When I Met Him

The Music of Happiness

8 years have passed...

Alex’s POV

I saw lights centered at me. A lot of people are clapping and shouting as I finished my performance. Some are standing while some burst in tears.

I took a bow and exited towards the backstage. As I went, a lot of people congratulated me, shook my hands and, then patted me at my back. Some of the women gave me flowers, a hug and even a kiss in the cheek.

But, none of this, made me happy. Sure, it’s good to be praised, but something is lacking from all of it. And, it makes me agitated even more.

Sighs...

“Having a bad day?”, somebody said.

I turned and saw someone I didn’t expect to come.

“Jin, my man!”, I said as I approached him. We shook hands and hugged.

“How you’ve been?”

“I’m fine, I guess. I got a job as a university coach near here. I thought I should drop by. I heard you’ve became quite a famous musician. Been invited to a lot of programs lately?”

“Violinist, actually. And yeah, I think I have some invitations. I just thought of pursuing it after all. Going pro just doesn’t cut out for me.”, I shrugged.

“Yeah, well, it does suit you. You are after all very good at it. Besides, I think she would be proud to know how you become such an amazing violinist.”

I was silent for a moment, then I said, “Maybe she is.”

“Too bad, though. She never said goodbye to us. The guys and me really miss her. You did told us she wanted to travel. You know, see a lot places and stuff. But, tell me, has she gotten in touch with you? At all?”, he asked curiously.

I took a moment to come up with a right answer, but then finally said, “She did actually. She said she’s fine and is having fun exploring a lot of places.”

“Hmm..I see. Well, that’s good. Umm..can you tell her if she has time, maybe she can hang out again with us. You know, just like old times.”

“Yeah..maybe.. sure..I think. But, I don’t know if she can okay? But I promise to tell her.”
“It’s okay if she can’t. Maybe she can just call or something. We haven’t heard from her for years. And well, she did missed the guys’ weddings.”

“Don’t worry. I’ll tell her.”, I kind of assured him.

“Well, I gotta go now. It’s almost closing time. Wanna ride with me?”, he offered.

“Nah! I’ll stay here for a little bit more. They wouldn’t mind, I think. Besides, I’m getting a little bit nostalgic about..you know.”

“Oh..Oh! Yeah, okay. Forgot about that little detail. Sorry. Well, I’ll head out now okay. And..umm..yeah..so bye! And Happy Birthday!”, he said as he walked out.

“Yeah, bye! Take care going home.”, I called out.

Finally, I was alone. I told the janitor that I would be the one to lock up for the night. After all, I need this place for a little occasion.

I went back at the stage and stood at the center. I closed my eyes while holding my violin with my hands.

“I am proud of you, Alex. Always had and always will be.”, a sweet and gentle voice said.

I smiled and as I opened my eyes, I saw the one person who seemed to complete this night for me. After all, we are one and the same. Twins!

“I know..Angie. I’m glad you came.”

“Yeah, well, I did say I’m gonna visit from time to time. By the way, happy birthday Alex!”, she said as she hugged me carefully. And, thank God, for that!

I hugged her too and said, “Happy Birthday to you too, Angie!”

She grinned as she pulled back and then ruffled my hair.

“You grew! You’re much taller than when I last saw you about 6 months ago. Any girls interesting you lately?”, she said with a grin.

I ruffled her hair back and chuckled. “Maybe. What will you do about it, huh?”

“I’ll interrogate of course! She should be worthy of your attention.”

“Yeah, right. Well about you and Richard, huh? I’ve never interrogated him about your relationship.”, I answered back.

“That’s because you won’t get a chance to do it anyway. So why bother?”, somebody said.

I looked behind Angie and saw Richard walking to us. I noticed how my mother’s necklace is dangling by his neck. There were some changes to make it more..manly but still it’s mom’s necklace, then Angie’s, and now his.

“You sure are so full of yourself.”, I retorted.

He grinned as he hugged Angie from behind and then answered proudly, “I should be. After all, I am the king of vampires now.”

“Really? Congratulations, then.”, I said as we shook hands.

“By the way, how you’ve been Alex? What about Dad? Is he with you?”, Angie asked.

“I’m okay. I have an apartment near here. Dad is still in our old house and still is the resident vet. He..well..kind of misses you very much. He hopes that you can come visit him some time, you know.”

Angie looked kind of sad so I said, “But don’t worry about it. I know he understands. Besides, you do call often. So it’s not that bad.”

She smiled at that as Richard hugged her a bit tighter with assurance. After all, they are a couple now since 7 yrs ago.

“So, do you want my present now?”, I asked.

She grinned and nodded. I told them to sit by the chairs at the front row.

I took a deep breath and placed my violin between my head and shoulder.

Then, I started playing. The one music that me, Angie and my mother is most favourite of all –Ave Maria.

As I started, I noticed Angie and Richard are not sitting by the chairs. They’re at the stage now.

As Angie looked at me, they started to dance in rhythm of my music. I smiled at this and closed my eyes.

Everything was fine. Everything was well.

And most of all, I was happy. Happy for Angie. Happy for Richard. Happy for everyone and everything that has happened.

It was a happy ending after all.

THE END
♠ ♠ ♠
hey guys!!!
so dis is d ending..i hope u liked it...
i'm a little bit unsatisfied by it..but it will do..i think...
hahaha..oh well..i hope u enjoyed my story...
thank u for reading and subscribing..thanks u also for d comments and suggestions...
well u guys hav a nice day now okay..
and pls wait for my NEW STORY..i think u'll like it too...
well see you!!! ^^