Elmo's World

Dungeons and Dragons

A/N: Frank’s hair in this story is the hairstyle he had in the “I’m Not Okay” video. Same goes for Gerard.

“Hey.”

“Hi Frank.”

“Guess what?”

“Yeah?” Fang tilted her head, studying me like I was an eight ball and she was sizing me up for the crack.

“I just noticed that our real names have a difference of only one letter.”

A slow smile spread across her face. “hey, you’re right!”

“And it took us so long to notice,” I couldn’t help rolling my eyes as Fang smirked.

“Uhm. So. You wanna go out later?” I cringed a little on the inside. I’d never grow out of the awkward feeling I always got when I asked girls out…regardless of two months’ worth of dating or not.

Old habits (habits? Tch!) die hard.

My brunette girlfriend grinned. “Yeah, sure.”

“Okay, meet me…”

= = = = = = = = = = = =

“You never told me it was going to be a group date!” Fang hissed, delivering me a painful nudge to the ribs.

“Well, you never asked!” I retorted, waving at the two approaching figures. Gee and Amy.

God knows what she was up to, being with him.

…Not that Gerard was all that bad to be with, but I just didn’t trust Amy.

“You never told me it was a group date!”

Well, at least Fang kept the noise level down. I’ll take back whatever misgivings I had about my girlfriend three minutes ago.

Gerard just grinned sheepishly at us, and returned to calming his girl down.

Ohhhh boy.

I really didn’t know what Gee saw in her.

Fang spoke up, her fingers laced with my own. “Uhm, are we going to watch a movie together or just hang out?”

“Movies,” Gee answered instantly, earning himself a disapproving glare from Amy.

“Yeah, movies.” Mainly, I said that to spite her. Yeah, I’m an immature little twit. Sue me and waste your good green paper.

Amy pouted, sticking out her lower lip and folding her slender arms. “Oh, fine, which movie shall it be, then? I want to watch the new one…Romeo and Juliet!” She was squealing – literally – at the prospect.

Fang blanched. “I was kinda thinking Dungeons and Dragons.”

Oh wow? That fantasy adventure that just came out? I heard it included some pretty epic creatures, so…

“Dungeons and Dragons? Sounds cool, Gee?” I shrugged nonchalantly, smirking with satisfaction on the inside. I knew I had won this battle.

Lover boy nodded.

I think Amy had an ulterior motive following us (against all odds) into the theatre.

Really, I wouldn’t like to bore you to death describing the entire film. Let’s just get straight to the point here – Amy and Gerard were seemingly bent on irking me out in the cinema.

Here’s the plan. I and Fang (bless her) were sitting behind them, delightful couple they were.

You’d think they were here for the seats, the air conditioning and the dim lighting, not the bloody film. Watching the two of them took up most of my attention.

I wasn’t a gross pervert, but it was just one of those things that latched to your attention like a leech and refused to let go.

Fang let out a soft groan beside me. “Are we going to be subject to that porn flick through the whole film?”

I think I snorted. “Let’s male them jealous,” I said, smirking.

So in the dim lighting of the cinema, we made out.

Some guy had the gall to mutter “get a room!” under his breath. In normal circumstances, I’d have stuck my middle finger in his unsuspecting face, but I was too intent on the task at hand: to make Amy wish that she had never come. AT ALL.

Going to make out (ugh) in front of me, AND with my best friend? Fine.

Then all of a sudden, Fang was all over me. Hands snaking under my black tee, hair in my face as she smashed her lips against mine.

She was running her hands up and down my thigh, across the legs of my dark jeans, playing with my belt and all the while getting closer to…

“The two of you are seriously fucked up!” came a squeal.

Okay, fuck. I really shouldn’t have gotten all over Fang in a place like this…

…Especially with Gerard watching.

Gerard?

Oh shit.

“Get off me a sec,” I hissed, trying to shove Fang off me.

“Gladly,” she just stated, and her weight disappeared, just like that. Damn, was she fast.

I looked around, irritably pushing away any of my messy black fringe that fell onto my face. Which was, trust me, quite a lot.

“Where’s Gee?”

Amy regarded me curiously (uh oh?) before sticking out that little pink tongue of hers at me in an expression of disgust. “He ran off to the cubicles to escape the porn he witnessed.”

She’s a fine one to talk. Porn indeed. Who started the whole parade, might I ask?

“Right,” I muttered distractedly, thinking hard. Ran off? Wha…? Damn. I was in deep shit here.

What the hell had I done?

“Shit. You girls hold on. I’ll got get Gerard.”

Amy glared at me. “Do you two have some sort of secret you’re not telling me?”

Apart from the big, big, BIG one which reveals that I kinda like your boyfriend? No.

But I didn’t actually say that, of course. I wasn’t all that stupid, honestly.

“No, I just want him back.” I snapped.

Fang stared at me, and I met her brown-eyed gaze, then nodded. She knew I was never coming back after this. After Gerard. Smart girl.

And I ran off before Amy could splutter a word of protest.