Status: Slowly in progress, again.

Stupid

And If Tonight Ever Makes A Difference.

Alex’s Point of View

Josey was tucked delicately into my side, her head resting on my arm, while my hand played with the skin below her ribs, just above her waist. Breathy sighs and moans filled the bunk area; Jack and Victoria up to their old and tiresome games. I envy Jack to the ninth degree, he’s got Jessa at home, who is beautiful and so unaware; painfully naïve. The girl would do anything for Jack, and he can’t even stay faithful. And then on tour he’s got Victoria, who I’m pretty sure he loves, but is too scared to leave Jessa. And finally, he’s got Josey wrapped around his finger, like a too night golden ring.

Josey, who is so gorgeous inside and out, and would die for anyone she loves. Josey, who would rather cause her own unhappiness so others will smile, and loves working for charity. Josey, who would rather be strung along by Jack, and completely ignore any feelings any other boy may or may not have for her.

She nuzzled herself deeper into my warmth, causing my heartbeat to quicken and my breathing to become shallow. I looked down at her, her skinny fingers clutching the fabric of my shirt, her salmon colored lips parted a short distance, her moist breath could be felt through the thin material, I didn’t mind. Her eyelashes were free of mascara, showing off their natural brown state. In the dim light, you could see the three freckles that were placed on the right side of her nose. Her dyed blond hair was thrown up in a messy, but fashionable bun, that was slightly falling apart due to her sleeping. I sighed happily, kissing her forehead, she may not love me like I love her, but when she sleeps in my bunk with me, I can pretend all I want.

· · ·

“Hey man, what’re you staring at?” Rian was suddenly standing right next to me.

“What?” I managed to snap out of my dream-like state, turning away from Josey over near the merch tables towards Rian.

“You were staring at Josey!” Rian smirked.

“Shut up, you know I was.”

“I know, I know,” Rian held up in his hands. “I just like to mess with you. When are you going to tell her?”

I looked by over at Josey who was smiling and talking with Kara. “Someday, Rian, someday. Now let me get back to sound check!”

“Sure, if that’s what you want to call staring at Josey in a stalker-ish way, go ahead and sound check all you want!” Rian laughed, walking away from me to his drum kit, as I grumbled under my breath.

· · ·

“Alek-kiki!” I stopped walking, turning around while laughing.

“What’s up, Josey bear?”

“I want to tell you a secret, because I need your help with the secret; but you can’t tell anyone, especially Jack and Victoria,” Josey answered, coming up next to me, wrapping her arm around my waist, forcing me to continue walking.

I wrapped my arm around her neck. “Okay, what’s the secret.”

“Three days from now, Monday, I need you to go to the airport,” she started.

“Why?”

“I’m getting there, hold your horses!” she playfully scowled at me. “Anyway! I need you to go to the airport to pick someone up,” she held up her hand, when she heard me take a breath to start talking. “Shhh, you’re picking up Jessa.”

I furrowed my brows, processing what she just said. “I’m picking up…Jessa? As in Jack’s girlfriend?”

“Yes, Jessa.”

“Why?”

“She knows about Victoria, she knows that he’s not faithful, she needs to talk to him, and it’s just not appropriate to do it over the phone,” I nodded understanding what she was saying.

“How’d she find out?”

“That night we went, two or three nights ago, Jack and Vic were getting a little too touchy feely and someone got a picture and then posted it on Buzznet, she called me and wanted the truth…and I told her the truth,” Josey grimaced. “I felt so bad afterwards, sure, we don’t get along, but she didn’t deserve that kind of hurt.”

“I know baby boo, everything will work out though, just gotta have faith,” I kissed the top of her head.

“Alex, what does she look like?” Josey asked after a few minutes of silence, I felt my heart beat quicken again.

I cleared my throat so I wouldn’t squeak when I spoke. “She has dyed hair, I’m not sure why she did it, I mean…it suits her, but her natural hair color is just to dye for. She’s got a button nose, and blue eyes. Her lips are a nice pink color, fits her face. She’s not all that tall, but I love it. She’s got the most softest pale skin I’ve ever felt…yeah, that’s all you’re gonna get out of me,” I laughed.

Josey laughed, and then sighed. “She sounds really pretty, if I ever meet her, I’m going to beat her up.”

“Why?” I chuckled.

“Because you’re so in love with her and she can’t see it, ugh, she’s so stupid.”

“Well, Josey Bear, love makes you stupid.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Vegas Skies