Status: Off hiatus! Active, slowly but surely!

Sinister Smile With a Hole in My Heart

"Holding on to some pieces that you left behind."

"Do you go by anything other then Alex?" Jill hoped sipping more of her Coffee as she sat with the new Alex. After he'd stayed around to make sure she was ok the two had gotten into a great conversation and he stayed with her as she enjoyed her coffee.
He laughed a little and Jill noticed how nice his smile was."Uh no not really. Why?"
"Bad memories of Alexes." she smiled although it hurt a little.
"Well," his smile faded a bit, "Someone I knew once, called me Will." A look of confusion came over Jill. "My middle name," Alex/Will explained.
"Ok, Will it is, Will," Jill smiled.
"Should I-" before he could finish his sentence the two were interupted by a girl rushing over and enveloping Jill in a hug, the dark auburn hair stuffed in her face gave her a hint on who it was. Hugging tightly back Jill managed to muffle a "Kate!" through the hair on the girls head.
Backing away she smiled brightly at the redhead.
"Jill Barakat how've you been?!"
Jill, looking breiifly at Alex/Will who had a confused look on his face, "Ups and Downs," she responded honestly with a smile, "how about you? shouldn't you be back, away?"
"Well, I decided it would be better to continue college more locally. Save money on living expenses if i'm at home. Besides that, just working at the salon. Same old. Predictable. And I am being so rude. I;m Kate," she said offering a hand out to Alex/Will.
Smiling for the first time since Kate had come over to the table, Alex/Will placed his hand in Kates, "Alex." he responded.
"Or Will,"Jill piped up taking a sip out of her straw.
"Nice to meet you Alex-Will." Kate smiled placing the two names together.
"So, how's Jack?" Kate bit her lip afterwards not knowing if she really wanted to know.
"Good.Good. He's at a good place. Working. Babysitting. Band stuff." Blushing at her mention of babysitting Jill peeked at Alex/Will to see if he'd caught it and was embarassed to see a look of clarity had come over his face.
"That's good. Really good." Kate mustered a small smile.
"I can tell he misses you though," Jill added smiling back.
"No. He's got all the little groupies these days."
Kate Smith and Jack Barakat started out as close friends in elementary school, by middle school it turned into puppylove and they started "dating" by the middle school standard. Over the next seven years, from sixth grade to senior year the two would date on and off. Madly in love, and too much alike, after breaking up they would rebound yet miss each other soon enough and be back on. Kate was a constant in the Barakat household. She was like an older sister to Jill, and John and Jane had adored her. Unfortunately though, by the end of senior year, the two lovebirds had broken up, and to everyone's surprise had not gotten back together. Week went by, then a month, and now a year and a half later here they were and still broken up. Jill had always thought it was because it wasnt like the other breakups. The others ones were about stupid things. One of them "flirting" with someone, or saying something that would esclate. But the final breakup was mutual and it was not because they didnt love each other, it was becuase neither of them wanted to hold the other back. Jack was staying home and working on his band and going to community college. Kate was going away to school. Far away. They tried it at first but talking on the phone had hurt both of them too much.
Then it happened. The accident.
Kate, as soon as she heard, although she was not done with her classes and she was not planning on coming home for winter break, rushed to Jack, Jill, and Jane's side. That was the kind of person she was.
"He hasnt dated anyone since you left." Jill went on.
Kate blushed and looked at her phone and immeadiately bolted upright.
"I didnt realize how late it was. I totally went over my break!" Giving jill a quick hug again she went to scurry off.
"I'm glad you're in town for a while." Jill called to her.
"Me too. You'll be seeing a lot more of me. I promise. Tell Drew that i'll be by to see him and give him a kiss for me! And nice meeting you Alex-will."
With that she was off, and Jill was once again aware that she was alone with alex/will.
"I knew you looked familiar." he smiled.
"What?" Jill asked confused praying he didn't recognize her as the pregnant girl.
"Barakat. You're the sister of that guy. In the local band. All time low."
A sigh of relief accidentally left her mouth. He didn't say anything, so Jill was happy he didn't catch it. "Jack? yeah. He's my older brother."
"Cool. Cool. So what was that little sigh of relief there? Something else you should be known for?" he asked teasingly.
crap. he'd noticed
"Uh. no. not that memorable." she promised finishing off her coffee.
"somehow I doubt that," he flirted finishing his coffee as well and Jill flushed. It had been a while since someone had flirted with her.
"Well. I should get going," she said standing up.
"Wait. I don't mean to be so forward but do you think I could call you sometime?"
Flustered Jill didn't know what to say. She could see herself having something with Alex/Will. Well she could see the old Jill having a thing with him. But now she had Drew to think about. And he wasn't exactly aware of Drew. Not to mention she herself was basically clueless on this guy as well.
"We'lll see." she opted to flirt back and started to walk away.
"But I don't have your number," he called out to her.
Jill smiled in response. She knew he'd find a way to reach her.