Running With Scissors

Fighting for Love

I woke up in a room that was unfamiliar to me in my overly groggy state. I hadn't woken up naturally, but I couldn't remember what had woken me up. I felt strange until the previous night's evens all rushed back in a spinning manner, making me blush wildly in my solitude. I took a quick moment to observe my surroundings. Jayde's bedroom was nice; nicer than mine had been at my grandparent's house. Everything smelt so good and it all screamed her name.

What time was it? Where were my clothes? And more importantly, where was Jayde?

"Fuck," I mumbled, standing as I ran my fingers through my matted hair, continuing to look around for my shirt or my jeans.

Suddenly, there was a loud crash outside the room and the sound of someone cursing very loudly. It wasn't Jayde. It was a guy's voice. So, out of instinct, I was able to find my pants quite quickly before rushing out into the hallway, seeming to interupt a close-to-violent moment between Jayde and what looked like a hardcore bouncer or something.

"Is this the little bitch," he screamed.

Okay... I guess I'm a bitch now.

I looked at Jayde in confusion but she shrunk into the coner she was in more, trying not to show fright.

"What's going on," I asked.

"Why don't you just stay out of it," the man shouted.

"Dave, leave him alone- He hasn't done anything."

"What's the matter, you fucking whore? Am I not good enough for you? You have to go around fucking little boys? Why don't you just go back to being a stripper! You're a fucking whore!"

"Dave, go. Now."

"You think I'm fucking leaving? I'm not going anywhere until you figure this shit out!"

"Please just go."

"Bitch," he screamed, raising his hand to harshly meet up with her face.

"Hey," I shouted, launching myself forward as my fist met with his face.

I wouldv'e questioned my actions at this moment, but unfortunately, I didn't have time because I was forced to defend myself as the guy turned around and launched himself ontop of me, my elbow meeting with her hard linoleum floor.

"Stop it," Jayde screamed. "Dave, get off of him!"

"You're not so pretty now, are you? Little bitch!"

Bile was trying to force itself up my throat as my cheek began to throb. What the hell is going on? Another pain above my ear. That hurt. Wait... Was I even punching this guy back?

What was I thinking about again?

Wait... What's that noise?

A crowd of men in blue pulled the bouncer off of me and my lungs were finally free of compression. A figure was infront of me, kneeling at my side, but my eyes were stinging and I couldn't see who it was.

"Ace.. Ace, are you okay?"

"What? What just happened?"

Jayde's face blurred into vision. "Oh my god... Ace, are you crazy? Why did you even get involved?"

I couldn't remember... Wait. "He shouldn't hit you, Jayde."

"Ace, I'm not worth it."

"You're worth everything."

She smiled.

"What just happened," I asked.

She giggled. "You got the shit beaten out of you."

"Well, I never was one to win fights," I chuckled.

"Where does it hurt," she asked in the sudden silence.

"Where's the guy?"

"The cops took him away... Ace, are you alright?"

"Yea... I'm fine. My eyes just kind of sting."

"Common, let's get you cleaned up," she said softly, wrapping her hand around mine as she tried her best to pull me up from the floor.

"Ow," I mumbled, putting one step infront of the other as I stumbled down to the bathroom and sat on the edge of the tub surrounded by gauze and peroxide because Jayde had a tendancy to tend to my weaknesses.