Status: Active

Poprocks and Coke: If I Can't Have Both, Which Do I Choose?

Thank You for Being an Heroic Idiot

Image
Thank you so so so much to Controlled Poison for the banner! You made my day and you leave kick ass comments! Thanks so much for your motivation and support.

****

I sat down on the foot of Billie's hospital bed. It was a better light hitting his face in the room he was stationed in, the white light highlighted his whole face. Unfortunately, it only highlighted the wounds, and you could really see how bad he was injured.

I sighed as I stared at his sleeping face. He only woke up once but he was too medicated to even focus his attention on one thing. However, I knew he had an idea that it was me in the room with him.

Now; if you turned your head to the right of Billie, just a few feet away was Tre's hospital bed. Despite how happy I was that they were both okay, just knowing they were in the same room kind of bugged me. I knew they would get along just fine, speaking that they are best friends, but Billie doesn't know that Tre still likes me, and now Tre knows that Billie and I are in a relationship. I feel if when the time comes when they're both a wake and not as medicated, Tre will feel resident and hurt. I didn't want to hurt him.

I stared at each of them one at a time, taking time to examine them both. I didn't want to admit it, but I felt a little bit of something for Tre - at least I wanted to convince myself that it was a little bit. I know I love Billie, but just looking at Tre makes the butterflies go crazy in my stomach. It was weird, but having both of them in one room together made the butterflies in my stomach feel complete, but that could never work.

"Are they awake yet?" came a voice from behind me which made me jump a little. I knew it was Mike by the tone of his voice.

I looked over at him with tired and watery eyes. I shook my head; it was still too overwhelming to talk much. I had everything I wanted right in front of me, but something inside told me that this wasn't going to be the end of my worries.

"How are you holding up?" he weakly smiled as he walked up closer and pulled up a chair by the side of Billie's bed.

I looked at him peacefully for a second before replying; "I think I need a long nap, but my mind is too overwhelmed with everything I've gone through."

"I wish I knew what happened... I still don't get it, no one's actually given me the whole story," he said, looking over at Tre as he slept as well.

I shook my head, "I'd explain but it's too much. Just know that we all went through a lot, especially Tre, and we're all here alive."

Both Mike and I stayed in our sitting positions for what seemed like hours to see which one of the guys would wake up first. They both slept so deeply that it was hard to tell weather or not they would have woken up that day. However, after a few more hours of waiting, there was one that woke up.

"I remember... I remember seeing you before I fell," Billie pointed at me weakly.

I weakly smiled, "Just know that Tre risked his life for the both of us," I paused, "Just let him know you appreciate what he did even though you don't remember much."

Billie nodded.

He was still in a drowsy state but he had just enough energy to talk and keep his eyes open.

"What about Jamie?" Billie asked out of the blue.

My eyes went wide; WHAT ABOUT JAMIE?! I completely forgot about the dirt-bag.

I shook my head lightly, "He's not important, besides, I don't even know what happened to him."

He exhaled deeply and looked around the room in a daze, "As long as he leaves us alone then all is swell."

I weakly smiled again by the way his nose flared. I grabbed onto his hand, thinking that I wasn't being affectionate enough towards him do to the fact that Tre was sleeping in the bed just a few feet away.

"I'm just happy you're getting better. I was really scared," I stared down at only our hands.

I heard him exhale again, and by the sounds of it, I think he might have been smiling; "Honestly, you've gone through more than I did last night. If I only knew what you were doing, I think I would have had a heart attack with fear of something happening to you. You are probably the bravest girl I have ever met," he paused as I knew he was staring at me, "I'm the luckiest man to have you as my girlfriend."

I looked up at him again with the first smile I had truly meant to showcase since the previous day; "I had to, Billie. I was scared of something really bad happening to you."

"Yea, so I guess everyone forgot I was here then?" Mike said out of the blue in the same chair he had been sitting in for the past few hours.

I couldn't help but look at him a little and laugh softly; "Sorry, Mike."

Billie smirked, "Too much to handle here, Mike?"

Mike shook his head and rolled his eyes with a smile on his face, "I guess I won't understand all this boyfriend-girlfriend talk until I get a girlfriend."

Both me and Billie smiled at his comment and just remained there quiet.

"Does this mean you're breaking up with me, Mike?" came Tre's voice from the other bed.

My head popped up and I looked over at Tre who was still lying there with a very bright look on his face.

I beamed knowing that he was awake and okay; "TRE!" I literally ran over to him and hugged him.

He hugged back, "Glad to feel welcomed in this little sha-bang," he joked out loud.

I laughed and let go of him, but before I went back to Billie, I slapped Tre on the hand.

Tre whiped his hand to his chest and clutched onto it, "Ow! What was that for?" he said it with a little bit of pain in his voice, but his expression showed he was amused.

I couldn't be strict with him, but I let him know how I thought, "For risking yourself like that and scaring the Hell out of me! Honestly, what you did was stupid, but I am so happy and thankful that you did what you did and that you're okay."

"So to sum up what Nikki's saying; thank you for being an heroic idiot," Mike intervened with a smile.

Billie let out a laugh; "Yea, really, Tre; Thank you so much. You saved my life."

Tre smiled weakly at everyone and said simply, "You're welcome. I did what I felt I needed to do."

Now that I was at Tre's side, I didn't want to leave him even though I would just be a few steps away from him. Everything about him made my heart go fast and slow at the same time - the exact feeling I get with Billie but this one is more at a lost.

However, I knew my place was at Billie's side and I had to respect that and be just as happy to be around him. I reassured myself, however, that the only reason I was feeling such a longing to be with Tre was only because of the fact that he saved both Billie and my life - Boy, was that a lie.
♠ ♠ ♠
comments/ banners / subscribe!