So What If I Never Hold You?

Chapter 17- Shopping With Mom

The week had pretty much gone over like usual. Monday we had choir practice, Tuesday I hung out with Brian. And now, Wednesday morning rolled around and I was following the usual midweek morning tradition of rolling out of bed tiredly and praying that Saturday came quickly. After rolling out of bed, I went to take a quick shower, brushed my teeth, straightened my hair, and dressed in my usual blue jeans, and a band t-shirt. I pulled my hair into a ponytail, and decided against make up. I walked downstairs to get breakfast, and once I was done, Brian's usual knock was rapped out on the door. "Coming!" I said, putting the bowl into the sink then walking to the front door. "Morning Bri-Bri," I smiled before he gave me a quick peck on the lips.

"Ready to go?" He asked me.

"Yep, just let me grab my bag," I said turning back to get my back-pack and a purse. Then, out the door we went and off we were to school.

Morning and the rest of school was usual until Economics which was right after lunch. I was sitting with Brian, Val, and Matt in our usual group formation as we discussed our project. Then Couch Ellings came up to us. "Bella, take your stuff, your leaving," He said. I was shocked that I was getting out of class early, but I told the group I'd see them later, and gave Brian a quick hug. He'd be over to the house after football practice anyway. I walked down the hall, and getting to the office, I saw Mom. She smiled as she saw me come up, and I came into the doorway.

"Hi, Bells," She smiled.

"Hi," I replied before her and I left the building. After getting into her car, I asked her, "What's the occasion?"

"We're going to go find you a Homecoming dress," She said, knowing that if anything would make me happy, it'd be a night spent with my friends, music, and an after party.

"Sweet!" I exclaimed as she drove us to the mall. It didn't take long, and as Mom drove, her and I were singing along with our favorite country songs as they came on the radio. She came to only a few stop lights, and it took a short while before we were outside of the store that she wanted to check first. She pulled into a parking spot near the store and cut the engine. She got out of the car and once I was out, she locked it. The two of us then made our way into the store.

When we walked in through the glass doors, I was astounded. This hadn't be a story we had checked out the year before, and it had some absolutely gorgeous dresses on the manikins. As we stood there, with me taking in everything, a lady walked up to us. She had short blonde hair and looked like one of the snooty women that worked at places just like this and had the better-than-thou attitude. “Hello, my name is Brianna, is there anything thing I can help you with?” She asked politely in a quiet but pretty voice.

“Yes, my daughter's looking for a homecoming dress, this is her senior year and I would like her to make sure she has a classy look this year,” My mother smiled.

“That sounds splendid, what type of dress are you thinking of?” She said, then turned to me with the question.

“I was thinking of something flowy, simple, but still with class. And if possible, I would like purple,” I said explaining what I wanted.

Hours later I had found the perfect homecoming dress with accessories. I knew that Homecoming was going to be kick ass this year.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm sorry that a quite a bit of my chapters are short and that I haven't kept up with this stuff very well. It's been a hectic summer so far and I've had very little inspiration.