Status: Working on another story while I fight writers block.

Poison: Origin

Image
The alarm rings, I get up get and get ready for school. I change into my school clothes and sit on my bed, but I'm still tired, so I figure, 'I can lay down. Just for a little bit.' I lay on my bed looking at the ceiling. My room is somewhere between being lit and being dark. The sun seems to refuse to rise any faster. My eyes feel heavy and I think to myself, 'I'll just close them and wait for the sun.' Closing my eyes, I take a deep breath, and open them again. I see sun fully lighting my room. I run out of my room just barely managing to grab my bag. As I run past the kitchen I see my mom. 'You're still here!' she says. I ignore her and quickly grab a piece of toast, tell my mother goodbye, and head towards the door.

That is my usual routine every morning. There are those very rare days in which I manage to get everything done and I get to walk to school. I walk past coffee houses and smell the delicious burning coca beans. I smell the tempting smells of many fast food places. I walk past small shops and see beautiful party dresses that I wish I had enough courage to wear. I notice the beautiful flowers and the small creatures beginning to gather food for the day. It is these days that I love the most.

I'm not very much a morning person, as you can see. Everyday I sprint to school, which is a good two miles away, and arrive within ten minutes. Everyday I get there just in time to spend a few minutes with my friends and catch my breath before the bell rings and we all head to class. Today, however, was just a little different.