A Ghostly Romance

Chapter Twenty-Four

Chapter 24

I slowly opened my eyes and saw that Michael was still lying next to me with his eyes closed. I smiled and ran my hand over the outline of his face. The mist swirled until it returned to it's normal position. Michael's eyes remained closed. He usually responded when I did stuff like that. 

"Michael?" I "touched" his face again, but his eyes still didn't open. I reached to shake his shoulder but my hand went through him. Freaking out a bit, i jumped up and down on the bed, hoping to get his attention. The bed went through him each time it went up. 

"Michael? Please wake up..." He didn't move. I moved my hand through him back and forth. The mist swirled around my hand before going back to Michael. As it reformed his body, it began fading, something I haven't seen happen before. it continued fading until Michael disappeared all together. 

I desperately moved my hands over where he was lying moments before. He was gone, not just invisible, but gone. I could feel it. I sat up and groaned, still looking at his empty spot next to me.

This hasn't happened before...it's like he didn't even hear me. I couldn't help but feel extremely worried. I tried to shake off that uneasy feeling while I got dressed. Each time I passed my room I would glance inside to see if Michael came back. Each time I was disappointed to find it completely empty. 

As pathetic as it sounds, I had no idea what to do without him. I was completely bored with absolutely nothing to do. It's not like I had any friends...I sighed and laid on my bed, flipping through a magazine I found on my floor. I smiled when I passed a picture of a blue bikini with white polka dots. Michael always knew just what to say to make me feel better about myself. And the funny thing is that he really seemed to mean it when he said I looked amazing. I smiled remembering when he hugged me and caught me off guard. I wrapped my arms around myself trying to remember how it felt. 

I looked up through my open door and saw Richard standing in the hallway, watching me with a weird look on his face. I stood up, getting ready to slam the door in his face when I heard someone knocking on the front door. I gave Richard a dirty look before running downstairs. 

I quickly unlocked the front door and the smile wiped off my face when I saw Amelia. Her blonde hair looked an even golder blonde in the sun and made her look even tanner in her jean skirt and pink tank top. She removed her sunglasses and placed them on the top of her head. 

"Hey, weird girl," she said, reminding me of when we were at the pool. "I know you stole my boyfriend."

"What are you talking about?" I asked, keeping my foot behind the door, weary of her intentions. Did she come here for a fight?

"Kevin broke up with me last night," she said, smacking bubblegum in her mouth. "He told me he had a 'better opportunity.' I asked if he meant you since he's been over here all the time. He said yes."

I was a little confused. Kevin hasn't come over in a while. I haven't seen him at least for a week or more...

"Could you imagine my surprise when he said that? I mean, look at you!" she said, eyeing me over. "I didn't think I had anything to worry about but, hey. I've been wrong before."

I continued watching her, feeling my shoulders tense. 

"Dont worry, weird girl," she said, raising her hands and taking a step back. "I'm not here to kick your ass, even though I should. I had another guy on the side, my safety net. It's all good."

"Then why did you come here?" I asked. 

"To warn you. He's got anger problems and he's kind of possessive. I could handle him but I doubt you could. I made sure he took his meds but he hasn't in a while." she said, sighing. "I'd be careful if I were you."

I raised an eyebrow, skeptical of what she was telling me.

She turned around and put her sunglasses. "Yeah. I wouldn't believe meeither. After all, why would anyone want to help the girl that stole her boyfriend?" She shrugged and began walking away. "He can get a little out of control," she said. "Keep that in mind."

She hopped into her car and drove away. I closed the door and walked back to my room. Should I believe her? As I walked upstairs I saw Richard standing in the same place as before, with the same weird look on his face. 

"They think you're beautiful," Richard said. "I do too." 

I muttered "freak" before I locked my bedroom door behind me, still thinking. I looked around. Michael was no where in sight. He'd know if I should believe her or not.            
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry it took too long. Feedback makes me happy. Keep reading, my darling readers. Its going to keep getting better.