So What If I Never Hold You?

Prologue

The sun rose over Huntington Beach, California as I lay back in the sand. This was the spot I always went to the relieve my stress, and the last week we had at school was hectic for the preparations for our finals. Oh, and not to mention, I was pissed at my brother

Thinking I was alone, I let the cool breeze hit my face. Soon enough, I heard the engine of a '69 Chevy Cobalt pull into the parking area that the city had set up. "Hey, Bella," A voice came up beside me. Mr. Brain Elwin Haner Jr. My best friend since kindergarten, sat down next to me. "Hey Bri-Bri," I said using the nickname only I was allowed to use.

"What's wrong?" He asked. He knew the only reason I cam out here was when there was something wrong.

"Justin and I got into an argument," I said. "And what are you doing out here?"

"Justin told me that you left the house, and wouldn't tell me why,"

"Oh," safe to assume someone cared about me enough to come find me.

"Yeah," Brian hesitated as he thought of how he should word it, "What did you two argue about?"

I looked down. If I told him, he'd automatically think I needed help, but he'd find out eventually, "Justin thinks I'm suffering from depression, and is pissed off because I won't let him tell Mom."

"You know, if you are, you need to tell someone,"

"Honestly, Brian, I'm perfectly fine. I'm just really stressed right now, it will go away when school ends," Hearing that relieved him a lot. Too bad it was one of my many lies. I never wanted him to know my flaws, but with too many to hide, he knew most of them.

"You know if there is anything wrong I'm always here?"

"Yeah, I do," I lied again... I hid a lot from him, and from everybody.

"Ok. You want me to drive you home?"

"Yeah, but I just want to stay here a little bit," I said leaning my head against his shoulder. He put his arm around me. To tell him how much I loved him was the best thing I could've done, but only an idiot wouldn't know that.

Now if only she didn't fall faster each day