Eight Seconds Left In Over Time

Now You're Gone

Now you’re gone, I realized my love for you was strong
And I miss you here, now you’re gone
I keep waiting here by the phone
With your pictures hanging on the wall

Have you ever felt like everything was falling apart? That suddenly everyone you knew felt so distant, like strangers on the street? Feeling like you didn’t belong. Losing a person that meant the world to you, that you had feelings for, even loved?

The first time that you had ever said those three words, the words that you had pored your heart and soul into, was to that person, and never knowing they had felt the same way the whole time.

But in the end, she was gone. Forever, not returning, and it was all you’re fault. To have the blame fall on you again and again. And not realizing what you had until it was gone, ripped from you’re fingers.

The final breath she took, was with you by her side. And thinking that all she had was a little bit longer, but not realizing that moment would actually come. And all I have to say is, you don’t know what you have until it’s gone, until she fades away, becoming part of the past....

I remember standing there, an overwhelming feeling washing over me.

------->

“Dustin Brown has just put a mind-blowing hit on Tristan Davis! Her helmet has flown off. Oh! Looks like she hit her head, and- is that blood? She seems to be unconscious!”

Evgeni Malkin hit his hand hard on the cold ground, so hard, that blood flowing from it. He was screaming things in his head. Unsure of where he stood in a life with out Tristan Davis.

The Penguins team stood around, not knowing what to do- except cry. The young 20 year old Sidney Crosby was sitting head in hands, uncontrollable crying.

“Evgeni!” Sidney cried. Evgeni was overwhelmed not sure what was going on.

Everything was happening so sudden. His best friend had just died, right after telling her all the feelings he had. And there was nothing that could be changed.

Everything seemed to be going slow motion for Evgeni.

His teammate, Marc-Andre Fleury had his head over a trash can, looking like he had been puking. And in the pit of his stomach, Evgeni felt the same way.

Kris Letang banged on the wall, crying No, Tristan. No.

Jordan Staal, as strong as he may be, had broken down, crying into Tori Jane Letang’s, (or as he refereed to her, his chick) shoulder.

And the rest of the team was doing to the same thing. The only thing that could be heard throughout the room was cries.

If only he had been able to save her, what could he had done? Was he really to blame? Dustin Brown, was he the killer? But it was just a simple game of hockey, he didn’t mean to kill the girl, right?

The faint sound was ringing in the back of Evgeni Malkin ears. He looked up, seeing the line move up and down.

What? Evgeni thought, raising up off of the ground.

"M-monitor," he muttered, looking around the room, but seeing no one heard him. "Her monitor," he said once again, louder this time. He felt like he was going to be sick. Why couldn't anyone hear him? Evgeni was very confused.

"LOOK!" Evgeni yelled at the top of his lungs. Everything seemed to be paused, no one was moving, or speaking or crying. "Listen! Please, hear me!" he cried again, beginning to panic, seeing as Tristan's monitor was slowly moving up and down.

It was time Evgeni took this into his own hands.

Evgeni ran over to the bed.

"Tristan!" she blinked once, and then nothing. "Tristan, are you alive?" he asked, reaching for her hand.

"HELP!" everything was silent. Why couldn’t he be heard?

Please, Tristan. Somebody, anybody! HELP!” Evgeni felt like he couldn’t breath. Tears once again fell down his cheeks. “Tristan?” He needed to tell her. “Tristan. I want this to last forever. I want to be with you forever,” he told her, rubbing her hand.

Tristan’s eyes fluttered open.

Tristan!” Evgeni cried pushing the tears from his face.

W-what?” she stuttered, not able to sit up.

At that moment, everyone was once again loud, the room filled with crying.

“Where am I?” Tristan asked, looking dazed around the room.

“You’re at the hospital,” Evgeni said, rubbing her hand, as the people in the room stared.

“Who are you?” she asked, pulling her hand out of Evgeni’s grip.

What does she mean, who am I? Evgeni thought, stepping back, tears falling even harder down his face.

“I see, she’s lost her memory.”

“WHAT?” the boys, minus the motionless Evgeni cried.

“Is it temporary?” Sidney asked, standing suddenly next to Evgeni.

“I’m not sure yet. It could be, but then again, it could be permanent.”

“She’s lost her memory?” Evgeni whispered, looking at the scared Tristan. “Tristan. You don’t rememberer me?” he asked, walking slowly towards her.

“Who are you? I don’t understand, where am I? And why do you keep calling me Tristan?" she asked, tears falling down her face. “Why does my head hurt so bad?” she gripped it tight.

“She doesn’t remember?” Evgeni asked himself. He was scared, and felt oh-so alone.

Five seconds ago, Tristan Davis was dead to the world. But now, she was back, and didn’t remember a thing. She didn’t remember who she was, or what had happened. Or even Evgeni, then man that she had said she loved. Was it a lie? Why did Tristan not remember what had happened five minutes ago?

“You’re name is Tristan Davis. You are eighteen and you play for the Pittsburgh Penguin, the first women in the National Hockey League. How do you not remember that?" Evgeni yelled, suddenly very mad, but it wasn’t Tristan’s fault.

“Evgeni, don’t yell.” Sidney said, trying to calm him down. But it wasn’t working.

“How do you not remember? Not remember who I am?” Evgeni asked, stepping towards the girl. Reaching out and stroking her cheek.

She flinched, moving away.

“Stop. STOP!” she cried, pushing Evgeni away.

Was she gone? Forever Leaving him?

“Tristan.”

Evgeni turned around, running out of the room, and out of the building.

How does she not remember? Evgeni couldn’t bear it anymore. He jumped in his car, heading towards their house.

Feeling all of a sudden, like he didn’t belong...

Now you’re gone, I realized my love for you was strong.