So What If I Never Hold You?

Chapter 21- The Somewhat Fortunate Truth

Bella's P.O.V.
It couldn't just take an hour to get the results back. It had to take all fucking night. And I was almost too tired to care when they did comeback. I was still cradled in Brian's arms, but I was falling asleep fast, and I knew if I did, I wouldn't get the results until morning. So I was trying to find ways to keep myself up without thinking about the incidents from before. But nothing could ever go my way, and I had eventually fallen asleep. Or I did for a little while anyway because Matt came in the door. "Hey, guys the doctor is coming down the hall way," He said. I knew he was making sure we all knew the results before morning.

"Thanks Mattie!" I smiled calling him one of my nicknames as I was groggily waking up from my nap. Before too long I looked at the clock on the wall. It was nearly midnight. And soon I'd have to be here alone. I didn't want Brian to have to stay here all night, and my mom was sitting outside in the hallway to give me and Brian some alone time. "Is everyone still out there?" I asked him. He nodded, but didn't answer as the doctor came in at that moment.

"How are you doing?" He asked as he came in the room.

"How else could a girl feel after getting the crap beat out of her," I asked. I didn't think I'd be that much of a cynic at that point of sleep loss, but today was horrific.

"Well then... You're results from the blood test came in," He looked at Brian then at Matt as if he needed to leave.

"They're staying, Matt, can you go get Mom?" I asked. He left the room and came back in with her, shutting the door behind them.

The doctor sighed as he proceeded with the information. "Miranda, I know that you had thought you were, but you weren't pregnant," A wave of relief went over me as I then learned that I never had a baby for that bitch to kill. "Other than your injuries, there is a clean bill of health,"

"So I can go home?" I asked. I didn't want to be here.

"Actually we're keeping you under a 24 hour watch to make sure that the pain meds that we've given you are effective and don't cause any side effects. You'll be able leave tomorrow," The doctor said sympathetically. He then began to walk out. "Visiting hours ended at ten, so only your immediate family can stay," He said before walking out.

I saw my mom nod at the boys. Matt left the room. But my mom and Brian stood there. "Go on home Brian, I don't need you loosing sleep because of this," I said.

"I'm not leaving you lil sis, you need me," He smiled as I knew he was playing the trick of being my brother.

"Well I'll let you watch her, Brian. If anything happens, you call me," She said before kissing me on the forehead. "Be nice to your brother," Mom said as her and the doctor left.

Once they were gone, I looked over at Brian who was making himself a bed out of the reclinging chair between the bed and the wall. "You really don't have to stay," I told him.

"A few hours ago you didn't want me to leave, so I'm not leaving. Besides, what good boyfriend would leave his girlfriend?" He asked.

"Okay. I would miss you too much if you left anyway"

Even in her moment of darkness, he's there to be her guiding light
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry I haven't written in so long. I haven't had a very easy time writing lately. Forgive the shortness. I hope to make the future chapters longer, I just thought that the test results should have been revealed soon.