Status: Slowly in progress, again.

Stupid

I'm Gonna Break Down These Walls.

We walked off stage in a thunder of emotions, the show had been the best one so far, even though the tour hadn’t been going on very long, a week and a half at most. Danny was putting Jack’s guitar away, and Zack was walking through the back door to get ready to sign something’s for the fans. Rian went to go change his shirt, and I just kind of stood, not sure of what I was going to do.

However, after several moments of just standing, I found myself being guided to the merch booth, which I didn’t mind. Rian let go of my arms and walked around me to Vinny and Kara, while I ended up next to Josey; my heart beating faster. I let out a sigh, ignoring the feelings that were pulsating through me, I really needed to get over that.

“Hey, Alex, can you give me a small black shirt?” Josey asked, grabbing one of the bracelets that were available.

“Which black one?”

“The only black one,” Josey laughed at me, I felt my cheeks go a little red.

“Oh,” I tried to laugh it off.

Eventually, Rian and I took a few pictures with fans and signed some shirts, but for the most part we just helped hand out merchandise. It wasn’t long before the venue was cleared out, Josey had already began to pack everything up, while Vinny and Kara began to bring the tubs that held the clothes and posters out of hiding. I just stepped back and watched them work, I was kind of amazed at how fast they were able to pack up and put things away, I can’t say too much for Rian.

“Hey, tomorrow, wanna go to lunch with Cassadee, Kara, Rian, and me?” Josey asked me, as we both carried out some of the plastic tubs.

“Sure, sure, when’s sound check?” I mumbled, nodding.

“Mmm, I’m thinking around four, and we’ll be at the next stop by ten, so we’ll go to lunch at one?” she suggested, with a questioning tone.

“Works for me, but maybe you should let the others now,” I chuckled.

“Shut up! I was seeing if that worked for you, high and mighty rock star,” Josey joked, bumping her shoulder into mine, butterflies erupted in my stomach.

“Well, if I’m so high and mighty, maybe you should bow before me,” I winked and then wiggled my eyebrows at her.

“Oh god! Gaskarth, you’ve always got sex on the mind,” she giggled, throwing her arm around my waist, and I coiled mine around her shoulders as we walked to the bus.

“You know it!” I held on to her just a bit tighter.

“You know what, Alek-kiki, you make my day,” she spoke softly, with a smile on her features, my heart swelled a little bit.

“Well, Josey Bear, you make my day too.”

· · ·

Later that night, Josey was laying in my bunk, like she had been doing for the past few days, since Victoria and Jack decided to take their activities here. I looked down to her, she had a very concentrated look on her face.

“Whatcha thinking about, sweet tart?” I asked, my fingers with her hair.

“What you said earlier,” she answered.

“What did I say earlier?” I furrowed my eyebrows.

“That loves makes you stupid.”

“Oh, why are you thinking about that?”

“Am I stupid for loving Jack?” she looked up at me, with sadness in her eyes.

“Not at all, sweetie, because if you were stupid for loving Jack, I’d be stupid for loving the mystery girl,” I nodded along with my words.

“Can I tell you a secret, Alex?” Josey smiled up at me.

“Of course, Josey.”

“I think I’m falling out of love with Jack and in like with someone else,” she ginned, before turning over, snuggling into my arm.

“Who?”

“Shush Alex, go to sleep,” was the reply I got.
♠ ♠ ♠
Walls