A Ghostly Romance

Chapter Seventeen

A couple of days passed and I haven't seen or heard from Michael. It really worried me. Did I do or say something to scare away the only person I've ever cared about? Did something happen to him? Will I ever see him again? It scared me not knowing when/if I would see him again. It was like he just disappeared, and I'm not just talking visibly. He showed me a while ago that he has to concentrate a little more than usual in order to appear visible, at least to sensitives (that's what he liked to call it). If he didn't focus, he would disappear. Or at least it looked like he did. He's done it a couple of times when we're alone and he feels extremely relaxed or comfortable. His molecules would detach themselves and leave nothing but a mist in the form of his body, which would disperse into nothingness. I, however, knew he was there. I could feel his presence. Now, I felt nothing. I was alone.

I threw myself on my bed and hugged my pillow close to my chest, wallowing in my self pity. I always managed to screw things up, I thought. I probably scared him away or he just realized what a freak I was. As more and more negative thoughts filled my head, my eyelids slowly closed and I was out like a light, falling into a deep, dreamless sleep.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

I awoke to someone gently stroking my hair. I kept my eyes closed and smiled. Michael must've come back. I felt the hand slowly move down my back, hovering over my bra strap.

"Michael," I mumbled, trying to open my eyes. They felt so heavy.

"Don't worry," a voice whispered. "I'll take care of you now."

I felt someone kiss my forehead and move my hair out of my eyes. I smiled contently intil I realized that I wanted to believe that Michael was here so badly that it wasn't until now that I noticed the voice didn't sound like michael's at all. It was nasally and... My eyes shot open and I rolled off the bed quickly. I found myself looking at Richard sitting on my bed, where I was sleeping only moments before.

"What the hell is your problem?!" I screamed outraged. "What are you doing in my room?!"

It was so strange for me to be like this. I normally ignored whatever it was that was bothering me but this time I was pissed and felt violated. I was also mad that it wasn't Michael who was with me. These strong emotions just burst forward.

"What are you getting so worked up about?" he asked calmly, standing up from my bed. "I thought we had something."

"You're fucking kidding me, right? You disgust me," I said, more pissed than ever. "Who the fuck gave you permission to come into my room?"

"Theres no need to be angry, love," he said, walking towards me as if trying to calm me down. He wrapped his arms around me and I pushed him away.

He looked at me surprised. "I thought you loved me too."

I slapped him across the face hard, leaving a red mark in the shape of my hand on his left cheek. "Get the hell out of my room right now you pervert."

"But-"

"OUT!" I screamed slamming the door in his face.

I walked to my bed seething. That freak walked in here like he owned the place! Touching me like that...i need to calm down, I told myself. I took a couple of deep breaths and within minutes I was in my neutral mood, where I was neither happy nor sad about anything. I was just there. Maybe this is the best way to do it, I thought. If I don't care about anything or anyone, I won't get hurt. I sat up in my bed and took out my sketch pad from underneath my bed and began drawing mindlessly. It wasn't long before I found myself asleep again.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

***MICHAEL'S POV***

After I was sure Dani was asleep I went into her room. I can't keep doing this to her...I thought. Without realizing it I made her fall for me and I fell for her. I chuckled dryly. Who would have ever guessed that even after dying, I'm still as charming as ever. I sighed and carefully took the sketch pad out of her clenched hands.

She had two pages of close, angular shapes. It looked like a mosaic of some kind. After looking over the blended shapes, a specific one caught my eye. In all the clutter, there was a small angular heart with cracks running across it. I held the notebook closer to my face and saw that there wasn't just one broken heart, but thirteen. As everyone knows, that was an unlucky number. I replaced the notebook in her hands and pressed my lips gently against her cheek. She sighed contently before rolling over, her back facing me. That's how it should be, I thought, feeling the molecules spread further than they already were. She shouldn't even know I exist.

****DANI'S POV****

I shot upward from my bed, my heart racing. My eyes darted across the room in some sort of frenzy, expecting to see something or someone. I was alone, just like before. I placed my hand on my cheek, feeling a slight tingling sensation. I mustve had a dream or something, I thought. My heart beat slowed and I laid back in my bed. Sighing, I placed my notebook in it's original spot under the bed. I stared at a spot on my wall, unable to fall asleep again.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry it took so long for these chapters to come out. Thank you for your patience. I hope you enjoyed it. As always, leave a comment telling me what you would like to see happen or any tips to make my writing better. I'm all ears. Well, eyes technically since I can't actually hear you. Anyway, you know what I mean.

~~Kacy!~~