So What If I Never Hold You?

Chapter 3- First Day Of Senior Year, Enter Choir!

Brian;

By 4th period, the whole group of us were sitting in choir. It was the varsity mixed choir which was made up of mostly Juniors and Seniors Miranda was a soprano and was section leader. Matt's girlfriend, Valary, was the section leader of the altos, and Matt and I were section leaders of the tenors. Bass was pretty much dominated by the musically talented football players that I hung out with everyday for practices.

Anyway Miranda and Valary were singing a two-part harmony for Don’t Cry by Guns N’ Roses. The girls were amazing, and the class just watched in silence. Even the director was listening to them. When the girls were finished, the class applauded.
"Brava!" Matt and I cheered standing up.

"Oh shut up guys!" Miranda blushed as she walked back on to the risers and sat down. Valary took her seat as the teacher came out of his office. He had the look on his face as if he knew what roles that both of them would play for the next musical

“Miranda, Valary, may I speak with you two in my office?” He asked the girls who then followed him into the office.

Miranda;

Mr. Barret called Valary and me into his office, and we went inside.

"Yes sir?" Valary and I said in unison.

"Well, I know you're in Musical Theatre, Miranda, but has Valary thought about joining?"

"Actually sir, I auditioned for it in May, and you told me I was in," Valary replied

"Oh well, that's all. You can go back now,"

"Ok" We replied, wondering why he asked us that, and walked out into the choir room.

"What was that about?" Brian asked.

"He just wanted to know if Valary was in Musical Theater," I answered him.
Everyone was strung about the room now, and the group of Johnny(one of two Freshman in the class), Brian, Valary, Matt, Zacky, and I had made our way to the corner behind the risers. The only person missing was Jimmy, and that was his fault for getting expelled.

"Cool" Brian said as we looked up to see Valary putting on eyeliner in out of the mirrors along the wall. The room used to be the dance room, which explained the point of the wall ofmirrors.
Once again I sat next to Brian with his arm around me and my head on his shoulder. If kids didn't know us, they're think him and I were together. Why should he date me? I asked myself. He could have gotten any girl he chose. Most of the girls didn't stay with him for more than a week. Mainly because he'd dump them after he lost interest. He always said he wanted a smart girl, and when he'd say that, in the back of my mind, I'd imagine me saying, "Pick me! I'm smart! I make straight A's!" Unfortunately, it didn't work that way... Not to mention I felt completely and utterly pathetic.

"Bell-a!" Brian wave his hand in my face to get my attention,

I looked at him despondently, "Yeah?"

"I asked you if you would need a ride to choir practice next week,"

"That would be great," I said even though I had my own car. It was more time to be with him.

"Ok then, I'll hang out at your house after school,"

"You do that anyway," I laughed.

"True,"

Soon enough the last bell of the day rang, and we all went home just hoping that the rest of school would be just as good.

She's losin ' too many chances.