So What If I Never Hold You?

Chapter 10- Since When Does Fighting Have Good Con

Bella

I sat in my Shakespearean Literature class just hoping it would end. I just wanted to go to my next class so that I could see Brian. I hated sitting there just listening to Mrs. Broger talk about The Last Tempest. Yeah, we had started with Shakespear's last piece of literature which I had read the year before in English. I looked at the clock, and we only had five more minutes until class was over, so I tried to pay attention to pass the time.

"Ok kids, start getting your stuff ready," She said placing the book down, about a minute before the bell. "And Bella, can I speak to you after class?" she asked. The class looked at each other, and Jared looked at me. I thought they would've known by now, but I guess not. I would have to tell Jared at lunch with the rest of the guys and Valary.

"Yes, Ma'am," I said just as the bell rang. The class rushed out and I went to the teacher's desk.
"Mrs. Broger, I'm sincerely sorry for what I did this morning,"

"I know, but, I want to know how this started,"

"That's easy. I was sitting with my best friend since kindergarten, Brian Haner, and she came up to me and started talking trash. I retorted and when she wanted to 'talk' to me, I didn't want to talk. At that point I was standing up, and she accused me of sleeping with Brian. I said something and as I turned around, she pulled my hair so I proceeded to turn around and hit her in the nose... Why, did I break it?" The end of it was somewhat sarcastic, which made her laugh a bit.

"Well, I understand the reason for it... And you're off the hook," She said

"Really?" I asked

"Yep, here's a hall pass so you aren't counted late," She said handing me a piece of paper. I thanked her then went off to Statistics. I walked into the classroom to find Brian sitting in his usual seat and I sat next to him. We had migrated to the back of the room since the first day. Had we been in the computer lab, I think we would've been holding hands, since every time he'd reach for me the teacher would turn our way.

The time passed quickly and the class ended, so we headed off to the cafeteria. As we walked down the hall, Brian held my hand, which made me blush and smile. Once he saw me blush, he'd get his own smile. "How did Shakespearean Literature go since Mrs. Broger was the main eyewitness this morning?" He asked me before we went into the cafeteria

"Pretty good, I mean, it was just as boring as usual," I told him as we walked to our table. Jared was sitting there, and I said hi to him.

"Why did you get kept after class?" were the first words out of his mouth.

"She wanted to talk to me about the fight I got in this morning,"

"Wait! YOU got in a FIGHT?!?!" He asked stunned

"Yeah," I said as Brian and I sat down.

I think he noticed us holding hands, because soon he said, "So, the rumors are true! You two hooked up,"

I could see Valary smiled a bit, as did Matt. The rest of the guys had the look of "What The Fuck?!" on their faces.

"Kinda sorta," Brian said, "It's not official yet,"

"Hello!?!?! I'm here ya know?!" I said butting in

"I can't forget you, and I need to ask you something anyway," Brian said

"What?"I smiled. This was it

"Will you go to homecoming with me?"

The group smiled, and I blushed. "Yes," I said meekly. I felt my heart race just like it did when he told me he loved me.

"Thank you," He said just before he kissed me on the lips. I think that had we not been at school or around the group, I think it would've lasted longer.

And Finally she can rise above her fears