A Never Feel Emotion

2. My Dirt Pile

My friends were just leaving as we got to back to my house, it was just now dust. This was the earliest they’ve ever left. I was really chocked-shocked, which might be an offbeat thing to say right about now; usually Petra’d stay longer if the others couldn’t, but even she had to go which was weird. I didn’t know if something was up—or if they just had to leave.
“Okay Jaana we’re leaving, I’ll call you tomorrow during school.” She knew I wouldn’t be going to school tomorrow, she read me too well. Scared me a little bit.
“Okay, see ya.” I waved as they walked out my front door, they closed it and I waited a few seconds to make sure they left. Since it was very early for me to be heading to my ‘dirt pile’ but I wanted to go anyway, time to re-think today’s feelings, emotions and insides like I need to.
I already had my shoes on so no need to waste time.

I was just a couple of minutes away from my dirt pile. I looked up at the sky and was confused.
There was a hint of smoke in the air, I could smell it and see it. I looked for the source and it came from my pile-of-dirt, I walked over closely I was right about there, and I hid behind a tree to see if…dirt could be on...fire. I saw a gleamed glimpse of a person sitting there, and I could see just a hint of orange light as someone blew out the smoke. I knew it was cigarette smoke.
I walked closer wanting to know why this person was on my dirt pile.
I was almost there and the person cocked there head. I ducked to the ground like an idiot I made so much noise. I laid on my back and saw the person (Upside down) shrug. And go back to smoking.
I got closer ‘cause I got up to, and I looked at this person, I stood right in front of him. He looked up with the cig in his mouth. He had a innocent look in his eyes, like lost puppy.
He gave me a question look.
“Hi…?” he said, looking into my eyes.
“Hey, who are you?” I asked, I was a little ticked ‘cause someone didn’t say they were using my dirt-of-pile.
“Why do you wanna know?” he asked not even paying attention to the ash that was getting longer by the second on his cigarette.
“Well first. I never’ve seen you around. Two. You’re on my dirt pile.”
He looked down at the dirt pile, and leaned back into it.
“Well if you must know, I’m Bert, and I’ve lived here for two years.” He said duly and taking a drag of his cig.
“I’m Jaana¬—I’ve lived here for two years. Hmm wonder why I’ve never seen you around? Anyway—“
“Small world.” Bert cut me off before I could finish. I went right on though.
“I’ve own this for two years. You?” he smiled at me like he’d win a boxing match or something.
“Two years too,” he said smiling. ’He teeth were actually white even after smoking; wonder how he did it… I shook myself out of that thought.
“Well what time to you come out here?” he asked still leaning on my dirt pile.
“Uh I’d usually come right around ten.” I said looking at him confused.
“Well I come out here about this time, it was just bound that we’d run in to each other.” He said looking at me.
“Guess so…” I said looking up at the sky; it felt a little weird with him looking at me. (At least it did to me)
“SOOOO….” He said taking a long breath out “What should we call it now?” he asked me, I swear I looked at him like he was sick and insane.

“Ooh. Ooh I know, just call it Jaana-Bert’s rock.” he said smiling like an idiot.