Status: Active

Poprocks and Coke: If I Can't Have Both, Which Do I Choose?

I'm All Ears

Image

School sucked. It was so boring. You also got into a lot of trouble for being late and for skipping the first few periods.

As you walked outside to walk home, you see the golf cart but no Green Day.

Where are they?

"That was so fucking awesome!"

You heard from behind you.

You turned around to be faced with Mike.

"You're fucking awesome!" Tre came running up to you, and then put his arms around you, and picked you up, "You're the best."

"Thanks," you smiled as you tried to get out of Tre's bone breaking hug.

You got out of his hug, and then turned to Billie who was right beside you.

"Thank you so much. You have no clue how much shit you got us out of," he smiled then hugged you.

"You're welcome," you smiled at him.

As he let you go, you started to lose focus because you got sidetracked by the sparkle in his eyes.

"We'll take you home," Tre broke the silence.

"Thanks..." you said to Tre but was smiling at Billie.

All of you got into the cart and drove off to your place.

"Thanks for taking me home guys," you smiled.

You began to walk into you're house, but right when you were about to close the door, you noticed Billie, Mike, and Tre coming up to the porch.

They must want to come in.

"May we join you for a cup of tea?" Mike joked, making you giggle.

"Sure... why not?" You opened the door for all of them to come in; they do; "Do you guys want anything?" you asked as you led them into the living room.

"Coke?" Tre asked.

"Sure."

You went into the kitchen and got them the cokes.

When you came back, they looked like they had made themselves at home. Tre had his feet on the table, Mike undid his belt and he was flopped out across the sofa, and Billie was playing with your kitten, Layla.

"Here;" you put the cokes on the table for them to pick out their own.

"Thanks," they all said.

When you went to go to the sofa to sit with them, the phone rang.

"I'll get that," you told them as you got up and went back into the kitchen.

"Hello?" you said into the receiver.

"Hi, Nik..."

It was your dad; he didn't sound too happy...

"How was your day?" he asked.

"Hi, dad. I just came back from school," you told him, "How was your day?"

"Nik, you better sit down..." he told you.

Oh God! What's happened?

You sat on a chair.

"Okay... what's wrong?" you tried to keep your voice quiet so the guys wouldn't think that something was wrong.

"Your mother and I are going to stay with Kyle for a few days."

"Why?"

"Last night..." he started to hesitate over the phone.

"Dad... what happened?" you urged.

You felt your heart begin to race and tears started to form.

"Kyle got hit by a drunk driver,while he was driving back to school."

You felt yourself freeze when he told you that; It was so unexpected. Even though you never got along with Kyle, he was still your brother and you wouldn't want him getting hurt. The tears slowly started to fall from your eyes.

"Is he okay?" you sobbed into the receiver, trying to keep your voice down but it was hard.

Why is it so quiet in the the other room?

"We don't know yet, Nikki. We'll be gone for about a week."

"Okay..."

"Be good and do all your usual chores."

"Dad..." you started, "can you call me when you know what condition he's in?"

"I will... I have to go. Take good care of the house... Bye."

"Bye, dad." You hung up the phone.

You turned stepped over to the open wall that connected to the living room slowly to look into the living room. All three of them were looking at you with a lot of concern.

You walked up to them as if you were in a daze because you couldn't believe what had just happened to Kyle.

They all looked at you with such concern in their eyes. You knew you wanted to cry but you didn't want to with them around staring at you.

"What happened, Nikki?" Tre asked.

What happened?

You didn't want to tell them so you made up an excuse to leave...

"I'm going to go take a shower..." you said still looking like you were in a daze.

You walked out of the room while having the feeling that they were staring at you. You walked up the stairs and got into the shower.

As you were in the shower, you kept replaying the phone conversation that you had with your dad. You began to cry. It felt relieving to get into the shower and just cry.

You got out and put your clothes back on.

You walked into your room.

When you go in you see Billie lying on your bed.

"Hey..." you said a little confused why he was there.

"Hi," he smiled, "I like your teddy bears," he smirked as he held up your teddy bear, 'Mr. McFrosty' from your bed.

"Thanks," you laughed even though you were still upset about Kyle. "So what are you doing in my room?" you asked as you got on your bed and laid beside Billie.

"I wanted to know if you're okay?" he half smiled at you, "You sounded upset when you were on the phone."

Should I tell him?

You got up.

"Oh yea, I'm fine," you told him as you walked over to random directions in your room.

Billie got up and walked towards you.

"You don't seem to be okay..." he said as he followed you around the room.

"I'm fine," you told him again.

Billie grabbed your shoulders to get you to stop pacing around the room. You stopped and turned around to face him.

"What's wrong?" he asked with a lot of concern in his voice.

Instead of just telling him you, began to cry.

He put his arms around you into a hug; "Everything will be okay," he hushed. "You want to talk about it?"

You looked back at Billie; "There's not much to talk about," you explained to him.

"Well, if it helps, I'm all ears," he weakly smiled which made you weakly smile too.

You nodded your head and then sat down on the bed.

Billie sat beside you; "So what's wrong?" he asked, paying full attention to you.

You felt like you couldn't look directly at him while your telling him, so you looked at another direction; "My brother Kyle..." you begin and then took a big breath.

"Alright, now we're getting somewhere... So your brother Kyle..."

"He got hit by a drunk driver last night and now he's in the hospital..." you looked back at Billie who was still paying attention to everything you were saying; "and they don't know if he's going to make it."

Billie stared at you for a minute before answering; "Nikki, I'm so sorry," he said while putting you into another hug.

You put your arms around his waist and placed your head on his chest. He kept holding onto you and didn't let go, until you heard a knock on your bedroom door.

Billie and you turned around to look at who was standing there. It was Tre.

"Nikki, your dad's on the phone... he wants to talk to you," he said looking a little shocked but you didn't take too much notice in his expression.

"Thanks, Tre," you said as you walked to the door while wiping away your tears.

You ran down to the kitchen and picked up the phone; "Hey, dad," you said into the receiver.

"Hi, Niks," he said, "Who picked up the phone?"

Oh God! He's only been gone for half a day and I already have guys over!

"Just my study partner," you lied. "Have you heard anything new about Kyle?"

"No... but when I do, I'll call you right away," he told you. "I just wanted to make sure that you're aware that you have to buy all the food and stuff that your mother and I usually do."

"Yea, I know," you nodded even thought you knew he couldn't see you.

"Okay, well, there's money in the cupboard."

"Thanks, dad."

"Alright, Nikki, I have to go."

"Bye."

"Bye."

Both you and your father hang up.

You walked back into the living room and that was where you saw all the guys sitting on the sofa and watching TV.

"How is everything?" Billie asked as you entered the room.

"It's alright, I guess," you weakly smiled as you tried to get back to your old self.

"What do you guys want to do? I'm bored," Mike said, breaking the tension.

"Let's play spin the bottle!" Tre exclaimed.

Everybody looked at Tre like he was insane.

"Dude... not cool," Mike said.

"Pretty please? I'm so horny!" Tre whined.

"Than go jack off in the washroom," Billie smirked.

"Fine... then I guess we're not playing spin the bottle," Tre frowned.

"Poor, Tre," you giggled.

They all looked at you like you were insane as well, but Tre smiled at you because you said that.

He got up and put his arms around your waist; "You want to help me out?" he smiled.

"Rather not," you giggled.

"Pwetty pwease?" he pouted, "If you don't want to play spin the bottle, the two of us can go into the washroom and do stuff."

"Tre?" Billie started.

Everyone turned to him.

"Didn't you have to be at work five minutes ago?" he pointed out.

Tre stared blankly at him for a second, and then he realized that he was right.

"Oh shit!" he shouted as he ran out of the house.

Everyone stared blankly at each other for a second.

"Oh shit! Tre's our ride!" Mike realized.

Billie and Mike go running to the door leaving you standing confused in the living room. Mike ran out the house, and so does Billie.

Billie turned back into the house and looked at you; "Bye, Nikki!" he said in a hurry and then ran out the house.

By the time the door was closed, you waved even though you knew they couldn't see you.

Right when you were ready to sit on the sofa, the phone rang.

You go back into the kitchen and picked it up; "Hello?" you mumbled into the receiver.

"Talk to me!" Natasha shouted.

"About what?"

"People at school told me that you got into a golf cart with Green Day after school, was this true?"

You laughed lightly, "Yea, so?"

"So? SO?! So you could have invited me."

"Sorry... my bad."

"It really is," she giggled. "Do you want to hang out tonight?"

"Sure... where will we go?"

"Let's go to Burger World."

"Sounds good to me."

"Good! I'll meet you there at 7pm," she confirmed. "I got to go. Talk to you later."

"Bye." You hang up the phone.

You walked over to the sofa and laid down and shut your eyes.
♠ ♠ ♠
comments / subscribe

Banner's in messages please.

Love Tami Wright-Cool