Sequel: That Should Be Me
Status: Story needs to be heavily edited!

Something More

007

Weeks passed and I had never felt happier than I did at this moment. I was in love. I didn't know if it was too soon to be in love, but that's what I was.

In love.

I felt like I needed to tell him. Let him know how he was making me feel. I got off my bed and walked downstairs, my feet felt heavy but I knew this had to be done. I walked toward the door, almost opening it when my mother interrupted me.

"Honey..." She said softly, "We need to go. It's your Father."

My heart sunk.

The ride to the hospital felt like the longest car trip of my life. As I walked through the hospital doors, I felt my heart start to beat harder and faster. My palms were sweaty and my stomach felt like it was sinking.

As we walked toward my Father room, a man in a white coat stopped us.

"Are you Jason's family?"

My Mom swallowed hard and took forever to answer the man.

"We are. Are we.... are we too late?" She asked softly.

"I'm... I'm afraid so. I'm so sorry. We did everything we could. If you would like, you can go in to see him."

My Mom broke down into tears. I didn't know what to do. I didn't know if I should console her, or if I should even see my Father. Tears failed to escape my eyes. I slowly walked into my Dad's room and gasped at the sight of his lifeless body.
Honestly, I didn't know what to expect when I walked through the door. I walked toward my dad and grabbed his hand.

"I'm so sorry Dad. You don't know how much you meant to me... to Mom." I choked back tears as I saw my Mom enter the room. I immediatley knew I couldn't be in there anymore. "I'm sorry Mom, I can't." I ran out of the hospital and knew exactly where
I was going.

It took forever, but when I finally got to his house I paused before knocking on the door. I didn't know if I could talk about it. Without me even knocking the door swung open.

"D? I... I was just about to head-"

I wrapped Nick into a hug and began to sob in his arms. He squeezed me as hard as he could and stroked my hair. "I'm so sorry, your Mom called us." He whispered.

I sobbed harder.

"Come on, let's get you inside." Nick said as he grabbed my arm and pulled me into his house.

Nick laid me on his bed, gave me his most comfy sweats and t--shirt and popped on a movie. He flopped on the bed and pulled me into his arms. "I got you." He said softly.

"Thank you." I choked.

We sat in silence for a few hours, just watching whatever movie Nick put on, until he finally spoke.

"I love you." He said.

I tore my eyes away from the TV to look at him. "What?"

"I'm in love with you." He said, "I don't know if you would consider me crazy because it's too soon... but I-"

I pulled him into a passionate kiss.

"I love you too."