Status: Slowly in progress, again.

Stupid

Luck Loves Me Not Tonight.

My light hair fell onto the pillow on my side of the bed, as my head lulled on the boy’s pale chest. His arm was wrapped beneath my neck, extending to play with the tips of my hair. Choosing not to ruin the moment, I kept my mouth close, snuggling further into his chest. Besides, I can always pretend he’s doing this cause he loves me, and not simply because he likes to cuddle after a good fuck. But even the partial good things come to an end, because his stupid phone started ringing that stupid ring tone which can only mean his stupid girlfriend is calling.

“I need to take this, babe,” he murmured, pulling his arm away from me, leaning over the bed to grab his phone.

“Yeah, yeah, whatever,” I all but growled.

I want to know just how Jessa would feel if she knew Jack’s best friend fucked him everyday after school when all he told her was he had chores to do. I bet you she would use her stupid pretty hand to smack Jack’s stupid pretty face, and then pull my hair, Lord only knows how well that girl can fight.

“Hey Jessa,” you could hear the smirk in Jack’s voice, I rolled my eyes using a sheet to cover my body as I got up to change. I heard Jack whine, so I turned around to see him looking right at me, obviously, wanting a peep show…yeah, not going to happen.

“Oh, nothing babe, I was clearing my throat,” Jack sighed, stupid bitch probably bought it too.

I got dressed, hiding myself from Jack, rolling my eyes as he talked to her, doing all he could to stop her pretty little mind of thinking he’s cheating on her. For a smart girl, she’s fucking daft, they’ve been together for at least a year now, and he’s probably slept with half the female population in Maryland, and a fourth up and down the east coast from the tour they did a month earlier on Spring Break.

As I finished tying my shoe, I got up to walk out of the room. “I gotta -”


“-Go babe, you know I do!” Jack smiled at his girlfriend, Jessa, I sighed as I watched the twit whine about nothing important. “It’s my job, to rock the socks off those people’s feet.”

“I know, but it’s just…I’m gonna miss you,” she smiled up at him, kissing the corner of his mouth.

I rolled my eyes at the simple display of affection, Jessa was one of the smartest girls to ever step foot into our high school, she came out second top in our class, just barely losing first to some overweight fellow who would rather play video games by himself than with others, and do homework than party. Anyway, she was definitely the smartest girl in this whole group, next to Kara of course, but she couldn’t tell that her own boyfriend was cheating on her, and had been for the last four years. I almost felt bad for her, but then you’ve got to remember, I’m in love with the guy, which is just as much stupid on my part as being with him is stupid on her part.

I watched Jack roll his eyes slightly as the dumb girl, before returning the kiss she had given him. “I know baby, and I’ll miss you just as much,” I couldn’t help but snort slightly, causing Lisa and Alex to look over at me, I just shrugged as they went back to talking about Lisa’s new boyfriend.

“Why’d you snort, girly?” Kara laughed, knowing the reason why, as we watched the couple from across the table the night before we left for tour.

“Sure, he’ll miss her as some slut is sucking him off, or fucking him in his bunk, or while he’s playing his little heart out on stage, he’ll miss her a lot,” I rolled my eyes, and then crossing them slightly, making Kara laugh at me.

We continued to pick apart Jack and Jessa’s relationship, mostly because we both knew how I felt for him, so we picked every flaw out we could that could convince us that the relationship would end soon, sadly, she was too stupid and he was fairly smart when it came to Jack’s lack of commitment, we both knew it would never happen; them breaking up.

“Did you hear me?” Lisa’s voice broke out amongst the clutter of the table we were sitting at in the crowded restaurant.

“No,” I said bluntly, a thing that made some of friends angry at me from time to time. “We weren’t really listening.”

Lisa nodded, understanding. “Well, I was saying that Eric would totally love to meet you guys, so you should come and kick it with us when you’re down with your tour,” she smiled.

“Of course!” Kara and I laughed, we had heard so much about her new fling, but never met him.

And I know right now you’re all probably ‘what the fuck?’ with some confused expression on your face. Alex and Lisa broke up about a year ago, and not because of Alex’s very open player status, it was simply because they realized the love they had for each other was more platonic than it was romantic. It was sad to see them break up, but it was certainly for the better, Lisa wouldn’t have to deal with Alex’s constant cheating that went unspoken or Lisa’s deadly shopping addiction fueled through Alex’s money. Now, they shopped together, completely at Alex’s expense, and talked about Alex’s conquers and Lisa’s boyfriend. It was rather cute, to be honest, almost like watching a long lost brother and sister get back together and making up for the years they missed together.

Something funny that happened about six months after the relationship ended though, was Alex slowly stopped sleeping with random girls and blood thirsty groupies, he almost quit cold turkey, but from time to time you could hear a slight bump come from a bunk, or a reddish mark on his collarbone, but it wasn’t like it used to be.

“So what are you guys going to get?” Jessa asked, from across the table to the rest of the girls; Kara, Lisa, and myself.

“Smokehouse Crab Cake, definitely,” Lisa spoke first, looking down at her hair and pulling on her split ends.

“I‘m going to have a salad, I’ve got a shoot tomorrow,” Kara mumbled, looking over the menu again.

“What about you Josey?” I closed my eyes and rolled my eyes beneath my eyelids.

“Oh, I ate before I came,” I smiled at Jessa.

“Why?” Jessa snapped, quite rudely, to which I saw Jack tap his fingers against her thigh roughly.

“Because, I am a vegetarian that doesn’t believe in eating seafood, and one can get tired of salad. So, I’m going to share a bottle or two of red with Alex and Lisa,” I smiled, again, at Jessa, I don’t want to make tonight completely awkward.

She tried to hide the eye roll that came upon her face, which resulted in another rough tap from Jack. “Whatever,” she never really took a liking to me, because she believes boys and girls can’t be best friends, she was so pissed when she found out that I was Jack’s best friend.

I ignored her the best I could, turning to Kara. “So when are you joining the tour?”

“In a week in a half, so Lisa isn’t all the lonely, cause Alexandra and Samantha went to go visit the college campus for a week, and Lisa finds it awkward to go on tour,” which was a known fact after the break up.

“But why? She knows she can sleep in my bunk, so we can get down and dirty,” I wiggled my eyebrows at Lisa and winked, which caused her to choke on her drink a little.

“I know, but I don’t want the boys getting jealous to know I’m getting a hot piece of ass while all they get is loose groupie meat,” Lisa went along with it, everyone there had a smile on there face and was laughing along, except for Jessa, who really only seems to get along with Jack and everyone but me every once in a blue moon.

“Oh please, we know the only one that would be jealous is Kara,” I huffed, playfully glaring at Kara. “Thanks for ruining my fun,” I deepened my playful glare.

“Well, I can’t let you have Lisa all to yourself! Besides, we all know she loves me more and is just using you to get closer to me,” Kara glared right back at me, a smile threatening to break through on her face.

I gasped in fake shock, dramatically turning to Lisa. “Is this true, Lisa? Are you just using me for your own sick enjoyment?”

Lisa looked up at me, making her large blue eyes just that much larger, she threw her head in the other direction, pulling her left hand over her chest. “Please don’t hate me, but I am in love with Kara,” she whispered, through a giggle.

Before Kara could say anything, Rian spoke, “You guys are freaks, the waiter is here too, by the way,” we all stopped and looked the waiter who had an odd look on his face, causing everyone at the table, even Jessa to burst into laughter.

· · ·

The next day, bright and early, we all stood at the designated area for bus pick up. Kara picked up Lisa and me on the way so that we could carpool and Lisa could go with Kara to the shoot after she dropped Rian and me off.

Everyone was exchanging goodbyes, the couples taking longer than needed, I turned to Alex; tired of watching Jack and Jessa suck face. “Do you know what other bands are touring with us?”

“Uhm, Cobra is…and I think some new band, Hey Monday, they just put a eight song EP out,” Alex mumbled, checking his BlackBerry to make sure. “And that’s it, I think,” Alex smiled.

“Cool, have you listened to Hey Monday?” I asked, curious about this band, they must be really new on the scene.

“Yeah, they are actually pretty good, the singer, I think her name is Cassadee, she’s got an awesome set of vocals on her. Like it’s unbelievable, she’s nineteen right now, by the end of the tour she’ll be twenty, but still, for someone such a young age…you would not expect someone to sing like that,” Alex laughed.

“That’s tight! I wanna meet this female, when’s the first stop?” I asked, again. “Sorry if I am annoying you with all these questions.”

Alex chuckled, turning his body to face mine as we leaned against Kara’s mom’s car. “Don’t worry about it, sweet tart!” he shot me a smile, before continuing. “I do believe the first stop is Virginia, or something like that.,” Alex nodded, more to himself than me, though.

“Okay,” I mumbled to Alex, before turning to Lisa. “Remember to watch Cinder for me!” to which she nodded, and smiled.

“How’d you get that name; Cinder?” Alex asked.

“My favorite movie is Cinderella, that’s her real name, but for short Cinder, kinda like how everyone calls Sebastian, Baz or Puddles, Pudz,” I answered, looking over at him. Alex got another dog because Lisa and him have split custody for Baz, when he’s home from tour they alternate weeks, and if he’s on tour she keeps him and watches Pudz and Cinder, and depending on if Kara goes Tyson.

“Yeah, I get it, I just think it’s a weird name for a dog, ‘sall,” Alex nodded over at me, then yelled to Lisa to have her watch Puddles while we were gone, even though she already knew to watch our dogs, we just wanted to make sure.

“I feel like we’re gonna be here a while, you wanna kick it over at Starbucks, or something?” I questioned. “Seems how we’re the only ones not sobbing about leaving our love ones,” I made an obvious punch at Jessa who was a blubbering mess, face covered in red blotches, and hands covering parts of her face.

“Let’s just go to McDonald’s, I’m starved!” Alex clearly stated.

I laughed, covering my mouth with my hand. “Okay, let’s go!”

We walked a block in a half to the McDonald’s, the slightly frigid air turning my nose pink, so walking through the establishment’s doors, was somewhat of a relieve; goose bumps were never my thing.

“What do you want?” Alex asked, knowing I didn’t want to walk up there.

“I’ll have that cinnamon thingy and an orange juice, please and thank you,” I smiled at him.

“Will do, sir, and you are very welcome, m’lady,” he returned my smile.

He was gone for ten minutes tops, waiting up there for when the food would be ready and when he came back, I started a conversation. “You just called me both genders in that last sentence.”

“Well…” he paused, trying to think of something. “Yeah, honestly, I don’t know how to respond to that.”

“Whatever, loser,” I grunted. “So Cobra’s gonna be on the tour?”

Alex sighed, knowing exactly what I was getting at. “Yeah, you’d think by now Jessa would understand just how Jack is, I guess love is blind, after all.”

“Yeah, on Jessa’s end of the stick, I suppose. Even though I’m not exactly fond of her, I’d hate to be in her position. At least I’m not completely attached to him with my feelings, y’know?” I asked.

“Yeah, I understand, but it’d still be better if you didn’t have any feelings for him at all. I mean, I love him, he’s my best friend, my brother, but he’s a fucking dick that only thinks with his dick and how much he’d like to get it wet on a tour,” Alex explained, knowing how I feel for him.

“Victoria’s almost better for him though, she’s pretty much the same way as him. And when they tour together, they’ve got each other and all the groupies they could want,” I huffed, trying to ignore the aching feeling in my stomach.

‘Sweet tart, stop, I hate it when you get upset,” Alex sighed, throwing his hand across the table to my own into his.

I blinked really fast, thinking of the scenarios that happened last tour. “Ugh, I don’t want to turn into the girl I was last tour, but I’m afraid I will because now it’s not going to just be groupies…it’s going to be Vicky too.”

“Well, you know I’m always here for you, and if you ever just need to be held or cuddled, my bunk is always open,” I looked up and saw sincerity in his eyes. “Especially since Lisa’s not going, so you’re fucked in the cuddling department,” he said, successfully making me life and skyrocket my mood.

“You’re awesome, did you know that?” I tightened my grip on his calloused fingers. “We should probably get back, bus is due to leave in about fifteen.”

· · ·

As soon as the bus rolled out of the mall parking lot we began our almost five hour, give or take a few minutes and stops along the way, journey to Virginia. Somewhere between getting on the bus and sitting with the boys in the lounge, I realized I was ridiculously cold, I groaned and moved to get up.

“Where you going, boo?” Jack called as I made my way into the middle section of the bus.

“I’m cold.”

“Can you bring me something to drink, Jose?” he asked.

“I guess,” I sighed, walking further down the corridor to the kitchen set up, grabbing a bottle of water out of the fridge. “You get water, hot shot.”

“It works, tiger,” he opened the bottle that I threw at him, as I pulled on my hoodie.

“Vinny will be there, right?” I asked, not wanting to work the merch booth alone.

“He’s not coming out until tomorrow, family emergency or something,” I groaned slightly. “Don’t worry, after the show we’ll come to help, or at least I will,” Rian smiled over at me.

“Thank you! You’re probably a life saver, but I’m not sure yet, it all depends on how much you actually help tonight.”

“Which will be none,” Alex snorted, I rolled my eyes.

“At least he offered to help!” I snapped, easily. “I’m going finish getting ready.”

“But you already look good!” someone called as I began to walk away.

“But I’m not finished with my outfit yet.”

By the time we had actually gotten to the venue, I was severely annoyed with anyone who was in a ten foot radius of me. Those boys can do that to a woman who didn’t have enough coffee earlier in the day, I began setting up the merch booth, vaguely aware of what was happening around me. Except for, I knew Jack was out talking to one of the older looking girls in the front, probably asking to help him out later or something to that matter.

I almost didn’t hear the footsteps coming my way, I until I looked up to see a young looking girl standing there, while I folded the clothes. “Hello there, how may I be of service to you?” I spoke, my eyes settling back down on the task at hand.

“Yeah, I suppose you can help me,” her voice made her seem so much younger than she must have been. “I was wondering if you were on this tour as well?” she asked, as well as stated.

“As a matter of fact, I am. You’re looking at one of three All Time Low merch bitches, Kara will be here within the week and Vinny should be here tomorrow, I am Josey!” I smiled, finally looking up at her, setting the clothes down.

“Cassadee from Hey Monday,” she introduced herself, I thought for a moment, before it finally clicked.

“You’re the band!” I pointed my finger out at her. “The new one! Oh, I’m excited now. Alex told me that this new band was going on tour with us, and I asked who, and he said Hey Monday…but, no offence, I’ve never heard of you guys, and now I’m just excited because I met you!”

“Mind if I help?” she asked, moving around to the back, watching me fold the clothes that I hadn’t realized I was doing.

“Sure, sure.”

“Anyway, yeah, we’re awfully new to the scene, this is our first major tour. I don’t know about the guys, but I’m real excited, I love Cobra Starship and All Time Low, it’s pretty epic in my eyes that our first tour…we’re getting to tour with them, y’know?” she asked, folding the clothes next to me, and then throwing them under the table.

“I understand, I do. I’ve been with All Time Low since they were touring in a dinky little van up and down the East Coast during Spring Break, it was awful but full of life, touring breaks you down but I probably wouldn’t want to live any other way.”

“You’re making me more excited,” Cassadee spoke, we continued to talk for the rest of the next hour or so, she had to leave though, for she had sound check, but I could already tell that this was going to be one hell of a friendship.
♠ ♠ ♠
Break Out! Break Out!