Status: Active

Poprocks and Coke: If I Can't Have Both, Which Do I Choose?

Drama Never Seems to Leave

Image
****************************************************************************************************

"Tre, please help me. I'm so confused," you cried out to him, "I've never gone through this before."

"Let's go sit down," he grabbed your hand. The both of you sit on the sofa; "I feel bad for getting you into this."

"Don't... I really like you, Tre."

"I like you too, but I'd rather you as a friend then nothing at all."

"What do you mean?"

"I'm saying that I think it would be better if we were just friends..." Tre said.

He does have a point. It's better to be friends then nothing at all.

"What do you think?"

You looked up at him.

"I guess that would work out.." you weakly smiled at him; he does the same; "Would you like something to drink?"

"Sure; do you have any root beer?" he asked as you got up to go into the kitchen.

"Yep!" you yelled to him.

You got the root beers and got back into the living room.

"Here you go," you handed it to him.

"Thanks," he smiled, "I think we'd make the best of friends."

"Yes me too," you said as both you and Tre opened your root beer cans.

As Tre opened his, the root beer started to reach to the surface and drip a bit over the can. He licked the liquid before it hit the ground.

Gosh, he is so gorgeous. No! Stop thinking about him like that!

"Do you want to watch some TV?"

"Sure," he said as he took a sip of his root beer.

The both of you watched TV but it felt awkward, because you guys weren't speaking a word to each other. At times you'd see Tre glimpsing at you and you'd glimpse back at him, but he'd turn his head very quickly.

"Have you ever heard of feeling chemistry when kissing?" Tre broke the silence.

Yes.

"Do you want to try that?" you asked while putting your root beer on the table.

Tre nodded.

"Yea, I really want to know if there's chemistry between us."

"Me too," you sat closer beside Tre.

You put your arms around Tre's shoulders; he put his hands on your waist. The both of you kissed deep and passionately for along time.

"What do you think?" he asked after the both of you broke the kiss. The both of you were in a daze after kissing. However, once you started thinking about it, you noticed that there was no real chemistry.

"I enjoyed it a lot, but I didn't feel anything special," you tell him gently, "What did you feel?"

Tre looked at you for a second, and then took his hands off your waist.

"Yea, I didn't feel anything either," he half smiled.

He must have wanted to feel a special connection.

"At least we can be friends now," you smiled.

"What about Billie; are you going to start dating him?"

"I don't think so. I mean, I just got out of a relationship today. I'll keep in touch with him; if you could tell him that for me?"

"Sure I will." Tre smiled; you smiled back.

"Thanks."

There was silence for a moment.

"I got to go. You know, I got work tomorrow."

"Okay."

Tre put his jacket on.

You walked him to the door; "Bye," you smiled at him as he opened the door to leave.

"Bye," he smiled back.

You watched Tre walk to his car and leave.

Finally, no more stress.

As you walked back to the TV, you heard the phone ring.

You walked into the kitchen and grabbed the phone;

"Hello?" you said happily into the phone.

"Did you guys do it?" Natasha asked.

"No..." you told her slowly.

"Fine...no fun there, I guess. So, anyways, what happened?"

"I watched them perform at Gilmans. That wasn't the best part; the best part was that I saw Jamie there; and guess what?"

"What?" she gasped.

"He was with another girl."

"Oh my God! That bastard!"

"I know," you said. "So I went up to him and told him off. Then I threw a beer in his face, and I broke up with him." You smiled at the last part.

"YAY! Good for you! I'm so proud;" You could tell that she was smiling, "So what happened with Tre?"

"Oh, we just decided to be friends." you smiled. At least it's somewhat of the truth.

"That's good... I guess."

"I'd say,"

You hear the phone beep, telling you that you had another call coming through.

"Natasha, I got to go; I have another call."

"Bye," she said right before she hung up.

"Hello?" you said to the other person on the other line.

"Hey, Nikki... it's Billie."

"Hey, Billie," you smiled, "What's up?"

"Well, I called because I heard from a little faerie - cough, cough Tre Cool - that you were single."

"Yea, I am, but I kind of want to stay single for awhile," you explained to him.

"Oh..." he said, sounding kind of upset.
"
Is that okay?" you asked.

"Yea, it's fine. It's just that..." he stopped, "never mind..."

"No, tell me..." You sit down on the chair next to the phone.

"Well..." he started, "I kind of wrote you a song that I was going to sing to you over the phone, but I guess there's no point now."

You felt speechless.

Wow...

"I'm sorry. I feel so stupid right now; I'll just go."

You heard the beeping because he hung up.

Could this night be anymore dramatic?
♠ ♠ ♠
comments / subscribe / banners

Love Tami Wright-Cool