Status: Active

Poprocks and Coke: If I Can't Have Both, Which Do I Choose?

Brutal Love

"Please just have a fry, for me?" Tre asked as he shot the puppy dog eyes at you, making him look so adorable that it was sickening.

"I'm not hungry," you mumbled. It wasn't just because you were not hungry, but also because the fries in Burger World always looked disgusting and greasy; not exactly the best food to eat.

"Nikki, c'mon! You gotta eat," he said as he picked up one of his fries, looking like he was going to give it to you, "For me?" he pouted with the fry almost in your face.

You sighed as you gave up on protesting. You took the fry out of his hand, causing a big smile to appear on his face as you ate it.

Although you were with Tre physically at that moment, your mind and thoughts were with your dead brother. A single tear fell down your cheek as you kept recalling the events that happened that night. Tre must have noticed your tear because you could sense that he stopped eating and you felt his eyes burning through your flush.

"Nikki, it'll all be okay," he said as you felt his body go beside you in the booth you were sitting at. He embraced you in a warm hug that lasted for a while.

"I don't know what to do," you sobbed into his shirt as the tears started to poor away.

"What do you mean?" he asked in the most soothing voice that you've ever heard that it made you calm down a little bit.

You brought your head up from his chest where you were sobbing and looked at him, "I have nothing now. My brother killed himself, which I can't help but somewhat blame myself. Billie hates me-"

"Woo, woo, woo, wait!" he put his hands up, signaling you to stop and back up, "What makes you think it's your fault?" he wiped away a tear that was left stuck there on your cheek.

You took in a deep breath as you tried to find the words, "I was a complete bitch to him... I never understood him... I never talked to him unless I was insulting him... Theres no other reason in the world to why he would have killed himself other than me," more tears started pouring as you spoke.

"Nikki, it's not your fault. Trust me. What you just described is sibling rivalry, all brothers and sisters go through it. There must have been another reason. But believe me, what ever the reason is, it doesn't involve you," he said as he looked deeply into your eyes, making you feel like he knew all the answers.

"And as for Billie... we have no clue where he is. Last I saw him, he was at the house, and he said he was gonna go away for a while to get his thoughts together. He doesn't hate you, he just needs time to think about all the shit he's done." Tre said before grabbing a fry and putting it in his mouth.

You felt speechless and shocked, "H-He left?" you stumbled on your words as you couldn't believe he left when you were going through a lot in your life.

"Yea, well..." Tre trailed off as he started tugging at his hair, "He felt bad for what he did, so he thinks you don't want to see him for a while."

"Wait- what?" you began to cry. "How could he do this to me? I need someone to talk to and you'd think he, being my boyfriend, would be the one to nurture me!"

"Well, he didn't actually do it to hurt you even more," he stumbled on his words as he tried to calm you.

"He doesn't think this would hurt? I've been hurting for the past few days since this happened, and he didn't even come to see if I was okay! How could he do this to me?" you sobbed, putting your hands on your face so Tre couldn't see you cry over your weakness.

All of a second, you took your hands away, "I'm going home!" you said as you got out of the booth and started walking to the door. You knew all along Tre was following due to the sound of his footsteps.

"Nikki, stop!" Tre said, soothingly as he grabbed your arm to make you stop walking away. Right away, he put you in a hug.

Since you were weak, you gave in and let him hold you, not caring who saw, not even if it was Billie.

"Why would he leave me here like this?" you cried, letting your tears fall onto Tres shirt.

He was silent for a few seconds, "I don't know... He's confused right now, okay? That's all. Everything will be fine," he whispered into your ear, making you feel a little tingle go down your spine.

"It wasn't supposed to be like this with us. I thought he loved me," you said quietly in his neck.

"He does love you," he whispered back, making you feel vibrations on your neck that made the hug feel even better.

"No he doesn't. If he did, he would be the one hugging me right now. He doesn't even care."

"He does. Trust me, he does care, and he loves you," he whispered once again, making you feel relaxed and calm.

All of a sudden, a new feeling embraced you. You began not to care about Billie and stopped thinking about Kyle for that period of time in Tre's arms; all you cared about was being in Tre's arms and taking everything in that made you feel good and loved.

"I'd never leave you like this," he whispered into your neck.

Once you realized what he had said, you looked up at him, taking your head away from his shoulder, "What do you mean by that?" you asked, full attention in his eyes as he stared down at you, probably fearing every moment of trying to figure out what to say.

"I meant, I wouldn't leave you like this... like Billie did," he said, letting his head drop to look down at the ground.

A tiny smile escaped your lips. The first smile in three days, "It's okay, Tre. I know you'd never leave me alone while I was sad or depressed," you told him, trying to make him feel better and not stupid.

A weak smile formed on his lips, "So, um, I hope you're not freaked out about what I said that night at the movies... when I told you how I felt about you..." he trailed off as his head dropped again.

You started to feel bad, because if it wasnt for him, you and Billie wouldn't be together. But all along, he's loved you, or liked you, which eventually turned into love. When he could have just had you all to himself, he considered your feelings, making him realize that you should have been with Billie.

"Tre, it's okay, I'm not freaked out. I'm actually glad you told me because it makes sense," you told him, calmly.

He raised his head up from looking at the ground, looking a little confused, "What do you mean?"

"Well, when I told you that Billie and I were together, you started acting all sad when you saw us together and stuff like that."

"Oh... then I guess it was noticeable," he nervously laughed.

"It's okay, I'm just glad you're helping me out. If it wasn't for you, I'd be still locked up in my room," you slightly laughed.

He looked at you, looking surprised until his big grin went across his face, "There's the laugh that I love," he said, making you laugh more, "Are you feeling better?" he asked through your laughing.

You stopped laughing and looked at him a bit more seriously, "A bit... Thanks a lot, Tre. I honestly missed my laugh; I haven't heard it in a few days," you weakly smiled which made him smile.

"No problem. That's what I'm here for," he weakly smiled, putting you in another hug, this time, not lasting long.

Feeling that it was time to untangle him from your arms, you look up at him. Staring into his eyes felt weird, you felt more drawn to him in more than just one way. You knew he was feeling everything you were feeling at that moment since he was looking deeply into your eyes as well.

It seemed like his face was starting to inch closer to yours, or your face was inching closer to his. At that moment, it was hard to tell who was the one moving closer, if not the both of you. Your lips were so close. You could feel his warm breath hitting your lips, making you have a feeling of lust and protection.

As you were moving closer, you had an image of Billie in your head, making you think about what was about to take place and caused you to stop.

You took your face away before your lips touched. "I'm sorry," you whispered, feeling guilty for what you almost did. What if Billie saw?

He weakly smiled, "It's okay." there was silence for a few seconds as both of you tried to put your thoughts together. "Um, you want me to walk you home?" Tre asked.

"Um, sure," you said, slowly as if you were in a little daze.

A tiny smile went across Tre's face.

The walk back to your house was silent. There wasn't really anything needed to be said. Tre had the expression on his face like he really wanted to say something but just couldn't. But you liked the nice silence; it gave you a chance to get your thoughts together.

The walk came to an end as you saw your house coming closer.

He walked you up to the porch as he was either going to say bye, or come in.
"Do you want to come in?" you asked as you pulled your house keys out of your pocket.

"No, I better be going, but thanks for the offer," he weakly smiled, you did too.

"Alright, I'll see you tomorrow then?"

"If you want to hang out, that's cool," he weakly smiled.

"Sure," you smiled even more, which made him smile more too.

Right when you were about to open the door, you remembered something, "Oh, um, Tre..." you began, making him stop walking before he got down the steps, "Thanks for everything you've done. You made me feel so much better and I owe it all to you."

He smiled, "It was nothing. I have a gift of making people smile and feel better."

"You sure do," you laughed.

You stepped a few steps closer to his body to embrace him in a friendly hug. You didn't want to let go and you knew he felt the same too.

"Thanks," you said again as you untangled him from your arms.

He smiled, "No problem. I'll see you tomorrow," with that, he left, probably going home or work.

You went inside your home, not feeling those horrible feelings you felt earlier but feeling something else, something warm, a lust kind of feeling, a feeling of butterflies in your stomach, and it was all because of Tre...<i><b>Wait! What?!</b></i>