Elmo's World

Highschool Blues

A/N: HEY ALL! I’m back from hiatus and pulling this story back out! Exams are over and I did relatively great. =D
I hope to continue this and please my readers more…I’m sure I can improve. ^^
Now…


(Gerard’s P.O.V)

“Bro, you okay? Get our of bed!”

I groaned. Mikey was one human that could put alarm clocks out of business. “Leave me alone.”

“You’re going to be late for school!”

“Do I sound as though I care?” I yelled, grabbing my fluffy pillow from under my head and flinging it at the still-locked door of my room, which Mikey had been only recently pounding on.

“Fine!” my brother shouted from the outside, at the wooden surface of the emotionless door. “Have it your way!”

The steady, rhythmic thumping slowly getting fainter and fainter signaled him stomping down the stairs. Good. I needed to be alone.

Staring at the ceiling seemed to help, at lest for a little while.

What had been going on in Frank’s head yesterday? It was completely messed up. Completely. Kissing me then running away, what the hell did that mean?

What was it that he had said to me?

Goodbye, Gerard.

Oh, SHIT. Gasping, I shot upright in my bed. Change of heart now (oh wow), I needed to get to school, and FAST.

“MIKEY!” I screamed out my brother’s name, watching as the bespectacled teen raised his eyebrows at me once I thundered all the way down the flight of stairs. I was still dressed in yesterday’s clothing, oh joy.

“Get your ass in gear, we’re going to school.”

If Mikey ever recovered from the aftershock, I’d be amazed.

(Time Lapse, At School)

…Before Frank, there was something else I needed to do.

Coming to terms with myself (mainly involving long talks with a wall) was hard, but I’d finally accepted how I felt. I loved Frank.

But the road ahead was definitely going to be hard as hell.

Taking out my cell phone, I dialed a number.

“Hey!” she picked up the phone. “What’re you doing, calling me?”

“Amy, we need to…uh, talk.”

“What?”

“Uhm, look…” I paused, mentally steeling myself for whatever nuclear explosion that came next. “…Amy, we should break up.”

A pause. Uh oh?

“Wait…what is this all about?” Came her outraged voice over the line. “Why are you breaking up with me all of a sudden? Is it because of…”

I could almost picture her crystal blue eyes narrowing in suspicion as an accusing tone crept its way into her voice. “That day. You never returned to the cinema, nor did Frank. What exactly happened between the two of you?”

Crap. “Nothing.”

“I knew it,” she hissed, cruelty creating a harshness in her voice. “You and Frank have something you’re not telling me.”

“No, we don’t.”

“…Gerard, are you a FAG?” she spat the last word out like it was a wad of gum stuck to her shoe. Bad news.

“…Whatever. We’re still breaking up.”

“…You. LOVE. Frank Iero.”

No response from me.

“He has a girlfriend.”

“I know.” That, I’d deal with later on.

“You’ll be sorry for this.”

She hung up on me.

Okay, got that over and done with.
I opened the plastic door of my locker, rummaging around the junk inside until…

The quick patter of feet behind me became more audible. Whoever was once behind me had shifted position, shuffling around my hunched form, finally coming to a rest beside me and behind my opened locker door.

I looked down at the floor, and caught a glimpse of the black converse sneakers that belonged to the person. He (or she) was standing just a little to my right, apparently fumbling through THAT locker.

There was only one person who owned that locker.

I shut my own locker with agonizing slowness, afraid of who I might find. Or rather, afraid of seeing him again.

Oh, to hell with it. I slammed my locker shut, turning sideways.

“Frank?”

A/N: I apologize if the story isn't ALL that good, I suppose I'm a little rusty. Now I'm afraid of making you all disappointed readers. T__T

SHAMELESS PLUG! http://www.fanfiction.net/s/3790711/1/Homunculi_Nights
The above is a FullMetal Alchemist fanfiction I wrote one day. =/ If any of you readers read/watch the show/manga, could uhm...review? Please? As an annoymous reader. xD
If you don't watch, you may review just as uhm, a favour. *blush*

Now I feel bad.