So What If I Never Hold You?

Chapter 5- Solos, Duets, and Broadway Oh My!

I woke up the next day to the sound of my brother blaring Disturbed on his stereo."Turn it down Justin!" I yelled as I got off my bed. With him only turning it up louder, I just blew it off and got ready for school. I put on a pair of dark wash skinny jeans, a black shirt with white letters that said "Make Love Not War," and a pair of red plaid flats. I went to the bathroom to brush my teeth and hair, then went back to my bedroom. I put on my make up in the normal fashion. Thick black eyeliner, and mascara. I grabbed my Element jacket, and my messenger bag.

As I came out of my room, I noticed Justin's door open, and he was still laying on his bed. "Get up you lousy idiot," I joked as I kicked his door the rest of the way open.

"No! I'm not going to school!" He argued as he covered his head with his pillow.

"Why?"

"I have strep!" He said.

"Ok fine," I walked out of the room just as the doorbell rang in the particular Brian fashion and I went downstairs to open the door.

"Bella!" He said hugging me once the door opened.

"Morning Bri-Bri," I hugged him back Don't let me go, let's just stay like...

"Hey we should go, it's my turn to drive for car pool," He said letting me go.

"Oh, right," I said faking that damned smile again as him and I walked to his car. I loved his car, and every time I saw it, I thought of the last school year when him and I sat on the beach that one night. I'd give anything to go back to the "Maybe I still had a chance" moment. We got into the car and headed off towards school.

School was pretty boring except Musical Theater, which I had with our whole group involved. The group of us walked into the choir room, and took our seats that we had for Chorale.
Mr Barret walked in as the bell rang and started to say "Ok kids, I thought out what you are going to sing for Afternoon of Broadway,"

There was a dull roar in the class of how awesome this was to be."I'm going to start with solo pieces," He said as he took out the list, He started naming off everyone in alphabetical order by last names. "Zachary Baker, 'If I Were a Rich Man' from Fiddler On the Roof" Mr. Barret went on as I contained my laughter for the song."Brian Haner, 'Music of the Night' from Phantom of the Opera, and Miranda will be on stage with you as Christine." Not even to duets and we're already together... well, at least I get to wear a rad dress

Brian;

Wait? Bella? With me? How could this happen? It's the best thing that could happen, but how?!?! I thought as I sat in my seat. I looked at her and she was hidden between a blush and a glow. Is it from the fact she's going to be on stage with me? I asked myself as he went on finally getting to Bella."Miranda Parker, 'Magic' from Xanadu" He said. I could see her smile trying to hold back a laugh. She knew the musical all to well, and it was one of her favorites. I remembered that from when we were kids sitting in her living room watching movies. She'd always pretend she was Olivia Newton-John as she danced and sang along with it.

Anyway, Mr. Barret went on to Matt . "Matt Sanders, 'Luck Be A Lady' from Guys and Dolls." Once again, Bella tried to contain her laughter. She had been in the all school production of Guys and Dolls our freshman year. As had Matt, Jimmy, Zacky, and I. I was somewhat of a major part(I played Harry the Horse), and she had been almost completely minor, but her and I walked in arm-in-arm during all showings. To this day, I remember the indigo colored dress she wore and the pigtails that they had made her wear. She hated them to death, but I thought she looked cute in them, not that it mattered. She was beautiful all the time.

"Jonathan Seward, 'Grease Lightnin'' from Grease,"

"Valary DiBenedetto, 'Bushel and a Peck' from Guys and Dolls," I looked over at Bella, who almost made a squeaking noise. Yet another song she knew by heart. She was always the girl that watched the musicals, and she was the reason we were all in Musical Theatre.

Bella;

Once again, there was a dull roar from the kids all discussing their solo pieces. I turned to Brian, who was sitting next to me. "Oh my God Brian! Can you believe I got a part from Xanadu!?!"

"Amazing isn't it," Brian replied before Mr. Barret hushed us again

"Okay, on to the duets, Zacky and Becka will be singing 'Sue Me' from Guys and Dolls."
(Sorry guys, I'm in a Guys and Dolls mood right now) "Matt and Valary will be singing 'Light My Candle' from Rent. Jonathan and Roxanne will be singing Twin Soliloquies from South Pacific," I looked over at Roxanne. I knew she liked Johnny, so it was no wonder as too why she blushed. I then looked over at Johnny mouth the word yes. Mr. Barret went on with the other 7 duets with Zacky and Cayla getting paired up in the class until he came to Brian and I.

"Brian and Miranda will be singing 'The Point of No Return' from Phantom of the Opera

Brian;

At the mention of our solo piece, Bella's eyes lit up to no end. She was always obsessed with Phantom of the Opera. It was her all time favorite musical, and 'The Point of No Return' was her favorite song from it. She was almost glowing over what we were was singing, which in turn made me smile at her. She was so beautiful, and I couldn't have her. Out of the whole school, she was the girl I wanted. My best friend since kindergarten, and the girl that could make me happier than anything else in the world.

"Brian, can you believe that we're singing together? I mean, it's amazing!" She smiled so brilliantly.

"It's amazing, Belle,"

"I know! I'm so happy!"

"I can tell, you know, we're gonna have to practice a lot with this to get it right,"

"It's worth it!" She smiled.

Soon enough the bell had rang, and Bella and I went out to the parking lot after we said goodbye to everyone. We had gotten into my car and then drove to my house.
Maybe Change Will Come Soon