Status: Slowly in progress, again.

Stupid

If You Could; Don't Lie.

We arrived at the club, the aroma of alcohol and sweat hit my nose, and I sighed of breath of relief…finally. I tightened my grip on Alex’s hand, pulling through the crowded room to the bar.

“What do you want?” Alex asked, when we stopped in front of the table, we chose to sit at.

“Vodka,” I smiled, letting the word just roll of my tongue.

“I’ll go get us drinks,” Alex let go of my hand, walking away to obtain our alcoholic beverages.

The others arrived shortly after us, Vinny and Danny walked over to the bar; ordered a shot and were on their way to go get ‘lucky’. Whereas, Jack and Vic went straight to the dance floor, and started ‘dancing’ if you could even call it that.

I shook my head at the two, it was stupid of them to act like this, it really was. First of all, we were in public; and there’s people in public who like to post things on a very public thing called the Internet, and second of all, his girlfriend would more than likely find out.

I ignored the fools and turned back to Alex who had arrived back with my drink, and an extra; obviously thinking I’d finish the first one fast, which was more than likely going to happen. So, it’s good he came prepared. I downed the two in record time; not wasting a moment.

“Alex, let’s dance!” I smiled. “I wanna dance!”

“Course you do,” Alex stood up, grabbing my hand. “Let’s go sweet tart.”

He lead me out onto the dance floor, an upbeat song shaking the floor with heavy beats. His hands rested on my small hips, and my fingers clasped around his neck, my thumbs playing the hairs there. I moved my hips, making his hands sway with them, as he returned the moves I was giving him.

That’s how the rest of the night went, dancing, drinking, dancing, drinking, and repeat.

· · ·

I woke up to my cell phone ringing a tone I’d never thought I’d ever hear. I cleared my throat, answered the phone, and whispered a greeting to her.

“Hello?”

“Josey, it’s Jessa,” the girl sounded torn up.

“What can I do for you Jessa?”

“That girl that Jack was dancing with last night,” my heart stopped, I don’t like the girl; but no one deserves this. “Who is she?”

“She…uhm…”

“I know this is weird, because I’m me and you’re you, and we don’t talk. But I’m so torn up right now, I keep hearing things, I haven’t even been able to bring myself to talk to him for the last few days, I don’t know what to do,” I listened as she choked on a sob.

“Do you want the whole truth?”

“The whole truth, everything, even if it’ll bring me to tears,” Jessa answered.

“Her name is Victoria Asher, she’s in the band Cobra Starship; she’s one of the many girls Jack has slept with while we go on tour, especially when the band tours with Cobra. If Victoria isn’t here, he picks up random groupies at every stop…there’s more, do you want it?” I asked, calmly, not even believing myself for giving her this information.

“I said everything, I meant it,” it seemed as though tears were choking her up.

“In high school, he wanted to keep your relationship a secret so he could continue to sleep with girls, he tricked me into thinking you two were talking a break and slept with me at one point,” not a complete lie. “When we’d go on tour in high school, he’d constantly sleep with girls up and down the coast, realizing the powers he had over the female fans, he never invited you on tour because you’d ruin the things he has going for him.”

“Oh god,” she let out a full out sob break through.

“I know he loves you though! But, I honestly, think you can do better than him. If my plate wasn’t so full I’d fly out and help even.”

“That really means the world to me, I’m gonna have to think things through…but just to put my mind to rest; does this make us friends?” the question caught me off guard.

“If you want to, I’m willing to try a friendship with you,” I smiled.

“Awesome, and if Jack asks why I haven’t been talking to him, tell him work is swallowing me whole; I just can’t talk to him right now.”

“Will do, I’ll call you later tonight, if anything else new pops up, okay?”

“Got it! Bye, Josey,” Jessa mumbled.

“Bye Jessa,” I hung up the phone.

Well, that was odd. It’s still early, I’m gonna sleep for a little bit longer.

As I was trying to fall back asleep, I realized I’d never be able to with the thoughts that were zooming across my head at a million in a half miles a minutes. I rolled over onto my back, and started analyzing all my thoughts to see if any were a good idea, and one stood out…I didn’t know how to apply it though.

I decided to text Kara to see if she was awake, I pushed my phone back underneath my pillow, waiting for a reply; but it was early and I figured I wouldn’t get one back. Though, it wasn’t too long after I sent the text that I got a slight buzz on my phone; signaling that I had a text message.

Yeah, I am awake.

I replied to her quickly.

When we stop, I need to talk to you! It’s super important!

I didn’t wait for a reply, I knew we wouldn’t be there for at least another hour, so I decided to try and put my restless mind to sleep for as long as I could.

· · ·

“Josey! Wait up!” Kara’s voice echoed through the back parking lot of the venue, she caught up with me as I was walking to the venue. “What did you need to talk to me about?”

“You’re never gonna guess who called me this morning!” I started out.

“Santa Claus, getting a head start on the Christmas list?” Kara’s sarcastic reply came followed by a snort.

“I’m going to ignore that,” I rolled my eyes, slightly. “Jessa did.”

Kara’s step faltered for a moment. “Jessa as in…Jack’s girlfriend? The woman that doesn’t like you because you’re friends with Jack…The woman that makes a big deal out of you being a veggie…That Jessa?”

“That Jessa,” I sighed, running a hand through my hair, as we finally approached the merch area. “She saw pictures of Jack and Victoria last night,” I mumbled.

“Oh God, did she ask you about them?” Kara asked.

“Yeah, she did; and I answered truthfully, but then she wanted to know more…I think I might have ruined their relationship and I feel awful,” I groaned.

“Wait! Pause, and rewind, please!” Kara shouted. “You, Josey Parkston, who has been in love with Jack Barakat since longer than I can remember, feel bad about hurting the woman you hate, Jessa Leroy, who has made your life Hell by dating Jack?”

“Yes! I feel horrible, because, even though I just don’t want to admit it; Jessa loves Jack, Jessa loves Jack a whole lot…and I think the last time Jack was completely faithful to her was the first week of their relationship, four years ago. No girl, not even Jessa, deserves that; and you know that just as much as I do,” I explained.

“I just can’t believe she confided you, I guess. I mean, it’s no secret that neither of you really like each other, you two are always at each other’s throats; I guess I’m shocked, if anything,” Kara reasoned, though, I think it was more for her benefit than my own.

“This wouldn’t have happened if Jack was more careful, not that I am sticking up for him; but everyone on tour is always reminding them not to go around like that in the open, and they still do,” I sighed. “But I have an idea, I want to fly Jessa out here, next week; she needs someone and you know as much as I do that Lisa hates every fiber in that girl, what do you think?” I asked in a muffled question.

“I think you two have bonded over shared, unknown to both parties, feelings…and I think that would be a really good idea, I’ll organize the flight and everything,” Kara smiled at me. “You’re too nice for your own good, Josey cakes, you’re just too nice,” Kara sighed, running her hands through my hair before we started unpacking the clothes.

“I know, Kara, I know.”

· · ·

“Alex, tell me about her.”

“About who?” he asked, running his fingers through my hair, myself being curled in his arm. I was currently in his bunk, avoiding Jactoria, not something I really wanted to deal with at the moment.

“The girl you want,” I felt Alex stiffen a little and then relax; must be a touchy subject.

“The girl I want,” he trailed off, thinking about words to say. “She’s nice to everyone, even people she doesn’t get along with. She thinks she can’t sing and hates her voice, but if her favorite song comes on the radio, she’ll start dancing and singing along with the lyrics, sounding like an angel. She loves fashion but hates shopping. She’d rather watch sports than play videos, but she’d rather play video games than read. She hates Cherry Coke, but loves Wild Cherry Pepsi, and she hates Pepsi but loves Coke.”

“She stands up for anyone and everyone. She fucking loves chap stick, she thinks it’s the best creation God could have ever made. She’s not afraid of her flaws and doesn’t cover them up because she knows everyone has them. She’s absolutely perfect, but her heart belongs to someone else and I’m not going to stand in her way,” Alex sighed, kissing the top of my head.

“She sounds amazing, I’m surprised with you Alex,” I nuzzled into his chest.

“How so?”

“Throughout that whole thing, you didn’t say anything about how she looks; I think you love her,” I smiled up at him.

“I do, Josey, I love her so much,” heartbreak rang through his voice, so I nuzzled closer to him.

“You’ll get her sometime, Alex, you’re a great person.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Can't Have You