So What If I Never Hold You?

Chapter 2- First Day of Senior Year part 2

I took out the folder for my Shakespearian Literature class and placed it on the desk. This was the only class I didn't have with Brian, so, in all honesty, I was pretty happy with the class. Also making it awesome was the fact that I got along with everyone in the class, just the guys weren't there.

"Hey Bella!" I heard the voice of one in a group of guys from the football team that came up to my desk.

"Hey guys!" I greeted them. I had started to hang out with them because of Brian, but they pretty much took me in as one of their friends.

"How was your summer" Jared asked me. He was sitting to my left.

"It was pretty fun, what about yours?" I answered/asked

"It was ok, if camp would've lasted longer, is would have been better," He was referring to "Spirit Camp" we all went to because it was school sponsored and free.

"Yeah, Spirit Camp was awesome," I said. One of the guys began marching as if he was on the drum-line. “You’re such a dork, Stephen!” I added as I laughed at him.

The teacher Mrs. Broger, came in and quieted the class. "Hello students," She smiled hanging out the syllabus. "I would like to get to know you kids, so I want you to stand in a circle. When I come to you, tell me your name and say something about yourself."
Glad that it was easy, we rushed to form a circle. "Ok, I would like you to start," She pointed to Jared who was across the circle from me.

"I'm Jared, and I've been in football since 6th grade," She then went to the next person.

"I'm Holly, and I'm a cheerleader,"

"I'm Austin, and I play baseball," And they continued on through the athletic kids.

Then it came to me. "I'm Miranda, call me Belle or Bella, and I'm in choir," I was the only one willing to admit choir out of the whole class.

We continued on like that until the bell rang on hour later. I got up and started walking towards my statistics class, ready to sit next to Brian for the next hour and a half. Brian just happened to be there early since the room was near the gym. He had just come from athletics, which they already started doing warm-ups in, But, despite the fact that he had just been sweating, he smelled good due to a shower and Axe body spray, which I couldn't resist. "Brian!" I said happily sliding into the seat next to him.

"Bella!" He smiled leaning over to hug me. "How was that Shakespear thing?" He asked.

Reluctantly, the hug was broken. "fun, Jared's in the class with me. How was athletics?"

"It was cool,"

"Maybe school will be cool this year!"

"Just maybe,"

Just three little words would ease her pain