equality extended to blacks.


What if Martian Luther King Jr. was assasinated before he won all of us African American’s our Civil Rights? What if in 2009 the only jobs blacks were allowed to have were working in the felids or wine groves, or be a maid, or maybe a Lunch lady with crappy pay? What if we were forced to live in rikety homes or mold infested basements in apartment complex’s? And if it was forbidden to have a interracial love to exsit? What if two people felt that all those rules were wrong, and decided to change the game up by falling in love? What happens when their love is found out, and they are both shunned from their race’s? Can they handle the pressure?

"I am - Somebody. I may be poor, but I am - Somebody! I may be on welfare, but I am - Somebody! I may be uneducated, but I am - Somebody! I must be, I’m God’s child. I must be respected and protected. I am black and I am beautiful! I am - Somebody! Soul Power!" Jesse Jackson; Address to Operation Breadbasket rally, 1966.

Warning!: This story contains strong lauguage and durrogatory slurrs! Sexual Content! And Violence! Don’t like, don’t read!