Status: Active

Poprocks and Coke: If I Can't Have Both, Which Do I Choose?

Static Age

Image

Nikki's POV

My knees wanted to collapse when another gun shot fired in the distance.

Do not look back no matter what.
Do not look back no matter what.
Do not look back no matter what.
Do not look back no matter what.
[

Tre's voice kept repeating in my head over and over again. I wanted to cry, because I didn't know whether or not that would have been the last time I would have heard him. I broke his heart and I might have broken his life. I was praying for his and Billie's lives to be okay.

I finally got to the front of the building and slowly entered, being extra cautious in case cops or anyone that was in the arcade earlier was in there.

I look around at the main arcade room; glass, plastic, metal, and chairs everywhere. This was not the happy place I was only in fifteen minutes.

I didn't hear anybody as I walked even more inside which I felt relived about, but at the same time I wanted to hear Billie's voice.

"Billie?" I hissed hoping for an answer.

There was no answer.

I sighed in frustration as I wiped sweat off my forehead. My heart was racing and my body temperature was high. My nervous system was ready to com-bust and my head felt as if it was trapped in the middle of a swirl pool.

I had to lean my body against a pool table to hold back the vomit that was wanting to come up from the stress I was feeling. I took deep breaths and cleared my head so I could restart my mission and be able to get through it without a problem.

I wasn't completely prepared for the next thing I spotted when I looked up at the staff room door; blood. Hand prints of blood were on the floor leading to the door. Whoevers blood that belonged to had to drag themselves across the room.

I clutched my heart as I slowly walked to the door and whispered; "Billie..."

I put my sleeve over my hand and twisted the bloody doorknob. The sound of the creek from the door made it feel like I was in a horror movie and the suspense was beginning to build up.

I looked into the dark staff room; all that was there was a staircase with the same blood prints leading up to the very top step.

I felt the frustration and fear continue to build even more as I felt as if this journey was never going to end. I just wanted to find Billie and go. I didn't want to go on a treasure hunt.

I clutched onto the railing and pulled myself slowly up the steps. It felt like for it took hours before I got to the top, but I was on the top step within seconds.

It led to a short narrow hallway that was empty except for a door that led into a bedroom. I was seriously starting to get frustrated with this madhouse.

I thought I entered an arcade, not a fun house!

Right when I walked into the bedroom, footsteps could be heard coming up the steps. I walked more into the bedroom, away from the door, so whoever was in the house couldn't see me in the dark.

It was definitely a cop that was talking to another officer on his walkie-talkie. I was too much in a hurricane of many different emotions that I couldn't understand the words they were speaking to each other. All I knew was I was paralyzed while the cops came closer to the room.

He wouldn't see me, but he would definitely hear my heavy breathing if he entered the room.

He was almost to the door and my heart began to race so hard I swear I could hear it.

Before the cop entered, a hand went over my mouth and pulled me back into the closet that I was previously standing in front of.

I almost screamed as the person closed the closet door and stood close to me, keeping me quiet with his hand like Tre had done in the grass.

I could sense it was Billie who was the one right beside me. I don't know how I could sense who it was, but I just knew. I felt so relieved to know he was standing and capable of moving, but my nerves were still shot.

"Whoever got into the fight is gone. There's blood on the floors, but there's no sign of anybody," said a male voice.

Static from the walkie-talkie hissed through the room; "We'll be there in a few minutes."

The cop left and once he had, Billie unhanded me.

I panicked once I noticed him stumble by his shadow. I quickly found the light and turned it on; I definitely wasn't prepared to see what I had faced.

I gasped and put my hands to my mouth. He was hurt - really hurt. His forehead was covered in blood from a wound and he looked like he was about to faint.

I took my hands away from my face and grabbed onto Billie to stop him from swaying.

"Are you okay?" he asked weakly.

I let out a little cry; "Me? What about you? Billie, you need to go to the hospital."

It was as if he didn't hear me; "Did Tre get out okay?"

I was silent for a second because I was scared for Tre and I really didn't know the answer. However, I nodded, "He'll be fine."

Hopefully he didn't sense the hints I was giving him with my voice about Tre's wellbeing.

He swayed, "Good."

It was so hard to watch him in so much pain. He looked like he was in a ton of it actually. He couldn't control his body and his eyes kept opening and closing - unless he was blinking extremely slowly.

"Billie, you need to go to the..."

"I love you." He fell on the floor unconscious.

"BILLIE!" I cried out when he hit the ground.

He was out. He laid there motionless.

I began panicking again and anxiety made me hyperventilate.

At that moment, I had no control over the nerves in my legs and I ran down the hall, shouting at the top of my lungs.

"HELP! SOMEONE HELP MY BOYFRIEND!"

I clutched onto the railing beside the staircase again and hoped that someone would come to his rescue.

It must have been three cops that ran up the steps, and once they were on the top step, they looked at me.

I knew they wanted to know who I was and why I was there, but I ignored those questions that were about to come out of their mouths. I instantly pointed to the bedroom and cried out, "THE CLOSET!"

They ran to the room and went to the closet. I followed behind and watched as they knelt beside Billie and tried to wake him up. By the looks of it, their attempts were not working.

"What's your name?" the female officer asked. I didn't give her one glance; I kept my eyes on Billie.

"Nikki Wilson. That's my boyfriend, Billie Joe Armstrong," I cried softly.

I could see her writing down my answer on a notebook from the corner of my eye.

"What happened here?"

I blinked out tears as I tried recalling everything that had happened to me tonight. I didn't answer her question, instead my heart started skipping beats as I pictured Tre looking down at me while he told me what to do before he was chased down the street by the cop.

I looked at her with my eyes growing bigger by the second; "TRE!"

"Excuse me?" she looked confused.

I broke down crying and I began hyperventilating again; "PLEASE TELL ME YOU FOUND HIM! TELL ME HE'S OKAY, PLEASE! HE INSULTED ONE OF YOUR COPS SO HE COULD GET SIDE-TRACT, SO I COULD RUN IN AND SAVE BILLIE! HE HAS TO BE OKAY! HE CAN'T DIE! I LOVE HIM!"

My heart stopped once I realized the last thing I said. I wasn't thinking and I was speaking very fast that it just slipped out.

I looked around; the room was starting to spin and I was having trouble breathing. I couldn't hear anything other then static coming out of the cops walkie-talkie.

"We have a situation here; there's been a man - somewhere in his early twenties - shot and we need assistance. His drivers license says his name is..."

I fell to the floor.
♠ ♠ ♠
3 Comments = new chapter