Sequel: That Should Be Me
Status: Story needs to be heavily edited!

Something More

003

I wanted to avoid Nick at all costs, I almost let him know that I love him last night. That would clearly ruin our friendship if he knew. I was just going to pretend Nick didn't tell me about this Ally girl and move on.

"I think this is it D!" Nick said with the biggest smile on his face.

"Is what?" I asked with a confused tone.

"Her, Ally. She gives me butterflies and I can't even think straight."

Are you freaking kidding me?

"Oh, that's good Nick. I'm happy for you." I said with a fake smile. I slammed my locker and starting making my way to class. Nick chased after me.

"So are we still hanging out tonight or?"

"Sure, I guess?"

"Okay, I'll catch up with you after school. Maybe we can go grab some food or something."

"Yeah, maybe. I've got to get to class."

Part of me didn't know if I could continue being his friend, it hurt too much.I spent the entire class period thinking about Nick and my parents. I didn't know if I could deal with losing both Nick and my Dad. That's when I decided I was just going to tell him how I felt and if he didn't feel the same way, I just needed to deal with it. I made the decision to find him after class and lay one on him!

The bell rang and I hopped out of my seat. I needed to do this fast before I lost all the courage I had gained in the last hour. I practically ran to his locker, but stopped in my tracks before making it there as I heard Nick and his brothers talking about me. I hid around the corner to listen to what was being said.

"This isn't working." Nick said in a frustrated tone.

"What's not working?" Joe asked.

"The girl I made up to make D jealous!" He blurted out.

What? Ally wasn't real?

"I highly doubt that, D is in love with you dude." Kevin said, letting out a loud laugh.

"I don't know, sometimes I feel like she has feelings for me and sometimes... I don't know." Nick sighed.

He knows...how long has he known?!

"Seriously? Just tell her you're in love with her. It's really not that complicated." Kevin told me.

In love with me?! Holy shit.

"I cannot do that! Are you fucking insane?" Nick said.

"Just go talk to her you idiot." Kevin said.

He groaned. "Thanks for nothing."

I panicked as he headed my way. I tried to hide and walk the other way but he saw me.

"Hi." He said awkwardly, unsure if I had heard everything that was just said.

"Hey. Wanna grab lunch?" I asked. My heart was pounding. This could happen, we could happen.

"Uh, actually I told Ally I'd meet her. Sorry, next time?" He asked.

I was so confused. Why was he acting?

"Sure, next time."

He smiled and began to walk away. I needed to do it, and it had to be now. Fuck it.

"Nick!" I called out.

He turned to look at me, "Forget something?" He asked.

"Actually yes."

"What did you-" I grabbed him and kissed him as passionately as I could.

When we broke apart, his eyes were wide.

"That's what you forgot?" He asked in shock.

"You're an idiot Nicholas."

He smiled and pulled me into another kiss.

"You don't know how long I've been waiting for this." He whispered in my ear.

"Trust me, neither do you."
♠ ♠ ♠
Edited!