So What If I Never Hold You?

Chapter 15: Maybe brothers are a good thing after

Justin

After a night of partying after the usual football game, I hade waken up at 11:00 in the morning, which was insanely early, but after trying to sleep for like a half an hour, I got up and walked down the hallway. As I passed Belle's room, I heard the snoring of someone that wasn't her. I didn't remember hearing about her having anyone over, and after hearing rumors about what happened to her last night, I was investigating. In a fury, I slammed open the door, only to see her and Brian, both fully clothed lying in her bed. Her head was on his chest as she slept peacefully with a smile on her face as if she knew that she was okay. I was guessing Mom had heard this, because she came running upstairs. "Everything okay?" She asked right before stepping into the doorway to see the two. It wasn't something that we didn't see all the time, and with the fact that they were only dissheveled by sleep, and still fully clothed each time, we knew that nothing happened.

"Yeah, everything's fine," I said just as Bella woke up.

She blinked her eyes trying to keep the light out of her eyes. "What's going on, and why are you in my room," She mumbled in her still sleep soaked voice as she sat up.

"Nothing, I just heard snoring that wasn't yours and I wanted to make sure you were alright," I said, hinting back to the rumors I had heard. I was indicating we were to discuss the validity of the rumors later.

"Okay, well, I'm going back to sleep, I didn't fall asleep till 5 a.m." She replied.

"Why were you up so late?" Mom asked her.

I could see the wheels turing as she attempted to make up a lie.

"Oh, they were talking all night long about some issues that she needed to get off her chest, before she could even fall asleep," I butt in for her. I saw Bella smile in a groggy thank you and lie back down, only this time curling up next to Brian. Mom just shrugged and went downstairs. When she was gone, Brian opened an eye.

"Hey, Justin," He said. He'd been awake for a while, and I guessed he was pretending to sleep.

"So I'm guessing you heard what happened last night?" I asked him, knowing this only happened when something bad happened to Bella.

He nodded, and look over at my twin sister who was sleeping already. His face was solemn. He began to stroke the side of her face and move some strands of hair behind her ear. "Justin, if I see Henry again, Bella's not getting her own chance at revenge," He stated in an almost preoccuppied voice.

"You're not the only one feeling that way. I heard the Jimmy, Matt, and Zacky pretty much left him in a back ally for dead last night," I replied. I assumed the rumors were now true. "We can't let this get out to anyone, Faith will terrorize her and never let her forget it if she knew," I said.

"If that bitch finds out, I'm sure Bella will have her ass," Brian replied. Then Bella stirred.

"Do you think you two can be quiet? Girl needs sleep here," She said.

"I'm going out to talk to Justin, alright?" He asked her.

"Okay, just don't be too long," She said as if she needed him there, which she did since her sense of security was none without him there

"Dude, no. You stay here. She needs you more than I need to talk to you," I said.

"You sure?"

"I'm sure," I said and just walked downstairs after closing the door. This was one thing that I couldn't keep from Mom. Yeah, I chose not to say anything to Mom about the depression thing the year before, but rape was a bit more important than that.

"Hey Mom, when Bella gets, I think we need a family discussion. And I think Brian needs to stay over here a while," I informed her.

"She is okay, right? Last night when she got home, she was distraught over something," Mom asked me.

"I think she'll be fine, but I think if she doesn't tell you, something bad will happen.