Status: Active

Poprocks and Coke: If I Can't Have Both, Which Do I Choose?

On A Date with Green Day and Uncle Fester

Image
If you make me a banner, make sure to use my Mibba user name, not my Quizilla's. Thankies. Enjoy.
****************************************************************************************************

You walked into Gilmans with a smile on your face because you knew that tonight you were going to have a good time.

You walked over to the refreshment bar and bought yourself a root beer. You sat yourself at a booth close to the stage. You waited about ten minutes before a boy with blue hair came out.

"Hey everyone! I'm Billie Joe!" he shouted.

The crowd went wild.

Oh... Billie; Tre's band mate.

"Are you guys ready to rock?!" he yelled; everyone screamed. "Here's my band, Green Day."

A boy with blond hair and a bass, that you guessed was Mike, came out to the second microphone. Then Tre ran to his drum set.

They were all awesome on stage and full of energy. Billie had a really cool voice, and he had good lyrics. Tre was all energy and goofiness; he made everyone laugh at his expressions that he was making. And Mike was very charming, and he was awesome at playing his bass.

After their performance was over, you continued to wait at the booth that you were sitting at. You couldn't stop replaying the performance in your head; it was just so awesome.

"You made it!" You heard a voice from behind.

You turned around, only to see Tre and his friend Mike.

"Yea, you guys were so good," you smiled.

Tre and Mike took a seat across from you.

"What? Just good?" Tre gasped.

"All right, you guys were so awesome that you rocked my socks off," you giggled.

"That's better!" Mike joined into the conversation, "But of course it would have been better if your underwear got rocked off," he chuckled.

"So true!" Tre laughed.

"Great," you laughed, "So where's Billie?"

"Right behind you," Mike pointed.

"Hello," Billie said unexpectedly which made you jumped a bit.

He sat beside you.

"Hi," you smiled; he smiled back. "I'm Nikki."

"Nice to meet you, Nikki. I'm Billie Joe, but you can call me Billie, or BJ," he put out his hand for you to shake; you shook it.

"Do you guys want anything to eat or drink?" Mike asked while getting up.

"Bring us a carton of nacho chips," said Billie.

"Sounds good to me," Tre smiled, "So Nikki, what's up?"

"Nothing much," you looked up at him, "What about you guys?"

"Same," Billie smiled.

"I got electrocuted before we got here," Tre smiled.

You started to laugh along with Billie.

"And how did you manage to do that?" you asked.

"We were all playing a video game on my Nintendo," Billie began, "Then Tre was all like, 'I wonder if that thing that Uncle Fester from The Addams Family does is real'. You know where he puts a light bulb in his mouth and it goes on. Tre put his hand on a lighten light bulb and it electrocuted him, and after that he was all weird; It was hilarious."

You laughed throughout the whole story; Tre did too

"Yea... I rock," Tre stated as Mike came up to the table with the food.

"No you don't," Mike smirked.

"Yes, I do."

"No."

"Yes."

"No."

"Yes! You're just mad because your breath stinks!" Tre stated, making Mike look at him like he was insane.

"What are you talking about?" Mike asked.

"He's saying you're a geek stink breath," Billie laughed.

"Damn straight!" Tre smirked.

"Okay..." Mike said slowly.

"So Nikki tell me something about yourself," Billie said because he saw that you were not really in the conversation.

"Um... well, I talk on the phone a lot," you giggled, "And I like skateboarding."

"Are you good at it?" Mike asked.

"I think I am," you smiled.

"Awesome! You should show me sometime!" Billie smiled.

"And maybe teach Tre," Mike smirked, causing Billie and you to laugh, and leaving Tre in a confused state.

"What?" he asked; he wasn't paying attention.

"Never mind," you laughed.

The night out was going great. You learned so much about these guys, and they were all really cool. Most of the time Tre and Mike would insult each other. When they would you usually start up a conversation with Billie. Apparently, Billie has a lot of brothers and sisters, and sadly, his father dyed when Billie was only ten.

At that moment, Tre was talking about a three-legged dog that he saw a week ago; it really freaked him out.

"It was a bull dog too." Tre smiled.

"How come you see the weirdest things?" Mike asked him.

Tre thought about it for a second, "I don't know," he said, looking into space.

You were laughing so hard at the conversations that you guys were having, that you lost track of the time.

Right when you were ready to tell the guys that you were going to leave, you saw Jamie walk in the room with a girl, and they were holding hands. Your heart skipped a beat when you saw them, even though you knew already that he was cheating, it still hurt to actually see them up close like that. You felt like the tears were just going to pour out right there, but you held them in.

"I have to go," you said, getting up. All of them looked at you, very confused, because you just left like that.

You went into the washroom, looked into the mirror, and started to cry. There was no one else in the washroom; it was only you. You looked around, noticing that the place was a mess, but you didn't really care; the only thing you really cared about was the fact that Jamie could just do all this stuff to you; it's not fair.

"Nikki... are you okay?" A voice at the door asked.

You turned around, only to be faced with Billie, peaking into the washroom.

"Can I come in?" he asked.

"I guess... but it's the girls washroom," you told him, wiping a tear away from your cheek.

"I don't mind," he said, walking in, "I'm very in touch with my girlish side," he smiled.

"Fun," you sarcastically said, rolling your eyes annoyed.

"Okay... not funny, I guess," Billie scratched his head.

"No, it was. I'm just not in funny mode... I guess," you said, placing a strand of hair behind your ear.

"Sorry..." he said, "So..." he came more into the washroom, by your side, "What's wrong?"

"My boyfriend..." you sighed.

"All right... what about your boyfriend?"

"He's a fucktard!" you rolled your eyes.

Billie brook out laughing. You guessed he was amused by the word 'fucktard.'

"Billie, it's not funny," you made a little giggle when you said the last part.

"Okay, sorry. Go on," he held back the rest of his laughter, "What happened?"

"He's cheating on me," you told him, looking down at your converse.

Billie was silent for a moment; you guessed he felt like a jerk for laughing.

"Nikki, I'm sorry," he pulled you into a hug.

"It's okay... I guess," you told him, getting out of his hug.

"How do you know?"

"I've been with him for a year, and he's been cheating on me the whole time."

"Why do you stay with him?" he asked with a bit of concern in his voice. You shrugged. "You should leave him."

"I know, but I love him," you looked back down.

Billie put his arm around your shoulder, "You know I went through the same problem that you're going through."

"I heard... Tre told me about that," you looked back up at him, "What happened?"

"Well... I was with my ex-girlfriend for about five months before she started cheating. We were going fine, until I found out that she was seeing this other guy named Greg. And I loved her, I loved her a lot."

"What did you do?" you asked, paying full attention.

"For awhile I didn't do anything, I didn't want to do anything, because I loved her too much to leave her. That's what love does to you, it makes you do crazy things. After a while I couldn't take it anymore, the lying, fights, cheating, and especially the fact that we were practically lying to ourselves mentally. So I broke up with her, and now that I think of it right now, I'm glad that I did," he smiled after the last part, which made you smile.

That actually helped.

"Thanks Billie," you weakly smiled, giving him a little hug, and then letting him go.

"No problem. You shouldn't be with a guy like him; you're too good. And you should be with someone who loves you back and you trust," he smiled; you smiled back.

There was a moment of silence.

"Are you going to be okay?"

"Yea... I think I am. Thank you so much, Billie."

"Anything to help," he smiled.

You noticed him check you out for a second, which made you smile even more.

"I'll be out with the guys, okay?"

"Okay," you nodded, smiling.

Billie left the washroom.

You turned around and looked in the mirror, smiling to yourself.

Billie's a nice guy; and he smells nice; and he has a cute smile; and he's really good with solving problems...

Wait! No! Do I have a thing for him? I can't, I just met him. So I can't, or can I?


The washroom door opened. The girl that Jamie was with came in. She was blond, and very spoiled looking. For once you felt confident to stand up for yourself, and finally do the right thing.

You walked up to her and tapped her on the shoulder.

She turned around.

"You know what? You can have Jamie. Marry him for all I care!" you spat at her.

You turned around and walked away, leaving her dumbfounded and confused.

"What?" you heard her mumble right before you left the washroom.

You walked onto the dance floor, feeling free and confident. When you saw Jamie you stopped and tapped him on the shoulder and waited for him to turn around.

"Is that you, baby?" he asked, thinking that you were that blond bimbo in the washroom.

"Mhmm!" you mumbled.

He turned around smiling, but his smile quickly dropped when he noticed that it was you and not whom he thought it was.

"Nikki! What are you doing here?!" he asked nervously.

"No! More like what are you doing here?" you walked more up to him, making him back away, "I thought you had to work?"

"Change of plans," he nervously smiled.

"Bullshit, you back stabbing two timer!"

"I don't know what you're talking about," he looked around, noticing that the whole club was watching everything.

"Sure you don't!" you pushed him a little.

"Okay, baby, I'm so sor-"

"Save it!" you cut him off, picking up a beer off a table beside you and throwing it at him, "I don't want to listen to your bullshit anymore! We're over!"

You walked away with a huge smile on your face, leaving Jamie looking dumbfounded and a massive crowd clapping for you.

You walked up to the booth where the guys were.

"Hey guys!" you smiled.

They all started clapping.

"That was awesome!" Mike smiled.

"Good job!" Billie and Tre said in unison.

"Thank you! Thank you!" you smiled more, "Can we go now?

"Yes." Tre smiled.

Everyone grabbed their jackets and left Gilmans.

When you were all outside, all three of them were yelling and cheering for you. Tre picked you up and placed you over his shoulder.

"WOO HOO!!" he shouted.

"WHA HOOOO!!" Billie and Mike shouted.

You all got into Tre's car and drove over to your house.

The house looked silent, which was probably because your parents just went on a business trip that morning, and Kyle was only home from college on the weekend.

"Do you guys want to come in?" you asked as Tre pulled into the driveway.

"Okay!" they all smiled.

All of you got into the house and sat in the living room. Tre got beers from his car, and you brought out some chips and dip. You were on the sofa, sitting with Billie, Mike was sitting on a chair, and Tre couldn't stop pacing around the room and talking about what you did to Jamie.

"That was so fucking awesome!" Tre exclaimed.

"It really was, Nikki," Mike said, while doing a little clap, which made Billie and Tre clap too.

"Thank you, and I'm glad that I got the support from you guys," you smiled.

"You are so welcome!" Billie smiled, making you smile even more.

"For that, I'll have your back any day!" Tre smiled.

"Alright, alright, Nikki's had enough for one day. Let's just watch a movie," Mike chuckled.

"Okay, what movie?" Tre asked, bending down to look at the movie stash. Mike also bent down on the floor next to him to look through all the movies. They were both making noise as they dropped the movies on the floor, and at the same time arguing over what movie to watch.

"I'm so proud of you," Billie whispered into your ear, making you look up at him and smile.

You sighed happily; Billie is so charming.

Tre and mike finally agreed to The Exorcist. You couldn't stand that movie, because you hated horror movies.

Throughout the whole movie you were scared, and at scenes you'd jump.

"Look at her!" Mike shouted when the girl was twisting her head around.

You jumped.

You felt so scared that you couldn't even watch anymore, you had to look another direction.

You were looking at the wall when you felt something go into your hand. You turned around to see what it was. You saw Billie smiling at you, as he locked his hand into yours; you smiled back at him. You kept holding his hand throughout the movie.

Sometimes you'd feel like someone was glimpsing at you or just staring at you, that's what you felt right then. You looked around the room, trying to find whatever it was that was giving you weird feelings. That's when you saw Tre looking at you and Billie holding hands. You'll never forget the expression he had on his face; he looked so sad and hurt.

Shit!
♠ ♠ ♠
comment / subscribe / banners

Lurve, Tami Wright-Cool