Status: Off hiatus! Active, slowly but surely!

Sinister Smile With a Hole in My Heart

"It's Not as if I Don't Like You"

Alex's palms were damp as he climbed the tree that lead to Jill's room. She'd made an urgent call to him telling him to come over, "It's a bit important," she'd said; leaving him worrrled.
Jill was never the type of girl to overexaggerate, and she had placed emphasis on the
important. His sneaker slipping a little on the bark below him, he laughed at himself a bit. He'd just turned twenty yet he was climbing on a tree into some girl's window. How highschool.
But it's not just some girl, he reminded himself. It was one of his closest friends. A sister even. As soon as that thought had come up, he instantly shot that down. A sister? really? one that he'd had sex with. One that he was still very attracted to? No. sister was not the right label.
Just at that moment he reached the window and stealthily slid it open, and climbed in.
"Hey," he said turning towards Jill. At the sight of her he began to sweat again. She sat on the bed wringing her hands together with an attempt of a smile that didn't reach her eyes. "What's up?" he asked furrowing his brow in confusion.
"I'm pregnant."
Instantly Alex's stomach dropped to his feet, and his eyebrows shot up. Whatever he was expecting it wasn't that.
"If this is a joke, it isn't funny." his mouth was dry and his tongue felt like sandpaper. But from the way Jill wouldn't look him in the eyes, he had a feeling it wasn't a joke.
A silence of about three or four full minutes ensued before either of them said anything.
"We used a condom." Alex said. It was meant to be a statement but it came out more like a question.
"Yeah." Jill agreed.
"So how did this happen?" Alex's pleading eyes suddenly looked up searching hers. Seemingly saying,
Answers.
"I don't know. It must have been the condom or something, It was my...well you know," Jill looked away again, embarassed. They both knew she'd meant she had been a virgin.
"Yeah. Yeah, uh," Alex sat down and stood up a moment later running his hands through his hair.
"Well are you sure?"
"I took a few tests."
"When?"
"Today."
"Today!" alex exclaimed. "It was over two months ago! Didn't you notice that you weren't getting your-you know-."
Jill looked up angrily, "I've been through a lot lately. The doctor said that sometimes durring stressful periods, sometimes you don't get...yours. I started getting...sick. That was my clue."
"Ok. Ok." Alex said in a soothing voice sitting beside Jill again. "I'm sorry. I'm just...in shock."
"How do you think I feel? I'm still in
highschool. "
"I know. It's ok." Alex said taking her hand in his. "We'll get this taken care of."
"Taken care of?" Jill asked confused.
"Well i'll get money and we'll go to the clinic."
Instantly pulling her hand from his, Jill shot up. "You want me to get an abortion?" she questioned incredulously.
"You weren't actually thinking of keeping it?" Alex asked standing up as well.
Crossing her arms Jill gave no response.
"honestly! You said it yourself! You're still in highschool! You're not ready to take on parenthood."
"The baby would be born after I graduate. And I have over half a year to learn."
"Well what if I'm not ready?! dammit Jill!" Alex yelled his face becoming red as a tomato.
"Grow up! you're twenty years old! What are you afraid that a baby will lower your market value?!" Jill screamed back thanking god that her mother was so far gone on her prescription drugs that Jill could guarentee that she wouldn't wake up.
"Wha-No! I can't believe you're really going to make this mistake. You're going to ruin the rest of our lives." He said throwing his finger in her face.
"I'm not having an abortion. And I can't imagine just giving my baby away, when i'm perfectlly capable of taking care of him or her," Jill said placing her hand over her still flat stomach.
"Fine." Alex said walking back towards the window. "But we're done."
"We never started." Jill pointed out coolly.
"I mean it. I don't want anything to do with the baby. At all. Or you."
Without looking back Alex climbed out the window.
Placing her hands over her torso, and holding back tears, Jill looked down and talked to her stomach for the first time.
"It's going to be ok."


The memory was more then vivid in Jill's head. She knew verbatum what the last words Alex had actually spoken to her. So when she walked into her house to see him holding Drew, she was livid. But she was also afraid. Because she didn't want this to make her waver on her decision. The decision to keep Alex Gaskarth away from her son at all costs.
Seeing Jill standing there directly in front of him, the memory of all the horrible things that he had said to her fluttered back to him.
He hadn't meant it.
Just heat of the moment stuff.
But by the time he'd cooled down and actually let himself process what had happened deciding to apologize and talk about options for real with Jill, it was too late. Jack had came to his house two days after the fight, fuming mad. Wanting to kill a dead man.
"Joey! that son of a bitch!" Jack stormed into Alex's room yelling.
"Whoa. what? What's wrong?" Alex asked sitting up in his bed.
"Jill, she's...Joey got her pregnant!"
"Joey Allen?" Alex coughed out.
"Yeah! and she told me and my mom that she's keeping it! The fucked up part is that my mom is ok with it! And after the initial shock she's actually kind of happy for her.!"
"Joey?" Alex scoffed aloud. More to himself. He couldn't believe what he was hearing. Jill had told her family the baby's father was her dead, gay bestfriend.
"don't say anything to anyone about him being the father, but man! I wish he'd come back to life so I could kick his ass!"

Now here the two-three of them were.
"What the hell are you doing here!" Jill demanded again, this time it was louder.
Alex opened his mouth to answer, but just then, Jack appeared at the other entrance. "Relax, Jill."
"Relax?!" she screamed at him in a tone that implied he had NO clue what he was getting into.
"Yeah. You need to chill the hell out. You're way too overprotective. I only went to the bathroom for a minute. What did you want me to do? Leave him in the bassonet?"
"YES!" Jill angrily yelled.
Looking from her angry face, to Alex's fearful guilty face, and back Jack got a sudden feeling it went much deeper then Alex just holding the baby.
Drew sudedenly let out a loud wail startling Alex.
Alex unsure who to give the baby to, looked between Jack and Jill.
"Here," Jill said dropping the groceries, "Give him to me." Gently yet quickly, Jill whisked the baby away.
"I'll uhm talk to you later," Alex called to Jack and hauled his butt out of the house.
As soon as the front door shut, Jack went after his sister.
"What the hell was that!" he called over his nephews crying.
"Nothing!" Jill yelled back rocking her son trying to calm him.
"The guy hasn't step a foot in here in months and as soon as you come home you kick him out of the house!"
"I didn't kick him outof the house," Jill said in a whisper yet in a tone of authority.
"What did Alex ever do to you!" Jack asked.
Jill scoffed and let out a condescending laugh.
"What was that for?" Jack asked as the doorbell rang.
"Well?" Jack pressed. The doorbell rang again.
"Please just answer the door," Jill pleaded with her brother as the baby started to calm down.
"Fine. but this isn't over," Jack said with a small smile and walking towards the door.
Opening the door he got the shock of his life.
"Katie?"