Status: Basically on hiatus.

Fighting Addiction.

;two

Work was hectic the next day. I was very greatful for my talent in hangover cures. I was the queen of it.

As I spread the last bit of red dye I'd placed on my young customers head, my co-worker and new female best friend Charlotte ran into the front room with my screaming cellphone in hand. No one seemed to hear it over the loud chatter in the salon, but I heard the distinct yelling of my pissed off boyfriend from the other end of the phone.

"Oli called and I answered, apparently there's no Advil or painkillers or whatever and the boys are being... themselves." I rolled my eyes and snapped off my rubber gloves, tossing them on my table. I grabbed the phone from Charlotte before politely excusing myself from my customer.

I walked to the back, and out the doors, popping a ciggarette in my mouth and lighting it before I even placed that phone near my ear.

"What Oli?"

"Curtis the retard lost our pain killers and Lee has a killer headache and is too stupid to walk home and get his own god damn pain killer. Everyone's bitchy and they forced me to call you." Oli rambled on finishing his speech by yelling at the boys in the background to be quiet.

"And what am I suppost to do about it?"

"Do you know where any are, or when is your break so you can buy your loving boyfriend some sanity pills?"

I sighed, exhaling smoke.

"I just took my break right now to talk to you, but I have a customer to stay with. Go into my closet and into the duffel bag. I think there's something in there you guys can take."

"Thanks love." I scratched my head and sighed once more. "I love you." Oli continued, making me smile. I bit my bottom lip, wishing we could just for once have loving moments like this in person, and alone.

"Love you too, bye."

Oli's line went dead and I closed my phone, popping it into my pocket. I took a drag from my smoke before dropping it.

My head rested back onto the brick wall I'd been leaning back against.

Although the boys had homes of their own, we never seemed to be left alone. I constantly had to deal with their rambunctious and immature behaviour, and as much as I loved them, it was time to grow up. We were all almost 23, and I was about ready to settle down.

Which made me wonder, whether Oli was the guy I was going to settle down with. Whether or not he was ready to grow up and get married, be a father. Drop his drugs, alcohol, and be a responsible adult. I had to wonder whether he could do that, considering that he'd been like the way he was now since he was about 12 years old. It was his life style, and when he started it, he never intended to stop. He was too young to understand what life was going to get to before he really got addicted to the life style.

Would I have to move on to get what I really wanted?

Marriage, children, a remotely calm family.

"Hun, you need to get back to your customer." I turned to see Charlotte peeping her head out the back door with a slightly concerned look on her face. She probably could smell the worry off me. I didn't want to loose Oli, but I wanted something different than what he was.

Unless he could be one of the few men in the world that would actually change.

Pft, yeah 'kay.

I pushed myself off the wall and walked back into the salon. My customer smiled as I walked back in, probably happy that I hadn't run off and that I was there to make sure her coloring was going to be done properly. I walked her over to a sink to wash out the coloring, rinsing out a color that almost looked like blood.

When I was done with her, she was a stunning red head with choppy layers and sweeping bangs. I smiled as I looked at my creation in the mirror.

This was definitly my passion.

I would never give it up to tour with Oli, would I?

I bit my lip, forcing back all thoughts of Oli as I brought the customer to the front of the salon, got a tip, and ran back for another quick smoke before my next appointment.
♠ ♠ ♠
Guhh, I fail at updating.
Sorry :'[

Commenntssss?!!!?!?!?!!