So What If I Never Hold You?

Chapter 4- As The Awkwardness Follows

"BRIAN!! STOP IT!!" I laughed as he tickled me. It only made him tickle me longer. I was going to scream, but with my voice and lung capacity, I would have either A) broke his ear drums, of B) got the cops called on us. I guess he noticed when I started having trouble breathing, because when he stopped I started coughing.

"I'm sorry," he said to me

"It's fine, I have a brother you know," I forgave him. When I quit coughing, I got up and got a glass of water. "Hey we should get going," I said looking at the clock. We had 15 minutes to get to school for choir practice. Practice was on Mondays at 5 p.m. and it was hard to believe school had only started th Thursday before.

"Ok," I heard him get off the couch, and the two of us walked to his car.
As he turned on the car, I started to mess with the radio. “I Don’t Wanna Miss a Thing” by Aerosmith came on, and I was singing along. The next song was “Tearin’ Up My Heart” by N’ Sync and the both of us sang with it. Or course I sang it like I liked it, because I did, and he mocked every bar of the song.
By the time the song was over, Brian and I were in the student parking lot. "Let's go!' I said getting out of the car before him. Then the two of us walked towards the choir room. As everyone in their seats, Mr. Barret came in along with Ms. Locke(the Pianist). Ms. Locke sat at the piano, and we started doing warm ups.

Soon enough, we got a piece a sheet music for sight reading, then afterwards, we started singing our Latin piece for concert. A lot of what we sang was religious, since quite a few of us were hardcore Christian.

Once we finished the piece, Mr. Barret told us we could leave, so we all went outside. I stood next to Brian's car, as the group and I were talking. Brian then came up behind me hugging me, which he did all the time

"So when are you two going to hook up?" Matt asked us quite bluntly before Valary elbowed him in the stomach

The comment struck a nerve with me, like Brian would ask me out. I wasn't worth him.

"I'll talk about it later, Matt," Brian said which made me look up at him. Did he really intend on asking me out? "Well we're going home," Brian said, relieving the awkwardness.
I said bye to everyone, and got in the car. It was going to be a long drive home.

Just an implication can change her mind