Running With Scissors

Reunions

It didn't really surprise me when the driver pulled to a stop infront of an appartment building and turned to look at me in a way that insisted we were there. I let out a light chuckle to lighten to mood and handed him the exact change I owed him before thanking him. I took my belongings from the seat and began on the journey to the door which seemed so long.

I stared at the buzz panel in disbelief- I was finally here. I smiled when I saw her name, but never did buzz the button next to it. Instead, I pressed down firmly on the button underneath. A man answered and I came up with the lie that I was delivering flyers- Something I remembered from my childhood.

My heartbeat quickened and my hands became clamy as I walked down the hall to Jayde's appartment door. I stood there for a long time before I finally developed the balls to knock. I cleared my throat as the air seemed to be choked from it as I heard footsteps from inside the door. The lock clicked... The handle turned... The door slowly began opening....

The girl who answered was indeed my dear friend. But not the same I had remembered. She stood there in nothing but an oversized t-shirt, revealing sleander, toned legs and a slim body form. Dark waved of hair passed her shoulders and accented her breasts seductively as she leaned against the doorframe and glared at me from under heavily lined eyes.

Don't you give me that... I'm a guy- You know I can't help but notice these things first...

But once I had.... My heart sank. Jayde had lost her innocence.

"Can I help you," she asked.

My mouth opened, searching for words, but I had to clear my throat before I found them.

"Hi," I said with a smile.

She looked up at me & cocked and eyebrow before her eyes widened and she dropped the bowl of cereal in her hands. Finally realizing her mistake, she cursed and bent down picking up what she could. I scambled across the floor to help her, watching her face miraculously before her eyes finally met with mine and time seemed to freeze.

"Hello Ace," she said with a smile, bearing her pearly teeth, reminding me of how flawless she was.

"H-Hi..."

She giggled before her expression becan much more serious as she got to her feet and disapeared through her house. I got up, surprised that I was left empty handed in the doorway before she re-appeared, crossing her arms after moving her hair from her face so she could glare at me. I had done something wrong.