Missing

Numb

I tried going back to sleep, but thoughts of that horrible dream kept coming back.

So, I awoke with a numb feeling.

I looked for the battery-operated clock I had packed to see what time it was.

I pulled it out of my suitcase, as a picture of my family fell out.

I picked up the picture, as the tears started coming back.

They always treated me like I was invisible. They are the second reason why I ran away...

I sniffed, suddenly realizing that I was crying. I threw the picture back into my suitcase, facedown, and grabbed the clock, setting it on the ground, next to the bed.

It read: 6:04

I yawned, wiped away a stray tear, and got up from the bed.

I walked into what would be the equivlent of a kitchen, in the little hut.

I looked out the window, and saw the sun rising from the east.

I smiled at the fire ball.

Returning to the room I had slept in, I changed my clothing, to a victorian-style dress, and cape.

I pulled the hood over my head, and went for a walk through the forest.

As I walked through the forest, my feeling of numbness lingered. It's always been hard for me to have any other emotion, besides that one.

Later through the forest, I heard water. Running water.

I walked towards the sound, and and came to a beatiful site.

A waterfall.

"Wow," I said.

I walked towards it, and sat down on the bank. I just emerged myself in its beauty, temporarly forgetting the reasons why I ran away.

In my wildest dreams, I never imagined something so beautiful, so pure.

I stood up, and walked to the waterfall.

I wanted to go behind it.

So, I did.

It was a wonderful.

"I've always wondered what was like behind a waterfall."