So What If I Never Hold You?

Chapter 16: Mom's Always There

Bella
I was guessing it was about an hour later when I finally woke up. I had fallen back off to sleep once Justin had left. My head was still resting on Brian's chest, and he was playing with my dark hair as he had been waiting for me to wake up. "Wake up sunshine," He smiled sweetly.

"I am awake. I'm just tired," I replied. I was guessing that going through trauma like the night before made one tired. Plus, staying up until 5 a.m. talking about it didn't help. "I need to get up, Mom's probably worried about the last thing Justin added in," She said referring to his lie.

"Alright... Do you want me to come with you?" Brian asked me, unsure if he should or not.

"Yeah," I said, and the two of us walked downstairs hand in hand.

Once we got to the kitchen, Mom looked at me at first worried, then she saw my hand in Brian's and gave a confused look. She quickly pushed it away, as she then motioned for him and I to sit down at the kitchen table with her. "Justin, told me that there's something wrong," She stated simply.

I took a deep breath and closed my eyes. I didn't want to tell her. "What did he say exactly?" I asked her seriously.

"He didn't say too much," She paused, "Bella, hunny. If you're pregnant..."

"MOTHER!" I interupted her, "I'M NOT PREGNANT!" I exclaimed. Childbirth was one of the things I was most afraid of. I didn't want to carry a child.

"Ok, well now that the worst is settled, what's going on, Bella?" She asked me.

"It's nice to see that that is the worst," I sighed. "Mom, I was raped last night," I said, "Well, it wasn't technically rape, or at least I don't know if it was or not... I blacked out on a lot of what did happen," I added.

"Oh my goodness, Bella. Are you okay?" she asked the same question everyone else did.

"Physically yes, mentally no," I said.

"I'm going to kill whatever bas-"

"Mom, no. Matt, Zacky, and Jimmy have already beaten him," I interupted again remembering the bruised eye and cut cheek of Zacky's face. "Mom, I don't know if I'm mentally ready to go out much this weekend," I said. This was the weekend her and I were supposed to go find my Homecoming dress. I didn't want the chance of possibly being out when he could be out somewhere.

"That's fine, hun," She said. "You know, I can get the doctor to refer you to a psycologist if you need it," She added.

"I know Mom, I know," I said.

After that, Mom and I just talked about the usual, and I officially told her that Brian and I were together, just to clear up the fact of why we were holding hands. Eventually, Brian went home, and Justin, Mom, and I just spent the rest of the day as our family.