You Can Tell Me Anything

True happiness at long last

*Tres POV*

I could not believe the moment that I had dreamed of for so long was about to happen. We were slowly getting closer, closer, closer... Then my cell phone rang. Kat jerked back and the moment was lost. I was so pissed when I got my phone and found out it was Mike.

"What!" I screamed into the phone at Mike.

"Billie jumped in to the pool and smacked his head off the bottom. We have to take him to the hospital NOW! I need you and Kat to get back here!"

He sounded close to tears but I could tell Kat had heard him because she had already started down the tree. I tried to sound as calm as I told him to call 911 and Kat and I are on our way. It seemed to calm him a little but not much. We got out of the tree in under 30 seconds and started running to Kats house. Neither of us said anything but I could see that she already had tears streaming down her face. The second I saw that my heart shattered into a thousand peices.

*Kats POV*

All I could do was run. I couldn't even think. I forgot everything that had happened with me and Tre all I could think was run. Run... Run... Run... Run... Run... Get to Billie. For some reason I thought if I could get there fast enough everything would be ok. It seemed like forever before I could finally see the house, it was then that it all hit me.

*Tres POV*

I noticed that Kat was running a little slower as we passed my house and ran into her yard. She looked at me and that's when I knew that if I ever wanted anything to get better, Billie had to be ok. We ran into the house and saw a note in Mike's very messy hand writing that read

"Kat and Tre,
I called 911 and we're on our way to the hospital. Get down here as soon as you can.
Love Mike."

I looked over at Kat only to see her desolving in tears once more. I grabbed her and wrapped her into a warm loving hug and let her cry into my shoulder. After about 10 minutes she calmed down and pulled away.

*Kats POV*

I couldn't believe all that was going on. I felt so safe with Tre. I knew he knew that too.

"I love you." Was all he said. That was enough for me.

"I love you too." He wrapped me up into another warm hug. After another 10 minutes he told me that we really had to go to the hospital. I don't really remeber much from the rest of that day. I remember getting to the hospital, crying with Mike and Tre, doctors telling us that they were pretty sure Billie was going to be ok, that we should go home and get some sleep and come back in the morning. We dropped Mike at his house and headed back to my house. Tre stopped in the drive way and told me he'd call me as soon as he got up in the morning. I nodded and went inside. The truth is I kinda wished he would have invited me over to his house for a while. Maybe I should call him. Just as I thought that my phone rang. I walked over and picked it up.

"Hello?"

"Hey" said Tre. I smiled it was almost like he could read my mind.

"Whats up?" I asked

"Well I was kinda wondering if you wanted to come over here and spend the night with me. Well like not 'with me' but like in my house... I mean well... Ummmm..."

"Tre! Stop it! I'll be right over." He said ok and I went upstairs to grab some stuff. I packed my cell phone, clothes and some make-up. I was walking down the hall when I heard the door bell. I look at the clock and realized it was after midnight. I was kinda scared to open the door but figured I had to. I mean I was going to have to get to Tre's somehow. I opened the door only to see Tre standing there looking a totally innocent. I smile and asked him what he was doing. He gave me one of those Tre Cool smiles and said

"Well this is a very dangerous part of town and I didn't want anything to happen to you."

He smiled again. I locked the door and followed him over to his house. We walked in and sat down on to watch some tv. I must have fallen asleep because the next thing I knew I felt him lifting me. I woke up and looke at him. He was carrying me up the stairs to his room. I asked him what time it was and he said I'd only been there for about 10 minutes. I blushed a little he smiled at me and said not to worry about it, we'd had a really long day. He carried me into his room and turned on the lights.

"Crap Tre, I forgot my PJ's." Without even thinking he pulled open a drawer and handed me a huge t-shirt that said "Save a drum set... Bang me!" I laughed but took the shirt anyway. He looked at his feet as I changed witch I thought was really cute. After I was ready for bed he came over and gave me a hug and a kiss on the check.

"I love you Kat, and I'll see you in the morning."

"OOh... I love you too Tre."

"What was the 'ooh' for?"

"Umm nothing." He cocked and eyes brow but said ok and got up to leave.

*Tres POV*

I was still wondering what the 'Ooh' was for as I got up to leave but figured I'd ask in the morning. Just as I stood up I felt her hand grab my wrist and pull me back. I turned around and looked at her. Damn why did she have to be so beautiful.

"You could stay here with me if you want. I mean it is your house." I didn't say anything but got up took of my shirt and pants leaving just my boxers. I looked over at her, she was sitting up waiting for me to come over. I turned off the light and walked over crawling under the covers. I could hear her laughing softly as I wrapped my arms around her and pulled her against me.

"Tre... Do you think Billie's gonna be ok?"

"Yeah he'll be fine. I mean he does stupid stuff like this all the time."

"I no, it's just we usually don't have to take him to the hospital."

"Yeah but you don't usually follow me up a tree then come home with me, do you?"

"Ok ok I got your point."

"I love you and I'll talk to you in the morning."

"I love you too Tre."

I stayed up for a while and watched her sleep. She must have been having a bad dream because she cuddled closer to me and tighted her grip on my hand. I waited untill she seemed to be in a more peacefull sleep before I let myself sleep. This was the first night in my life that I've fallen asleep feeling truly happy.