Status: Active

Poprocks and Coke: If I Can't Have Both, Which Do I Choose?

This Phone's Off the Hook

Image
****************************************************************************************************

You awoke the next morning to your phone ringing.

"Hello?" you mumbled into the receiver.

"So?"

Great... it's Natasha.

"So... what?"

"What did Tre say?"

"Nothing..."

"Nothing?" she raised her voice, "But Tre always has something to say."

"I mean nothing as in that he didn't call."

"Why not?"

Oh yeah, like Id know the answer to that.

"How would I know?" you stated, "He'll probably call tonight or something."

She gasped, "He could be calling right now."

"Uh... right," you paused. You heard nothing on the other end, "Natasha?"

Great... she hung up.

You hung up the phone, and then threw it to the end of your bed. You slammed your head down on your pillow, as you still felt tired. Two seconds later, your phone rang again.

You sat up and grabbed it.

"Natasha," you sighed before answering it.

You put the phone to your ear; "Hello?" you mumbled.

"Nikki?" a man asked.

"Yea, that would be me."

"Hey! It's Tre."

"Hey, Tre!" you started to feel happy.

"What are you doing?"

"Nothing really... I just woke up." you laughed at the last part.

"Really?" he laughed, "It's like 1:30 in the afternoon."

"Oh well..." you sighed.

"I was wondering if you wanted to go out tonight?"

YES!!!! Oh... wait... I can't because I'm going out with Jamie tonight, and I just can't ditch Jamie... he is my boyfriend.

"I'd love to go out tonight... but I can't," you sighed at the last part.

"Why not?" he asked, sounding kind of bummed.

"I'm going out tonight."

"With Jamie?"

Wow, he's quick.

"Yea," you groaned.

"I see," he understood, "If you change your mind, call me back."

"Okay," you smiled since he seemed to understand.

"I'll talk to you later. Bye."

"Okay. Bye."

You hung up the phone, and then went down stairs into the kitchen. You went to the kitchen
table and grabbed an apple. Eating it, you walked into the living room; only to be greeted by your father and Jamie.

Jamie?

"Hi Jamie." you waved, a little confused.

"Hey, baby," he walked up to you and kissed you on the cheek.

"Why are you here?" you smiled.

"I'll tell you in the kitchen," he took your hand and led you to the kitchen.

"What's up?" you asked confused.

"I need to break the date tonight," he explained.

You turned around, feeling pissed and looked at the ground.

"What's the reason this time?" you asked, even though you knew that it was probably because he was going out with a whore.

"I have to work late tonight."

Bullshit!

"That's always your excuse!" you whined.

"I know, but I'd rather have you mad at me than my boss," he explained while putting his jacket on, "It's okay, baby, I'll call you tonight, all right?"

You stared into his eyes, knowing that he was lying. of course he's lying. Why do I stay with this asshole? He's not worth my time. You sighed.

"Fine, whatever."

"Thanks, babe," he kissed you on the lips, but you didn't bother kissing back.

"Yep..." you sighed.

"Bye."

"Bye."

You walked back into the living room, pissed because of Jamie. You looked over at your dad; he looked over at you. He was so slow at knowing if you were okay or not, it's not even funny.

"How's Jamie?" he asked, unaware that you were pissed off.

"I don't know! I never know!" you stormed out of the room, and went upstairs to your own room.

You walked over to the window and opened it, and then walked to your bed. You laid down on your stomach and smashed your face into the pillow, while screaming in frustration.

When you stopped, the phone began to ring. You picked it up:

"What?" you mumbled.

"Wow... bad day," Natasha snorted.

"Shut up," you said.

"What's wrong with you?"

"Everything."

"Like?"

"Well, first of all, Tre called."

"TRE CALLED?!" she interfered.

"Yes, now let me finish!" you shouted, "So Tre called, and he asked if I wanted to do something tonight..." You could hear Natasha trying to hold back a scream of excitement. "...and I said no."

"Why the hell did you say no?!" she screamed.

"Because I was going to go out with Jamie tonight."

"NIKKI! You know better!" she groaned into the phone.

"I know, I know; 'Stop loving Jamie, because Tre might actually love you back'," you mocked what she said last night, "Well, anyways, I told him that I was busy, than I went downstairs to get something to eat, and guess who I saw?"

"Tre?" she asked confused.

"What? No," you squinted your face, "Jamie!"

"Oh..." she laughed... "Ew!"

"Anyways, he said that he has to cancel because he has to work late tonight. That was the same excuse that he used when he was cheating on me with Sarah... that whore."

"More like Jamie's the whore," she giggled.

You sighed, "Wait..." you paused, remembering that Tre told you.

"What?" she asked confused.

"Right before Tre and me hung up, he told me to call him if I change my mind," a smile appeared on your face.

"CALL HIM!" she screamed, making you drop the phone on the ground because of her screech.

You picked it back up, "Can you be anymore louder?"

"Yes! Now call!"

"All right, I wi-"

You heard a beep on the other end.

She has to learn how to say bye.

You went to the directory on your phone and found Tre's number; you called it, and waited for him to answer.

"Hello?" someone picked up; it wasn't Tre, you could tell.

"Hi, is Tre there, please?" you asked.

"Sure, hold on," he said.

"Kay," you mumbled.

"Tre! Phone!" you heard the boy yell.

You heard someone running to the phone and then picking it up.

"Hello?" It was Tre.

"Hey, Tre," you smiled.

"Nikki, what's up?"

"Nothing much. Who answered the phone?"

"Oh, that was Billie," he explained, you nodded, even though you knew he couldn't see you.

"Cool."

"So what's up?" he asked, curiosity in his voice.

"I was wondering if we could still do something tonight?" you bit down on your nails nervously.

"Yea," you could tell he was smiling on the other end, "What happened with Jamie?"

"Oh... he has to work late," you sighed.

"Sorry," he said as if he knew what Jamie was really doing.

"It's okay," you sighed again, "So what did you want to do?"

"Well, we're playing at Gilmans tonight, and yea. I was wondering if you wanted to watch, and then hang out with Billie, Mike, and me."

"That would be awesome," you smiled.

"I thought of it myself," he proudly added.

You laughed.

"Sweet!" you smiled, "When should I go?"

"Our performance starts at 8:00pm. Do you think you can make it?"

"Definitely."

"Awesomeness!" he shouted.

"I'll definitely be there," you smiled, "I got to go right now, so I'll see you then."

"Okay, bye," he said.

The both of you hung up the phone, and then you started dialing Natasha's number, because you knew if you didn't tell her, she'd kill you.

"NIKKI?!" Natasha screamed into the receiver.

"How the hell do you always know it's me?" you asked.

"I'm physic!" she giggled.

"More like psycho."

"Whatever," she mumbled, "So what happened?"

"We're going out tonight," you smiled.

"Oh my God!" Natasha began to jump around, "You're going out with Tre Cool!"

"Yea, but I'm going to hang out with his friends Mike and Billie Joe too," you explained.

There was dead silence on the other line.

"You're going to hang out with all of them?"

"Yea... is that a problem?"

"No," she said in total shock, "But why the hell are you so frigging lucky?"

"How am I lucky?" you asked.

You heard her snort, "How are you not lucky?" she mocked.

You thought about it for a sec.

"You get to hang out with Green Day tonight! The one and only Green Day, and you say you're not lucky!"

"Well, first of all, I'm going on a date with Tre, but I'm with Jamie."

"Screw Jamie!" she shouted.

"But you know I love him," you whined.

"I know, I know," she sighed, "I have an idea."

Great. An idea.

"What?"

"Just think about it this way: if Jamie's going to have fun without you tonight, then have fun without him tonight."

Hmm, she has a good idea there.

"But isn't that like payback?" you asked confused.

"You can think of it like that, or you can think about it as Jamie getting a taste of his own medicine, but I think of it as you being happy and not thinking about Jamie," she explained, "I mean, Nikki, don't you want to be happy?"

"Yes, of course!" you sighed.

"Then just trust me... you won't regret it... I promise."

For once Natasha had a good point there. It's something that you'll have to consider and think about, but for once you're going to do something for yourself, not for a boyfriend who is a bastard anyways.

"You promise?"

"I promise," she said seriously.

A little smile started to crack on your lips.

"Thanks," you smiled.

"You're welcome."

"You are so right! Screw Jamie, I'm going to have fun tonight!" you smiled even more.

"That's what I like to hear!" she laughed, "Now get Mike's number for me."

"No!" you laughed.

"Why not?" she giggled.

You thought about it, "Because that's so wrong."

"Why?"

"Because I'm kind of on a date with Tre, and I can't ask the other guy for his number. It's just too weird."

"Then I'll come."

What? No! She can't come!

"No! You can't... you said that I should be happy, and if you just randomly sho-"

"Nikki - calm - I'm just joking," she cut you off while laughing.

"Oh, I knew that," you smiled even though you didn't know that.

"Right," she stopped laughing, "So what are you guys doing?"

Crap! I can't tell her what we're actually going to do. She might show up.

"We're going out for dinner," you lied.

"Oh... cool."

Awesome; she believed me.

"I got to go get ready, kay?"

"Kay."

The both of you hung up the phone, and then you went into the shower.
♠ ♠ ♠
I know; it's kinda long... meh.

comment / subscribe / banners

Lurve, Tami Wright-Cool