So What If I Never Hold You?

Chapter 20- Now I Remember Why I Hate Hospitals

Bella's P.O.V.

I sat up on the side of the hospital bed holding my stomach with one arm with the other hand woven between the fingers of Brian. He was solemn now. At first when we got into the car he was pissed at the world for what had happened to me, and now he couldn't believe that I was actually sitting in a hospital. I was surprised, too... It was the same hospital my Grandfather died in when I was 6-years-old, so not only had the fact that every part of me hurt, I was now mentally plagued by the memories of that. It was horrible, everything was horrible. And now Brain was dragged even deeper into my Hell. Thinking that, the tears started again.

I was saw Brian's eyes meet mine after a tear hit his arm. He gave me the most solemn smile and reached towards my face to wipe away the tears. He didn't say anything... I didn't either. There was just too much floating in the air to say anything. At least not about that. Once he wiped away a few tears, he but his arm down on top of mine. He touched my hand so delicately that there was almost no need for his hand to be there except for the fact that I felt like he was all I could hold on to at that point.

The doctor walked in. "I have the results for the x-ray," He announced as he walked into the room. Without skipping a beat he placed them on the light box and flipped on the switch for us to see. The only thing I could tell was that it was of a rib cage. "Everything seams to be fine structurally, but the bruises that I saw may last for a while," He added. His name was Dr. Benson.

"kinda figured that one," I commented out loud, even though I meant to keep it too my self. He too then looked solemn. "What about the blood work results, do you have those back yet?" I asked impatiently. I knew what they would find, and I just wanted a confirmation that the while thing was true.

He shook his head. "Those could take up to 24-hours to return," He replied. I just nodded. "Now, I'm going to recommend that you stay here over night, since most of what I've received of the information seems you've had a rather traumatic day, but it's ultimately up to you and your mother what you want to do," again I nodded. My mom hadn't got there just yet. Once we got there Brian left to call my mom and his parents, but my mom was working the late shift at her job, which was about an hour away without traffic, but once she got the call, the girls told her to go make sure I was OK. They all had kids, so they understood. Mr. and Mrs. Haner were right outside in the hallway along with, according to Brian, Val, Matt, Zack, Johnny, Jimmy, Cayla, and just about everyone that had seen... Well the majority of them were in the waiting room, not the Hallway, but close enough.

Dr. Benson told us that he'd be prescribing a pain medication, but Brian asked him to talk alone, so for a short time he was gone, sending in Matt to make sure that if I did go all psychotic someone was there to stop me.

Brian's P.O.V.

I had walked out into the hallway with the doctor and sent Matt in. I had to tell Dr. Benson what I knew about her since the night her and I were at the beach over a year ago. To keep confidentiality, we walked into the next room over, which was empty. "All right, son, what is it you need to tell me?" He asked, almost as if he new what I would say.

"Dr. Benson, about two weeks ago Bella, um... I don't exactly know how to say this, but she did a drug, completely knowing what it was, but I think when she was under the influence, she had sex. I also believe, that she was very adamant about saying no," I explained. He nodded, as if he knew I had more. "Well, I think that she might have figured out that she was pregnant, because when I found her she told me "They killed it," referring to the girls that beat the crap out of her and locked her in the closet," I added. He nodded.

"The blood test we ran is a CBC, if there are any hormones in the bloodstream to indicate pregnancy or a miscarridge, we will know," He replied. I thanked him and went back into the room with Matt and Bella.

Bella
When Brian came back in, Matt left the room. "Hey," He said. I just gave a slight smile. Even when both of us were upset, he could make me feel even just the tiniest bit ever. But then he drew in a breath to speak. "When you came over to talk to me when I wasn't at home, you were going to tell me that you were pregnant weren't you?" He asked. I was shocked he'd even ask that, but I nodded. I didn't want to talk about it. I guess he sensed that, because he dropped the subject. Then, for some reason my thoughts travelled to the hospital gown I had to wear. God with was so horrible, and I felt so embarassed to wear that around him, but he didn't care. And, that was the least of my worries. Besides, I was using the hospital blanket to cover up my legs from view. I hoped that if I had to spend the night here that Mom would have brought me a comforter from home. The hospital was too damn cold for that thin blanket.

"God, it's so cold in here," I finally voiced. My voice cracked a bit. My throat was dry to where it was hard to talk. I saw him sigh. He didn't have a jacket.

"You want me to go get you something that you can stay warm?" He asked. I shook my head.

"No, I want you to stay with me," I replied, before he sat down on the bed next to me. He wrapped his arms around me, cradling me against him. I rested my head on his chest. I once again felt my false sense of security of when I was with him.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm soo sorry I haven't updated. I moved away, and started school, so things have been hectic. Anyway, I hope you liked it! Please keep reading! I love getting comments and stuff from you guys.