Status: Under revision, new chapters to be released shortly :)

Night Terrors

Attacked

The night had gone by slowly. Dancing was difficult due to the excess of bruises covering my body and the sprained wrist made the pole difficult to maneuver. I was glad when my hours were through and I could take off those torturous heels and the barely there clothing.

I walked into the dressing room and saw that all of the other girls had already been escorted home. It was the worst thing about having the closing routine, because it was so much longer than the others it meant that usually James would get tired of waiting and would leave. This meant that usually Draven was left behind to escort the last girl home. This was the reason the closing routine was bad luck, and I had gotten stuck with it tonight. I was dreading the walk back to the house after my “experience” with Draven earlier.

While pulling off my heels and walking into the bathroom to change I heard Draven walk into the room. I threw the latch across the door only a moment before I heard the doorknob rattle and a fist bang against the door. I grimaced and pulled a shirt over my head and tossed the school girl costume into a corner. I didn’t bother to glance into the mirror as I pulled my hair back and headed towards the door where a steady drum was beating against it and Draven’s voice was cursing loudly.

The moment I opened the door a fist connected with my face and a hand grabbed my throat. I gasped and choked as his hand tightened firmly around my thin throat. Struggling against his grip my knee rammed upwards and I heard him grunt and drop his hands. I darted to the side and around him; suddenly the doorway outside seemed a thousand miles away.

Draven turned around and grabbed my arm, wrenching me backwards and pulling me to the floor, possibly dislocating my shoulder. Flames erupted up my arm and around my shoulder as I cried out in pain. He laughed and kicked me in the ribs while I struggled to stand up again. “You like that Bitch?” He kicked me again, his boot colliding with my side. I fell back, my arm wrapped around my waist and I cursed Draven while sliding over to a chair to boost myself up. He simply laughed as if nothing had happened and grabbed my hair as I went to stand. “What’s the matter kitty? Does it hurt?” He shook my hair and I grabbed my scalp, wincing. “Leave me alone Draven, James will be wondering what’s taking so long.”

“You think he gives a fuck? I can do whatever the hell I want to you.”

I glanced around, wincing as he tightened his grip and brought me to my feet. The fire in my shoulder surged and I grimaced. With my free arm I grabbed the chair and swung it towards Draven, knocking him off his feet as he dropped me. I raced towards the door while he scrambled to his feet. I sidestepped a small table filled with perfume and makeup as he came up behind me and shoved me forward. I lost my balance, falling face first to the ground. My arms automatically came forward and as I caught myself I cried out over the pain swelling throughout my injured shoulder.

Draven noticed my pain and came up beside me kicking the shoulder. Tears trickled down my cheeks as he rained blows on my sides and legs. The more I struggled to get up the more he laughed. “That’s what you get for locking the door on me, whore.”

I grasped the leg of the table and yanked it towards me; it toppled over, banging into Draven and knocking him back and over. Bottles of perfume and makeup fell to the floor shattering and soaking into the floor and my clothes. The smell of flowers and musk permeated the air. I strangled a cough and scrambled to my feet, pushing back the pain as I ran, limping, to the door.

I gasped in the fresh air as I opened the door, I heard Draven getting to his feet and cussing loudly. I blocked him out and ran. Side streets blurred together as I dashed through alleyways and down crowded streets. No one seemed to notice me, and I was glad. After what seemed like hours I found myself in a quiet park where the street lamps caused looming shadows. The surroundings were empty so I found myself collapsing at the foot of an old tree. I breathed deeply, trying to catch my breath, and pulled up my shirt slightly, using the street lamp to survey the smattering of bruises across my stomach.

After tugging it back down I leaned my head against the tree and closed my eyes. In moments I was asleep, the exhaustion overtaking me and the fear of tomorrow waiting for the moment I wake up.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm soooooo sorry it's been so long since I've updated. i'm officially getting back into this story though. Sorry this chapter is pretty short but I needed to end it where I did. Not sure when I'll update again, due to school and stuff, but it shouldnt be too long. I'd LOVE to get some comments on this story, so I'd know if anyone is still interesting in the story.
<333333333333