You Belong To Me

Deux

I trudged up the stairs, replaying the days events in my head again.

Curtis had walked me all the way back to my bus, even though his car was parked in the lot on the completely opposite side of the school.

Even though he looked slightly similar to Oliver, the two were nothing alike.

Curtis was sweet and flattering where Oliver was crude and obnoxious.

I heard a door open when I neared the top of the stairs and looked up.

A guy I recognized as one of Oliver's bandmates had his head sticking out of a crack in the door.

"Oli, this her?" the guy asked.

Oliver stuck his head out of the door too.

"Ew, gross, no," he said.

I ignored both of them and continued down the hallway.

"Come on. She's not gonna show, and I hate to break it to you," the friend said, "But your new sister's hot."

I kept walking and smiled at the sound of Oliver's exasperated sigh.

"Oi! Adam!" he called, "Come back here for a minute, yeah?"

I halted in the middle of the hall.

"Quel, moi?" I asked, in utter surprise.

It was the first time he'd ever spoken to me without an insult implied.

"Just get your fat arse over here!" he growled.

"Si tu est juste alle a insulte moi!" I said, starting down the hallway again.

"He's sorry!" his friend shouted, then muttered under his breath, "You need her. The deadline-."

"Alright, alright. I'm…sorry," Oliver muttered in defeat.

A smiled and skipped back to the door.

"You need me?" I asked. He grimaced.

"Just get in here."

Oliver grabbed my arm and pulled me into his room.

I was completely surprised.

For such a sloppy person, his room was amazingly neat.

The only visible clutter was a stack of boxes, piled haphazardly in the corner.

There were rapid clicking noises behind me.

Oliver was bent over his computer, shirtless, of course, tattoos spanning across his upper back.

The friend stepped in front of my view and smiled.

"Matt Nicholls," he said, extending his hand out.

I smiled politely and flintily, thinking of how much it would piss Oliver off if I got friendly with one of his friends.

"Bonjour, Adamè Deacoup," I shook his hand, making sure to accent the "e".

"Have you done any modeling work?" he asked.

"Modeling?" I asked, puzzled.

Matt opened his mouth but Oliver smacked him in the back of his head.

He had a cigarette hanging out his mouth and was digging around in the pocket of his tight jeans.

"Listen, Adam," he said, finally managing to light his cigarette. He inhaled then blew it out slowly, "We got in a new shipment of shirts with new designs. The pictures need to go up tomorrow and our model is a no show. You in?"

I shrugged.

"I guess so…"

"Great!" Matt said.

He jogged over to one of the boxes, ripped it open and after digging through it, he tossed a shirt at me, "Go put that on."

I turned for the door but Oliver stopped me.

"Wait just a tick," he said, running to his closet and tossing me a pair of jeans.

I went to the bathroom and changed quickly.

I had never done any modeling before so I was pretty excited for it.

I went back to the room and Matt nodded in approval.

"Well," Oliver said, stubbing out his cigarette and picking up his camera, "At least you're a girl. I think…"

I put my hand on my hip.

"Of course, I'm a girl!" I said, "And what about you? Look how tight these pants are! You'd never fit a dick in here, or is just really that sma-."

"Those aren't even my pants," he shot back, "They were left here by the last chick I screwed. She was a helluva lot skinnier than your fat ass-."

"Me fat? Look at you! How much did you eat at dinner last night? Be careful Oliver, if you gain to much weight your boyfriend won't like you anymore."

"I'm nowhere near as fat as you porker and don't even-."

"Oli!" Matt shouted, waving his hands like a white flag, "We've got to do this! She's doing you a favor remember?"

"Right," he gritted his teeth and exhaled, "Right. I'll meet you guys out back then."

I skipped down the stairs with Matt on my heels.

"How long have you been living here?" he asked as we headed to the kitchen.

"Just a month or so," I shrugged, "Still trying to adjust."

"Do you and Oli always fight like that?" he asked as we stepped into the sunlight of the backyard.

I smiled widely at him.

"All the time," I laughed a little. He stared at me, awed.

"What?" I asked self-consciously. He grinned a little.

"Your smile is-."

"Ready?" Oliver asked, pulling on a beanie and carrying a bag.

He started walking and I followed not knowing where we were headed.

Matt and Oliver screwed around in front of me and I laughed along behind them.

Eventually, we reached a low brick wall and stopped.

Oliver started fiddling with his camera.

"Well, go on then," he said bitterly, "We haven't got all day."

"Um…" I said nervously, "I've never-."

Oliver sighed in frustration and handed his camera off to Matt before stomping over to me.

"For the next couple of hours, I'm going to pretend to be nice to you," he said angrily, "It's only to get the shots I want. Don't' get used to it."

I nodded curtly.

His expression immediately softened and the harsh edge to his tone ebbed away.

"Alright, so I need you to relax," he said, there was no trace of a smile on his face, but his eyes were gentle enough, so I relaxed a bit, "Take a deep breath, that's the ticket love. Now just make sure I can always see the front of the shirt."

He backed up a few paces and held out his hand for the camera.

Matt handed it off to him and Oliver started clicking away as my breathing slowed down.

I posed a little and just when I was getting used to it, he stopped.

"Are we finished already?" I asked, confused.

"Change of scenery, change of clothes," Oliver said, tossing me a shirt and leaning down to pull a beer out of the bag he brought, "Change of atmosphere."

"You want me to change out here?" I asked.

Oliver was about to say something mean or rude, but he stopped himself.

"You can go behind the wall," he sighed.

I nodded and jogged around the wall.

I pulled off the old shirt and before I could put the new one on I heard a click and looked up at the camera lens in front of me.

"Oliver!" I shouted, "You pervert!"

I could hear them laughing on the other side of the wall.

I threw on the new shirt, hopped over the wall and threw the other shirt in his face.

"I expect that'll be deleted?" I asked, crossing my arms over my chest.

"Like anyone would want to see y-," he started.

"Hey! What happened to Monsieur Gentil Photographeuse?"I pouted.

He gulped down the last of his first beer.

"Let's go," he said.

We trudged off again until we reached an open cleared meadow.

I walked out to the middle and turned around looking at a little stream in the distance.

'Ready?"

I turned to look at Oliver standing directly behind me.

It startled me.

That's what I told myself when my heart started pounding.

He startled me.

"Sure," I said, "Where do you want me."

He scratched his head a little.

"Here, lay on your back," he said, "Right there."

I layed down on the grass and the sun spread across my face.

I closed my eyes.

"Like this?" I asked. There was a silent pause.

"Perfect" he muttered.

"There aren't too many poses I can do from here," I said, my eyes still closed.

I felt him touching my hair, moving it around.

"You're fine as is."

I smiled a little and opened my eyes a little.

Oliver was already clicking away.

I tilted my face towards the sun.

After a few minutes. Oliver cleared his throat.

"Alright, we're almost done," he said, "Matt!"

I propped myself up on my elbows as Matt came towards us with another shirt.

"Oh, not this madness again," I sighed.

Matt tossed me the shirt and with it, a pair of shorts.

"Ugh! Oliver!" I said.

He rolled his eyes.

"I swear this time, we won't look. You go behind that tree and we'll face the other way."

Matt nodded.

I stomped off behind the tree and made sure they weren't looking before stripping down and quickly pulling on the clothes.

I was totally fine with the shirt, never mind the giant, monstrous shark on the front, but the shorts were a little short to say the least.

I wasn't used to wearing shorts, so I stumbled out self consciously from behind the tree.

The boys heard me and turned around.

"They're a little short…" I said nervously.

Matt whistled, Oliver just averted his eyes.

"Let's just go," Oliver said, starting off towards the stream.

Matt started talking rapidly to Oliver about some new song idea and I listened silently.

I had heard Oliver's band before on a CD, but it usually just sounded like a bunch of noise.

I never thought there was any real planning to it, but the passionate driven look onOliver's face when he talked about their music sent my heart pounding.

Pounding in a way that couldn't possibly be confused for surprise.

It was pure, unadulterated want.

"Adam?"

I looked up.

Oliver peered down at me with confusion on his face and my face burned.

"Are you sick or something?" he asked, feigning concern.

I cleared my throat.

"No," I squeaked.

He raised an eyebrow and flipped his hair.

"I said take your shoes off," he repeated.

"Eh?" I looked around and saw that we were at the edge of the stream.

I pulled off my shoes and walked to the edge.

The water was a little cold, but nothing unbearable.

I grinned and jumped in the shallow edge of the bank, splashing Matt's pants with water.

"Try to be a bit more serious?" Oliver asked irritably.

"Oh, sorry," I laughed.

"Try that tree," he said, motioning to the monster of a tree behind me.

"You want me to climb it?" I asked skeptically.

"Just the lowest branch, don't be a baby."

I slipped my shoes back on and attempted to scale the side of the tree and keep my shorts covering my ass all at once.

I managed to get up on the first branch and sat down, swinging my legs.

I turned my head to the side as Oli started clicking away.

"Are you going or am I?"

I opened my eyes and peered down at them.

"Eh," Oli shrugged, "I haven't climbed a tree in ages."

Matt grinned and took the camera and Oliver pulled off his shirt.

He pulled on the guy's version of the shirt I was wearing and ran over to the tree.

He hoisted himself up and went on the branch on the other side of the tree.

I stood up unsteadily and did a few shots.

I couldn't see what Oliver was doing on the other side, but I imagined him pouting as usual and I started laughing so hard I almost fell out of the tree.

"Focus on the shoot!" Oliver barked.

"Gah, you take this so seriously," I rolled my eyes.

I pouted too, trying not to smile at all.

We finished a little while later, Oliver hopped down the tree and went to grab a beer.

"Are we done?" I asked, still in the tree.

I faintly saw Oliver nod in the distance and jumped down, hoping my shorts didn't ride up.

"When can I see the photos?" I asked, walking up behind him.

He offered me a beer and I shook my head.

"They'll be up tomorrow morning," he said, he cleared his throat, "Good work."

He lifted his beer and Matt did the same.

"Cheers."
♠ ♠ ♠
For BeautyInACarCrash.
Her comment made me smile.

I'm lookin' for five more comments.
Please donate(: