You Belong To Me

Quatre

Curtis and I had been working on the stupid project we’d been assigned for a whole week, and now that it was almost time for holiday all that was left was to do the poster board, and I had opted to do that when Curtis told me how bad he was with safety scissors.

I was a bit miffed that we had a project right before we went on break, and even more pissed off when I found out all my art supplies were missing.

Once I had a poster board and markers together, all I needed was glue and scissors.

After a long moment of deliberation, I decided to go snooping around Oliver’s room for them since he was sort of artsy and he was at band practice.

I walked down the hall and quietly and tredipiciously pushed open the door.

I half expected some sort of alarm to go off and I looked around for a camera or something but there was nothing.

I quickly began my search, not wanting him to walk in on me in his room.

I carefully dug around the room, searching through drawers, and checking under the bed.

I found a lot of disgusting things like packs of condoms, girl’s underwear, etc. and I eventually and fearfully moved to the closet.

There was a mass of clothes, shoeboxes and a little black box on the very top.

I managed to pull a stick of glue out of one of the shoebox and as I wondered where I would find the scissors I knew it would be in that ominous black box.

I stared up at it, wondering first what was in it, and second how to reach it.

I got a leg up from the shelf below and managed to pull the box down before I fell over backwards.

The box practically exploded and the contents spilled out onto the floor.

“Ow, shit,” I mumbled.

I quickly sprang up and shuffled over on my knees to try and get everything back in.

I picked up a stack of zoo magazines in disgust, and dropped them disdainfully back in the box.

A few feet away there was a stack of papers.

They were magazine clippings of more naked women and I dumped those back in the box.

Underneath that were pictures of him and his band, and him and under that…

I heard a door slam and checked my watch.

“Zut!” I said, throwing the pictures back in the box, shoving it back in the top of his closet and grabbing the pair of scissors off the floor.

I ran to the door, but I heard him coming up the stairs.

My breath was heaving as I waited to be caught and I shut my eyes tightly.

The door opened and I waited for the yelling to start I peeked through my eyelid and Oliver wasn’t anywhere.

That’s when I heard the sound of liquid hitting liquid, and exhaled slowly.

I opened the door and stepped out into the hall, wanting to dance in triumph.

I started down the hall.

“Where’d you get those scissors?”

I froze guiltily and had to remind myself that he didn’t know anything.

“Uh, downstairs, in the kitchen,” I shrugged.

I was a horrible liar, so I kept my back to him.

He didn’t say anything so I kept walking to my room.

Just before I went in, he called out again.

“Are you sure you…” he faltered off.

But I knew what he was going to say.

“Are you sure you didn’t open the box? Are you sure you didn’t see…?”

But I did see, and after that moment I couldn’t ever pretend I hadn’t.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry for the big wait, everyone!
I have to go to Summer School (:
It's whatever, I'm excited.
Two subscribers and/or Five comments make for an update!
Let's go, guys!