Running With Scissors

Stirring Up The Past.

"You shouldn't have even gotten involved," Jayde stated blankly, holding a cloth over my eye.

The throbbing in my head had settled down to a mere headache, and I was finally begining to think normally again.

"I had to," I stated.

"No you didn't. That was stupid and proud of you. Don't ever do that again."

"What? Okay..."

She sighed and looked up. "I didn't mean it like that. It's just... It's not worth it, Ace."

"Ah- Look how the tables have turned," I stated, remembering a time when I would have said the same thing.

"It's not like that."

"Then what's it like? Who was that guy anyways?"

"No one," she muttered.

"Just tell me."

"It's nothing, Ace. Just stay out of it."

"It's obviously not nothing. Just tell me. What do you think I'm going to say? I can already tell you had some kind of relationship with him."

She pushed the peroxide hard against my face, making a sharp sting form.

"Ahh! What was that for?"

"Don't be such a baby," she stated. "Besides, you deserved it- You were being insensitive."

"Okay... Sorry?"

"It's alright," she smiled. "I can't expect any better from you."

"What's that supposed to mean?"

"You're immature."

"Okay, okay. Quit changing the subject. What's up with the body builder?"

"I met him a long time ago," she stated insecurely.

"Was this while you were a stripper?"

She glared at me. "Shut up Ace, you don't know what you're talking about."

"Well, is that true?"

"You know what," she started, obviously insecure. "Why don't you just take care of yourself." And with that she got up and walked out of the room, making sure to knock over a bottle on her way out.