Elmo's World

Chapter 3.

Don’t get me wrong – much as I loved (?) Gee, Amy was honestly irritating. You’ll see when we get there.

“Uhm…” I paused, in the midst of making a life-or-death decision. “Okay.”

There. My fate was sealed as tightly as that Cluedo envelope marked ‘X-Confidential’.

Gerard grinned from his perch beside me.

Damn, I can’t stay mad at that face.

“Cool, Frank! I can’t wait.”

“Yeah, same here…”

Hold on a diddley minute, why the hell was I saying ‘yeah’?

Was I doing it for his benefit?

Soul searching was in order here, and there results were…no. Which meant that me, Frank Iero, was genuinely happy to be going to watch a movie with Amy Lighthouse.

...Maybe not so much her. Fang? Nah, I could catch her anyday. Gerard? For the love of god, where was this leading?

…I think too much.

“Frank, why are you staring at me?”

Oh shit. I blinked, snapping back into reality with all the rebound of a glob of snot.

Gee smirked. “You’ve been staring at me like the lovesick teenager you are for the last ten seconds, Frankie. Having designs on me?”

At this, the dude wriggled his eyebrows suggestively. DAMN YOU GEE, I was only thinking. Yeah, that’s it, thinking.

Convinced? If you thought or replied ‘yes’, you MUST be a mental case.

“Obviously,” I blurted out (it was an accident, I swear!), kinda meaning it as a half-joke.

Who ever thought Gerard might do the following?

1) Look at me like I was from Pluto
2) Blush
3) Finish off the whole show with a whack to my shoulder

The mysteries of the human mind, I have a lack of comprehension.

I think there was a period of awkward silence between us before that irritating-as-hell school bell interrupted the aforemented “peace”.

“Uh…” I got unsteadily to my feet, having sat in the same position for so long. Pins and needles, you know that prickly sensation? “Let’s go.”

Gee just stared at me, a small smile playing on his lips.

“Hey, Gee! I’m talking to you!”

What the…?

“Oh,” his eyes lost their glazed look as he blinked, shaking his head to clear away whatever fog that was hanging around. “Okay. Yeah. Let’s go.”

“You’re talking like a spastic.”

The grouchy pout on Gerard’s face told me that he clearly wasn’t pleased.

I took a step forward, then my right leg was attacked by yet another brutal assault of pins and needles, not to mention CRAMPS. God, I hated cramps. The last time I cramped up, I fell down a flight of stairs.

Even the memory was painful, I thought, as I couldn’t help but wince.

Bloody hell. Right now, right this very moment, I was literally frozen on the spot. My leg hurt, and not funny – I meant it.

Gerard stumbled around before regaining his own balance. Maybe I should’ve done that. Guess what? I was still stuck in stasis.

“Help,” I squeaked, as the expected cramp finally broke through in full force. “Ouch!”

“Frank, you okay?”

Gerard was by my side in an instant, concerned eyes peering closely at my face. Was it just me, or were we too close? Nonsense, Iero. You probably think too much, as always.

“Frank…” Gerard hesitated, worried he might do further damage. If he could, I’d be surprised. “Try taking another step forward?”

I winced. Ow, that was going to hurt really bad.

Nevertheless…Step One!

Unlike DIY projects (which were already difficult enough without the DIY), this was going to hurt more than just my eyes and brain cell capacity.

Heaven help me, my leg was already putting me through agony tantamount to that of a serious hospitalization injury, and I hadn’t even broken the goddam limb.

Okay, fuck. I think my leg died on me. Did I sprain a ligament? Shit, the whole thing’s gone numb now!
GOD! SAVE ME! I’m going to fall.

“Gerard! MY FUCKING LEG DIED!”

Oh great. Hysteria was taken to a whole new height with me. But oh god – I was in sheer, torturous agony and I was going to roll down the hill because my leg gave up the fight.

Damn my leg, just amputate the thing!

Ohhhh shit.

A/N: I know, my readers might think this chapter is CRAP. I'm sorry. I might've gotten writer's block, so I don't know.
Anyways, Comments = Updates, as always.

<3, Nerrin.