A Ghostly Romance

Chapter Twenty-Two

I stared at the book I had thrown at the wall. I felt anger bubbling inside me and threw the notebooks that were on my desk onto the floor. How could he leave me like this? Doesn't he care how how I feel? How much pain I'm in? Obviously he doesn't. He doesn't give a damn.

"I hate you, Michael!" I screamed, tears streaming down my face as I threw my small trash bin across the room. "I hate you so much! I hope I never see your face again!"

I ran to my bed and knocked my pillows off of it. As I tried to throw the blankets off my bed, my feet got tangled and I fell to the floor with a thud. I sobbed into my sheets and pulled a pillow close to my chest. 

"I hate him, I hate him," I whispered into my pillow. I shook my head, knowing that could never happen no matter what he did to me. "I love you with all my heart, Michael. I'd do anything for you."

I lied on the floor, feeling like a hysterical person. I curled into a ball, hugging the pillow closer to me. What was I going to do without him? 

*****MICHAEL'S POV*****

Dani fell asleep quickly, physically and emotionally drained. I felt like shit knowing that I did this to her. I was just happy that since she was sleeping, she wouldn't feel as bad. Well, I wasn't too sure about that. Even though she was sleeping, she was still crying. I hated seeing her like that. I cringed at the memory of her saying that she hated me.  I never knew something could hurt so much. The bullet was nothing compared to that. 

It's for the best...no matter how many times I said that, I couldn't bring myself to believe it. I wanted nothing more than to be with Dani right now. I loved her with all my being. I didn't know a feeling as intense as this was possible, until I met dani. I fell for her instantly. The moment I met her I knew she was the one for me; that we were meant for each other; that I'd never feel this way for anyone else. 

Why am I keeping myself away from her then? I watched as Dani slept, whimpering in her sleep. Her black hair stuck to her tear-stained face. I couldn't let her just give up her life for me. Nothing could come from us being together...no matter how much I wanted it to. But...I loved her. I have to be with her. I hated myself for being so selfish. Was I really going to let her throw her life to waste just so I could have a moment of happiness? 

I yelled out in frustration and punched the wall beside me. My hand went straight through. I looked down at Dani and then at the wall and my hand. This is what was keeping us apart. Feeling defeated, I sat in the darkest corner of the attic, held my head in my hands, and cried.  

*****DANI'S POV*****

I woke up on the floor of my bedroom, my hair tangled around my face. I didn't move. I stared at the closet door from where I was lying. He hadn't come for me like I thought he would. Maybe he doesn't want me...I sat up, pulling my tangled hair into a pony tail. What happens when your soul mate doesn't want you?

I shook the thought from my head. That can't happen. We were made for each other. The only thing keeping us apart is the fact that I'm alive and he's not. A brilliant idea came to mind. I ran into my parents bathroom and opened the medicine cabinet filled with a sorts of medication. I grabbed all of it and brought it back into my room, closing the door behind me. If I killed myself, there wouldn't be a problem anymore. We'd both be dead. We could be together. 

I looked at the different bottles of pills. How much should I take? I didn't want to wind up awake in a hospital getting my stomach pumped. Everyone would think I was crazy. I'd have to go get counseling. I guess I should take it all, I thought. I opened the bottles and poured th pills onto my bed. There were so many...I took a handful and looked at the closet door. 

"This is for you, Michael," I whispered. "For us."

Tilting my head back, I dropped the pills into my mouth and tried swallowing. A few pills got stuck in my throat and tried coughing them back up but they were stuck. I couldn't breathe and I started panicking. This isn't how I wanted to go. I'm suffocating!  I desperately scratched at my throat, but but it was in vain. The pills were firmly lodged in my throat. They weren't going anywhere. My vision dimmed until all I saw was complete darkness.  
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm sorry it's so short. Another chapter will be out soon. I'll try at least. I know where this story's going, but it's so hard to get it down on paper (so to speak). Leave comments, etc. You know the drill. Thanks for reading. Hope you liked. =D