Status: Active

Poprocks and Coke: If I Can't Have Both, Which Do I Choose?

Poprocks and Coke

Image

You opened your eyes, noticing that it was dark outside.

Great... I fell asleep.

You sat up and stretched. You looked over at the clock; it said 7:11pm.

You stared blankly at it for a second before it came to you; NATASHA!

You quickly got up and ran out the house.

You ran as fast as you could to get to Burger World.

As you ran down your street you saw Billie, Mike and Tre leaning against Tre's car.

"Is that..." Tre started.

"Yep," Billie cut him off.

"Is she..."

"Yep."

"She must be in a hurry..." Mike said.

"Or she really has to go dookie," Tre smiled.

You ran past them and kept running until you got there.

You walked in the fast-food restaurant and found Natasha siting at a booth by herself while putting on black nail polish.

You sat down beside her.

"Hey," you said as you tried to regain your breath.

"What the hell took you so long?" she asked, barely looking up at you.

"I slept in... sorry."

"You better be sorry, because I got to go in five minutes."

"Was there a point in coming if we were only going to stay here for twenty minutes?"

"No... not really..."

You looked over by the door and you saw Billie walk in. He saw you and waved; you waved back. He didn't come to sit with you; he went to the back which goes into the washroom.

Why would Billie be here?

"Sorry, my dear friend, but I have to go." Natasha said as she got up.

"Okay," you mumbled.

She put on her jacket then left.

You decided to stay and wait for Billie.

After waiting awhile, for him you decided to buy a Pepsi then sit back down.

"Hey," Billie smiled as he sat down across from you.

"Hey," you smiled.

"What-ch-ya up to?"

"Not much... my friend just left, so I'm all alone now."

"Not anymore," he smirked.

"Right... sorry, I forgot," you rolled your eyes smiling.

"So how's life?" Billie asked.

"Life's just dandy..."

Minus the state Kyle might be in.

You took a sip of your Pepsi; "How's life for you?"

"It's gone to hell then came back," he smiled; you smiled back; "You want to go out and do something fun?"

"Sure. What did you have in mind?" you took another sip.

Billie thought for a second.

"Do you want to go to a bar?"

"Sure," you smiled.

Both Billie and you got up then left to go to a bar that Billie wanted to take you to.

"How long have you been in your band?" you asked, trying to break the silence.

"Well, Mike and I formed it when we were fourteen. It was originally called Sweet Children, but then we changed it to Green Day," he explained in one breath.

"Sweet Children... far from," you smirked.

"Believe what ya want... but I am very sweet," he told you as he fiddled with his shirt collar with pride.

"Oh yes, yes, you certainly are," you giggled.

"Here's the bar," he pointed out as the both of you walked up to the destination.

You walked inside the place and noticed a lot of games; like pool and video games.

"Would you like a beer?" he asked as the both of you walked up to the bar area.

"Can't," you reminded him

"Oh right, you're too young," he mocked you.

"Hey, I wish I could drink," you defended yourself as you giggled.

"Then drink. I'll buy you a beer." he smiled then walked straight up to the bar; "Two beers," he said.

The bartender gave him the beers and the both of you began to drink.

"So do you work?" he asked, trying to break the silence.

"No," you told him.

"Why not?"

"Don't want to... too lazy," you said in point form, making Billie laugh.

"Okay, I can understand that," he took another sip and so did you; "Actually... this place is so boring."

"It really is."

"We can leave if you want, or place pool?"

"I'd play, but I'm scared that I'd kick your ass," you smiled; Billie smiled at you.

"Oh, it's on. We'll play the next time we come here, because I have no more money. So we gotta go."

"Good by me," you smiled as you walked out of the bar with Billie by your side.

"Now where?"

"My house?"

"Kay," Billie and you left to go to your house.

Walking there was silence, but you'd see Billie glimpse at you from the corner of your eye which sometimes made you smile.

"Here's my kingdom," you smiled as Billie and you walked up your driveway.

The both of you sat on the porch.

"Billie?" you tried breaking the silence.

He looked up at you; "Yes?"

"Do you think that Tre still has a thing for me?" you asked because you've seen weird signs: after the movies, at your house in your room, etc...

"I don't think so... Why do you ask?" he asked looking a little confused about the topic.

"Just curious."

"Why?"

"I don't know; just wondering if he was all right with everything," you smiled to reassure Billie.

"Yea, he's fine," he smiled back, "He doesn't have attractions towards you anymore."

"That's good..." you forced a smile.

What does that hurt?

"Do you have any attraction towards him?" he asked with forced curiosity.

You shot your head up at him quickly; "No."

"How about me?" he sweat slightly while asking.

You looked at him, not knowing what to say; it was such an unexpected question.

Do I like him? Let's see, let's see... I get lost into his eyes every time I see him, I always love to stay close to him because he smells so damn good. Do all those reasons mean I like him? I want to say yes, but there's this feeling as if there is a wall pushing me away... a feeling I can't figure out...

"Well, do you?" he asked again because you were being quiet and kind of dazed.

"I don't know," you looked down blushing, still unsure. However, you quickly looked back up at him; "Do you still like me?"

He looked down at his shoes.

"Well... I don't know, really. I feel a lot of things for you. Sometimes I wake up in the morning and feel like I'm missing something in my life, but then I see you, and I feel like you're the one thing in my life that can make me believe of making it big, being loved, and, just having someone who will support me. I know it's just all in my imagination because you don't want to be with me..."

You felt speechless. Everything he told you was shooting through your head. It came all too sudden and unexpected.

Is this how he really feels about me?

You wanted to say something, but you couldn't speak. You muttered a 'wow', but that was it.

Billie looked back up at you with such emotion in his eyes; "Sorry if I freaked you out."

"You didn't," you told him even though he did a little.

"I guess I should go now," he said after a while of silence.

"No, wait, Billie," you grabbed onto his wrist.

He turns to you; "Yea?"

"Can you please play me that song that you wrote for me?" you asked.

He was silent for a second.

"Do you have a guitar?" he asked.

A little smile appeared on your lips and you nodded.

The both of you went to your room. Billie sat on your bed and you got your acoustic guitar from your closet. You gave him the guitar and you gave him a small smile as he grabbed the pick.

He started playing a nice and soft rhythm on it. He started the first phrase while whispering it into your ear:

"Wherever you go
You know Ill be there
If you go far,
You know Ill be there
Ill go anywhere,
So Ill see you there

You place the name
You know Ill be there
You name the time
You know Ill be there
Ill go anywhere
So Ill see you there

I don't care if you don't mind
Ill be there not far behind
I will dare
Keep in mind
Ill be there for you"

You felt speechless while he whispered the song into your ear. It had beautiful lyrics.

Why would anyone write a song for me, especially a song so beautiful like this one?

"Where there's truth
You know Ill be there
Amongst the lies
You know Ill be there
Ill go anywhere
So Ill see you there

I don't care if you don't mind
Ill be there not far behind
I will dare
Keep in mind
Ill be there for you

I don't care if you don't mind
Ill be there not far behind
I will dare
Keep in mind
I don't care
Ill be there for you
Ill be there for you"
♠ ♠ ♠
comments / subscribe

banners (please, Ill love you!!) in messages.

Love Tami Wright-Cool